What’s Next after FF7 Crisis Core Reunion

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
I can't imagine them actually covering the whole game though. My guess is Ever Crisis will have 2 to 3 chapters worth of stuff.

Still no idea how comprehensive it's gonna be, but we should know in the next few months I guess.

When you say Grand Finale, what do you mean?

The conclusion of the Compilation's story, that resolves the Dirge cliffhanger.
I doubt they'll just leave it unresolved, but I also doubt they'll make a dedicated Dirge sequel, so I highly suspect they'll wrap everything up in Remake part 3.

Purely speculation on my part.
I won't complain if they revisit Dirge after Part 3 and then do a sequel. lol

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
The conclusion of the Compilation's story, that resolves the Dirge cliffhanger

I don't think the remake trilogy is the conclusion to the compilation's story though. To my knowledge, Dirge is still the conclusion.

It goes Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Remake Trilogy, Advent Children, and then Dirge

The Remake trilogy is just a more cohesive version of FF7, that ties the compilation together

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I've been wondering, since I didn't play DoC nor watched it, if there are elements from it that could serve Remake's ending in a way ACC doesn't? Who's got the knowledge about it around here?

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
I don't think the remake trilogy is the conclusion to the compilation's story though. To my knowledge, Dirge is still the conclusion.

It goes Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Remake Trilogy, Advent Children, and then Dirge

Remake trilogy is clearly a new timeline with some weird timey wimey stuff going on.
Popular idea is that post AC Seph sent his consciousness back in time through the lifestream or something.
I could see post DoC events involving Genesis being the nexus of this time travel event, and everything comes full circle.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I've been wondering, since I didn't play DoC nor watched it, if there are elements from it that could serve Remake's ending in a way ACC doesn't? Who's got the knowledge about it around here?

I played Dirge, but I have no idea what would serve remake's ending in a way ACC didn't. I don't think any of us have an idea. We'd just be speculating

Remake trilogy is clearly a new timeline with some weird timey wimey stuff going on.
Popular idea is that it's post AC Seph sent his consciousness back in time through the lifestream or something.
I could see post DoC events involving Genesis being the nexus of this time travel event, and everything comes full circle.

Yes, but that doesn't mean it's not taking place in the same spot as ff7 does. We already know Remake takes place right after Crisis Core/CCReunion.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Lol sorry. I don't like to speculate very much. I feel let down, if it doesn't turn out how I'd like it. I've already done it with Rebirth (hoping Cloud kills Aerith, and is the final boss). I'm gonna be very sad, if those don't happen haha

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
The Remake trilogy is just a more cohesive version of FF7, that ties the compilation together
Remake introduces plot elements that I doubt we’re expected to retroactively consider part of the OG story so I think it’s more accurate to say it’s a seperate continuity

I've already done it with Rebirth (hoping Cloud kills Aerith, and is the final boss). I'm gonna be very sad, if those don't happen haha
A fellow member of the “Cloud killing Aerith” death cult, I see :awesome:

Reactions: LNK

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Remake introduces plot elements that I doubt we’re expected to retroactively consider part of the OG story so I think it’s more accurate to say it’s a seperate continuity

Oh for sure. I don't think remake is connected to ff7. It is connected to the compilation though.

A fellow member of the “Cloud killing Aerith” death cult, I see :awesome:

Oh yes. I need that, in all it's glory. We thought it was bad that Sephiroth did it back in 97. Now have it be a manipulated Cloud? Lol ohhhh boy

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
Yes, but that doesn't mean it's not taking place in the same spot as ff7 does. We already know Remake takes place right after Crisis Core/CCReunion.

Well, yes and no.
It takes place in the same spot, but it's a different timeline.
Events in it are likely happening because events in the future "already happened".
Like the next cycle in a time loop is "after" the previous, but it's just repeated events.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Well, yes and no.
It takes place in the same spot, but it's a different timeline.

I agree. Which is why I still stick by my understanding of the trilogy being a remake of ff7, and not a sequel of it

Events in it are likely happening because events in the future "already happened".
Like the next cycle in a time loop is "after" the previous, but it's just repeated events.

This is where I disagree

Last edited:

Kuraudo.

Panta rei
EC will cover Before Crisis and make justice to it, if all goes well.

Then we will have ACR=Advent Children R(choose title) with new English dub and revised Buster Sword.

Then we will have DCR=Dirge of Cerberus Redemption a full remake for PS5, less cringe, including Lost Episode and Online story, following Remake battle system and new added content. More on Restrictors too.

That's all. See you in 2028.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer

The main villain in DoC has the same plan Sephiroth had in FFVII(merge with the Lifestream) and ACC(travel the universe looking for a new planet), and he was going to use a new Weapon introduced in DoC to do that. So maybe this Weapon will be important in this new trilogy.

Top Bottom