• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Well he wasn't made from scratch.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
So whilst browsing jewtube for FFVII glitch videos and the like, I stumbled upon this video which seems to have not been placed in the game, but would have shed a lot of light on the whole "cloud's a clone? wtf, this shit spins my world upside down" topic during disk two.

I'm not sure if it's ever been talked about, but after lurking here and ACF past, I haven't seen a topic on it. :monster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzx10A2eynA#noexternalembed&feature=related

Thoughts?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I wish they did put that in the game and nip in the bud the thousands of fans who literally thought Cloud *was* a literal clone of Sephiroth. :monster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
In the end, he's still a copy of Seph. as what CC or all those stories say. Just not a clone. =___=

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
He's only a copy in the sense that he goes through the same procedure that Sephiroth underwent in his creation.

He's a "copy" of Sephiroth in that respect. Getting mako and Jenova cells. But that's it.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Bigass sword isn't badass enough. Must needs be 12 feet long fgj.

Interesting how it's worded: "What was up with *that* Cloud anyways?" And the end "But why only Cloud...?"

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
There looked to be another speech bubble that didn't load when Red XIII said "Then what is Cloud?". I wonder what that was?

Bonaventura

Carpe Diem
AKA
G's Apple
Isn't it usually a small error in the game when a speech box appears like that? I'm sure I've seen it at least once in my game. It cuts off some dialogue sometimes, but nothing else.

Just wondering; how do people find these scenes? Through Debug room?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=702.msg31281#msg31281 date=1237279805]
I wish they did put that in the game and nip in the bud the thousands of fans who literally thought Cloud *was* a literal clone of Sephiroth. :monster:
[/quote]

Agreed. Even I thought that for a brief time. I was 10, and Sephiroth does keep emphasizing that Cloud was produced, never having actually existed. By my second play-through I understood it though.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I kind of thought that one of the main points of the Lifestream scene was to show that Cloud was a real person and not just something built a couple years ago. :/

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Yeah, but this scene is supposedly meant to be during the Lifestream scene. So while people are getting/gotten/still confused about Cloud's cloning process, this gives them a brief glimpse of the others still on the Highwind, and what they're thinking. Heck, I was just as confused about Cloud being a clone of Seph and what not, I had to look up FAQs on it. :/

It's said (I think) on the vid description that they fiddled with it in the debug room.

[quote author=Masamune link=topic=702.msg31294#msg31294 date=1237283876]
There looked to be another speech bubble that didn't load when Red XIII said "Then what is Cloud?". I wonder what that was?
[/quote]

That's all Cloud is, just a blip in the system. :monster:

Yeah, that definitely would've prevented a lot of confusion. "Clone" is a really confusing word choice when what they really mean is that they "cloned" the procedure of the experiments preformed on Sephiroth; or at least it was really unintuitive for me to think of it that way, hence the initial confusion. :/

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I think that was the whole point. We were supposed to be confused until it was all explained in the Lifestream scene. :monster:

I still don't see how this scene would have made things any more clear.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Until the Lifestream scene? Tenny, this is supposed to go inbetween there. :monster: It's supposed to help us liek, while Cloud and Tifa are doing that, here's what's going on elsewhere.. and for all you kids who are still confused...

Come Ten, not all of us are smart and got it on the first try. Cut us kiddies some slack. :duhard:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I'm sorreh! D:

Probably would have been awkward, too, to suddenly switch to everyone else during that time...

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Well, awkward I can agree on.

"da-da-dadada... walking through nibelheim.... owait airship? wtf"

Top Bottom