Welcome back! Read this for post-migration information

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Japanese text

We have a number of posts using Japanese characters. Because of how vBulletin stored these and how Xenforo stores them now, these have not been transferred over correctly. To fix these, we need to:

• Go to the old forums and find the same post
  • Copy the text - ideally by going into “Edit Post” or “Quote” mode
  • Go to the new forums
  • Edit post
  • Paste
  • Save

That should re-store these posts as UTF-8, that is, in their proper encoding.

Apologies for the inconvenience, we were unable to find a way to fix these and the Xf support forums were unresponsive in this case.
I feel personally victimised by this and am lodging a formal complaint.

But also how cool is it to be able to just highlight text (even on a phone) and quote that in a post. What a time to be alive.

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
Hey all, awesome work on making everything look all shiny & new :D

This may have been covered, but after a quick tinker & look, I can't find my "subscribed threads", is this what the "watched" is meant to be? In saying that, would the old subscribed threads be able to be ported to this format?

Lex

Administrator
That's a question for @Cthulhu , admittedly the thread subscription feature is something I've only ever used on other forums (ResetERA).

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
WHAT IS CHANGE SO TERRIFY MUCH DISLIKE SUPER WOW

Just kidding, I liek how official things look. So smooth, so shiny~

(Now, if there could be different colored layout themes... *winkwonknyuknyuknyuk*)

Fangu

Great Old One
Yeah that contrast looks like it wouldn't pass any of the WCAG minimum requirements.

In other news, the green background when marking text is pretty. It makes me happy.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Just wanna chip in that I figured the text colour thing was a design thing and that I'd have to get used to it, but I dun liek it because I have to tilt my screen to see it properly. I keep my screen slightly dimmed because bright lights hurt pretty quickly. Is there any way of making it sharper at least?

Lex

Administrator
Happy to lighten the colour if there's enough support for it, I'll take a look in a bit.

Lex

Administrator
I've changed the colours for both the "not selected" tabs in the header and the search bar (which also changes the mailbox icon colour), since they were also black. Could you all please let me know if that's better?

Thanks

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I had a colleague who was quite into / versed in the accessibility wotsit, and he used a contrast meter (like https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/ ) to check his colors here and there; iirc the WCAG dictates a minimal contrast rating. One of the interesting things he did was very subtly change the official company logo shade of orange so that it met the WCAG recommendations (I forgot the exact location / circumstance it was used at). Nobody noticed, but the number was better, so, woot.

Erm, I mean. I agree the previous colors was a bit hard to see in high light conditions. Carry on, :monster:. How is the official Xf skin looking in those conditions?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Late to the party, but yes. The forums look awesome.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to navigate on mobile, though, buuuut maybe that's just user error. :monster:

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Late to the party, but yes. The forums look awesome.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to navigate on mobile, though, buuuut maybe that's just user error. :monster:
I only ever use mobile to view the site so let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to fill you in :)

Top Bottom