• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Welcome back! Read this for post-migration information

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
For the sake of full disclosure, I'm also almost exclusively a mobile user these days and think the old site was much more mobile friendly. I'm honestly surprised that anyone thinks otherwise. :monster:

That being said, I've made my peace with it and am thoroughly pleased that it's an improvement in the eyes of most everyone else. =) Clearly it's just me that’s missing something here.

Lex

Administrator
I truly struggled with the old site on mobile, it literally had zero mobile functionality. I'm not trying to devalue your opinion Tres, but is it possible you just got used to it? I knew you didn't have a problem with it on mobile previously where most others did, but I was hoping you would like the mobile support of the new board.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It's entirely possible that I don't know what "mobile functionality" is supposed to entail. Mainly, what I liked before is that the forum looked literally the same on mobile as it did on a computer, and with the closing or widening of my fingertips, I could zoom in or out to my preference at any given moment.

Now, it's kind of crammed by default into this "post width" size. It's weird to me and doesn't look "right."

There are a few other navigation button-related things that I'm not crazy about, but I doubt there's anything that could have been or can be done about those. I assume they're just part and parcel of the software.

Anyway, I wasn't calling for anything to be "fixed." =) I recognize that I'm the odd one here.

Seriously, I'll get used to it all, and I'm just glad that everyone else seems happy (and that we're no longer living on borrowed time with the relic we were operating off before).

Reactions: Lex

Lex

Administrator
There's likely a way to enable the desktop version of the site on mobile if you'd rather do that?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I would, but I don't expect anyone to go to any additional trouble. I am aware of and grateful for the work already put in to make this new platform possible.

No additional effort is needed for this one silly Mexican.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
idk if it's possible, but i would like to see the thread page numbers on mobile like they show up on the desktop version? i like being able to click to the last page, especially since the move meant some threads were marked as unread for me and i just want to see the new stuff.

unless you can do that already, in which case please delete this post and eliminate every trace of me saying this

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
To add to the conversation about mobile, it doesn't give you a good idea of how big the images you are posting are. I posted a pic in the Spider-Man game thread last night, and on mobile it was the ideal size. On desktop it's HUGE. :O

But then I noticed you can make it a clickable thumbnail instead on the desktop? :O I'm kind of being blown away by all this.

Also, is this the thread to also make suggestions? I just noticed the AKA field only allows 15 characters. Can that be changed at all?

take your time tho it's not a huge deal

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
(i don't actually have fat fingers, just fat everything else)
Humble-brag much? :awesome:

I had the same issue at first that you're having, but if you go ahead and click the "mark everything as read" thing, it should just start taking you to the newer posts when you enter a thread (instead of annoyingly taking you to the first page).

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Humble-brag much? :awesome:
honestly i mean more like this

w3PWcy3.jpg

Top Bottom