• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Welcome back! Read this for post-migration information

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Y HALO THAR

Welcome to the new TLS Forums, now running XenForo; first off, thank you for your patience, the migration itself took about 24 hours which I guess isn’t too bad given how we’ve migrated about 700.000 posts overnight, but it’s still pretty bad. Apologies for the huge pink font, I regret nothing.

We’re still sorting out some things, so if the site breaks while you’re browsing it, please don’t panic, chances are we’re working on it.

When you’re a returning user, logging in should just work with your existing credentials; you can log in with either your username or registration e-mail address and your current password.

Now, this is important: if you’re missing something, it’s not lost, we will be keeping the old forums around for a while (maybe indefinitely, or until it gets hacked to shit) at https://thelifestream.net/oldforums - if you’re missing anything, check back there.

Reporting bugs

If you find an issue, please check threads in the Feedback section and make sure it’s not been reported yet. If not, please create a new thread; we’d like to keep track of issues and having them all over the place or in a single thread makes it hard to keep track.

Now, while we think we’ve got most things sorted out, there’s still a number of outstanding issues that we both need to fix and to figure out in the first place. These are, in no particular order:

Japanese text

We have a number of posts using Japanese characters. Because of how vBulletin stored these and how Xenforo stores them now, these have not been transferred over correctly. To fix these, we need to:

• Go to the old forums and find the same post
  • Copy the text - ideally by going into “Edit Post” or “Quote” mode
  • Go to the new forums
  • Edit post
  • Paste
  • Save

That should re-store these posts as UTF-8, that is, in their proper encoding.

Apologies for the inconvenience, we were unable to find a way to fix these and the Xf support forums were unresponsive in this case.

Thanks

The thanks system on vBulletin was a 3rd party plugin, so that data was not imported via the official importer. There was a post on the Xf forums about migrating them over, but that was a hack that tried to load all thanks into memory in one go and go through them one at a time, which didn’t work and caused some issues on the server. It was probably also mainly aimed at Xf 1.x, while we’re at 2.0.

I / we will need to write some code to import older thanks over; for reference, there’s about 1.3 million thanks handed out since we installed that system.

Markup & Signatures

Not all BBcode and other markup has been converted properly; please check your own profile and signature to make sure it’s all right. If you run into an error like too many characters or too many images, please create a thread.

While avatars seem to have been imported properly, they are also resized and right now are limited to 96x96; this seems to be a hardcoded thing in Xf. Maybe they’ll allow for larger sizes at some point, but until then we’ll leave it as it is; we can bring up the subject at a later date.

Unread Posts

It seems this information wasn’t transferred over correctly, so if things are showing up as unread that you’re sure you’ve read, please hit this link to mark everything as read. The software should keep track of read / unread threads after that.

Existing links and bookmarks

While Xenforo runs under the same URL as vBulletin, it uses a different internal URL structure. Existing links coming from the outside, or bookmarks, or search engine links may not work. There is a system to allow for an automatic redirect but while we were importing and setting things up this did not work; it will be one of the first things we’ll be working on.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'd like to claim this poast in this dank fresh new forums to give out a big thank you to everyone that's stood with us for this process that took far too long - how long has it been now, two plus years? I don't remember. I don't want to, :monster:

Thanks to everyone that helped us test out stuff before we went live, both on /xforums (which I'll shut down soon), https://discourse.thelifestream.net/ (which I'll shut down soon), and on /dankforums which is where we're on right now.

Big hand to Fancy for making these pretty new icons for special usergroups / markers / whatever we're going to call them, they're pretty dank IMO :monster:.

And of course the greatest of gratitude to Lex, who's done more to get us over to Xf more than everyone (including myself) combined; he's done the styling, sorted out all of the permissions (which was a bit of a clusterfuck), and made the themes, it's looking really nice <3.

Special shout-out to Gabriel who challenged our earlier tunnel vision towards Discourse, bringing us down this path. The migration was a lot smoother than it would have if we had gone to Discourse, and I think most people wouldn't be happy with it. I think it was Fangu who mentioned a while ago that she had seen it happening to other communities, they changed software and it changed so much that people just left. I hope Xenforo will actually have the opposite effect, and finally clear up some issues that vB had for forever - like working on mobile, like losing posts that took hours to write, etcetera.

Anyway, that. an' shit.

:hugemonster:

Lex

Administrator
@f a n c y ty for the icons I LOVE them <3

Also folks don't forget we have emoji now :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:

Although Yop I'm gonna need this one added (the small actual version):

tenor.gif

I'll add it myself in a bit :D

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
Y HALO THAR

Welcome to the new TLS Forums, now running XenForo; first off, thank you for your patience, the migration itself took about 24 hours which I guess isn’t too bad given how we’ve migrated about 700.000 posts overnight, but it’s still pretty bad. Apologies for the huge pink font, I regret nothing.

We’re still sorting out some things, so if the site breaks while you’re browsing it, please don’t panic, chances are we’re working on it.

When you’re a returning user, logging in should just work with your existing credentials; you can log in with either your username or registration e-mail address and your current password.

Now, this is important: if you’re missing something, it’s not lost, we will be keeping the old forums around for a while (maybe indefinitely, or until it gets hacked to shit) at https://thelifestream.net/oldforums - if you’re missing anything, check back there.

Reporting bugs

If you find an issue, please check threads in the Feedback section and make sure it’s not been reported yet. If not, please create a new thread; we’d like to keep track of issues and having them all over the place or in a single thread makes it hard to keep track.

Now, while we think we’ve got most things sorted out, there’s still a number of outstanding issues that we both need to fix and to figure out in the first place. These are, in no particular order:

Japanese text

We have a number of posts using Japanese characters. Because of how vBulletin stored these and how Xenforo stores them now, these have not been transferred over correctly. To fix these, we need to:

• Go to the old forums and find the same post
  • Copy the text - ideally by going into “Edit Post” or “Quote” mode
  • Go to the new forums
  • Edit post
  • Paste
  • Save

That should re-store these posts as UTF-8, that is, in their proper encoding.

Apologies for the inconvenience, we were unable to find a way to fix these and the Xf support forums were unresponsive in this case.

Thanks

The thanks system on vBulletin was a 3rd party plugin, so that data was not imported via the official importer. There was a post on the Xf forums about migrating them over, but that was a hack that tried to load all thanks into memory in one go and go through them one at a time, which didn’t work and caused some issues on the server. It was probably also mainly aimed at Xf 1.x, while we’re at 2.0.

I / we will need to write some code to import older thanks over; for reference, there’s about 1.3 million thanks handed out since we installed that system.

Markup & Signatures

Not all BBcode and other markup has been converted properly; please check your own profile and signature to make sure it’s all right. If you run into an error like too many characters or too many images, please create a thread.

While avatars seem to have been imported properly, they are also resized and right now are limited to 96x96; this seems to be a hardcoded thing in Xf. Maybe they’ll allow for larger sizes at some point, but until then we’ll leave it as it is; we can bring up the subject at a later date.

Unread Posts

It seems this information wasn’t transferred over correctly, so if things are showing up as unread that you’re sure you’ve read, please hit this link to mark everything as read. The software should keep track of read / unread threads after that.

Existing links and bookmarks

While Xenforo runs under the same URL as vBulletin, it uses a different internal URL structure. Existing links coming from the outside, or bookmarks, or search engine links may not work. There is a system to allow for an automatic redirect but while we were importing and setting things up this did not work; it will be one of the first things we’ll be working on.

Amazing work! It looks fab!

How much of the 24hrs was just transfering the Love Triangle debate? :awesome::D:wacky:

Top Bottom