• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What’s Next after FF7 Crisis Core Reunion

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I also like to think what's next for FFVII after the final remake episode releases... will they try to create new unresolved plot to justify sequels? will they adapt Advent Children in game form?

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
Didn't Nomura, Nojima or Kitase say they won't be doing that though? They said something in Dirge would spoil the ending of this trilogy

They just said there were no plans for it right now.

Tabata also said there were no plans for a CC remaster in 2017.
Assuming the gap between Rebirth an Part 3 is similar to Remake and Rebirth, Part 3 will be out around 2027, and this'd be a 2026 release.
So I don't take much meaning from them saying there are no plans in 2022.

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
I do remember them also saying it would spoil remake trilogy's ending.

They definitely never said that.
Closest I can think of was a 2017 Nomura interview with Gamersflag where he said there were no plans to release a Compilation HD Remaster because the games weren't coherent with Remake.
This applied to CC too.

Tabata said in that interview that it could come after 7 remake though. Which it did

edit: An actually, the interviewer was only asking about a PC release

That's kinda my point. "No plans" doesn't really mean anything for a remaster that'd still be 5 years out anyway.
Cause they could start planning next year.

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
Aw why not? :(
We see AC logo on EC, but perhaps Kids: Turks are Alright and OTWATS are included there since it's related as AC prequel. Case of Denzel already exists as anime and it's more believable to expand it as anime too. Case of Shinra is very related to Turks: Kids are Alright and can be seen as BC+LO sequel since The Turks + Veld are gathered again. SE just produce anime like Nier: Automata, at least FF7 can also have it although I dont expect it as a whole game adaptation since Remake project is still ongoing at least till 2027.

Aside from that, novel project can be also expected rather than new game. In TOTP interview, Nojima said he's interested to write novel about Vincent. In the past, he also said that he would love to write Cloud's journey after AC since Cloud was still young. If it was about new game, we rely on Nomura's sudden creative ideas lol, who expect about First SOLDIER and Ever Crisis in the first place? He always surprise us.

Didn't Nomura, Nojima or Kitase say they won't be doing that though? They said something in Dirge would spoil the ending of this trilogy
I do remember them also saying it would spoil remake trilogy's ending.
You believe it when they re-released ACC in 4K quality last year? It must be other reasons they can't say. I heard DC flops.

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
You believe it when they re-released ACC in 4K quality last year? It must be other reasons they can't say. I heard DC flops.

Yes, because their idea of what spoils the game, from what I might think is a spoiler, is totally different. That's evidenced by them doing a remaster of crisis core prior to Rebirth, which most people thought would spoil one of the largest parts of the trilogy

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate

It was this year. I think it was a japanese site. I'll have to go back and check.

That's kinda my point. "No plans" doesn't really mean anything for a remaster that'd still be 5 years out anyway.
Cause they could start planning next year.

But you can't use that interview, because he was already walking back "no plans," by saying "it could come after remake."

With dirge, they aren't saying anything like that.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T

"So the most important thing is to finish the remake trilogy first, because if we release Dirge of Cerberus in the middle, people will find out the ending. We'll think about releasing Dirge of Cerberus after we've finished all three games, never before."

Though I agree with your earlier post that things change over the years. Never really know what's going on behind the curtain.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
"So the most important thing is to finish the remake trilogy first, because if we release Dirge of Cerberus in the middle, people will find out the ending. We'll think about releasing Dirge of Cerberus after we've finished all three games, never before."

Though I agree with your earlier post that things change over the years. Never really know what's going on behind the curtain.

Thanks. I don't have Twitter, so I couldn't get to this post. I knew I wasn't wrong

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yeah, they said that which made me snort because HEY HOW DOES ACC NOT SPOIL THE ENDING BUT DOC DOES?

Please someone enlight me :rage: I'm pretty sure it has more to do with the fact that DoC flopped too lol. If not we might consider that the rerelease of ACC is not in the Re-series sense, but as a complement of the OG, which they told everyone to play (lol spoilers), while DoC might get a Re-series treatment (doubtful).

1rstClassSoldier

Pro Adventurer
We see AC logo on EC, but perhaps Kids: Turks are Alright and OTWATS are included there since it's related as AC prequel. Case of Denzel already exists as anime and it's more believable to expand it as anime too. Case of Shinra is very related to Turks: Kids are Alright and can be seen as BC+LO sequel since The Turks + Veld are gathered again. SE just produce anime like Nier: Automata, at least FF7 can also have it although I dont expect it as a whole game adaptation since Remake project is still ongoing at least till 2027.

Aside from that, novel project can be also expected rather than new game. In TOTP interview, Nojima said he's interested to write novel about Vincent. In the past, he also said that he would love to write Cloud's journey after AC since Cloud was still young. If it was about new game, we rely on Nomura's sudden creative ideas lol, who expect about First SOLDIER and Ever Crisis in the first place? He always surprise us.

Makes sense

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
It was this year. I think it was a japanese site. I'll have to go back and check.

But you can't use that interview, because he was already walking back "no plans," by saying "it could come after remake."

With dirge, they aren't saying anything like that.

Ah, I had only seen the Famitsu interview from a couple days earlier than this, where he said "The team have been thinking about remaking Dirge and Before Crisis a lot, but they have no plans yet."

Though here, he's still saying "it could come after part 3". lol
Never mind that they're releasing the Dirge story in Ever Crisis in the meantime.

I just don't believe for a second that they added all those DoC elements and don't plan on revisiting it.
And if they take over 3 years to get Part 3 out after Rebirth, that's still when I see them releasing it.

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Though here, he's saying "it could come after part 3". lol

Yeah, but that falls in line with what I already said. It wouldn't come till after the trilogy is done.

Never mind that they're releasing the Dirge story in Ever Crisis in the meantime

Will that actually come out before the trilogy is done? And will it be the full game, like a remaster of Dirge would be? If it's not, I think it's safe to say whatever would be a spoiler with the remaster, wouldn't be with the Ever Crisis version.

I just don't believe for a second that they added all those DoC elements and don't plan on revisiting it.

I'm not saying that though. I'm just saying we won't see a remaster of Dirge prior to the trilogy being done. We'll def get more elements of dirge in the trilogy. Most likely once we return to midgar

Yeah, they said that which made me snort because HEY HOW DOES ACC NOT SPOIL THE ENDING BUT DOC DOES?

There must be something lol

Last edited:

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, but that falls in line with what I already said. It wouldn't come till after the trilogy is done.

Will that actually come out before the trilogy is done? And will it be the full game, like a remaster of Dirge would be? If it's not, I think it's safe to say whatever would be a spoiler with the remaster, wouldn't be with the Ever Crisis version.

Yeah. Those mobile games can drip feed super slowly, so who knows.
It should cover the whole story though I would think.

I'm not saying that though. I'm just saying we won't see a remaster of Dirge prior to the trilogy being done. We'll def get more elements of dirge in the trilogy. Most likely once we return to midgar

Just seems odd to me.
You'd think they'd want the grand finale of the Compilation to be Part 3.
Tying up the Dirge cliffhanger and everything.
Though, I suppose it still could be, and they just go back with the remaster afterwards.

Top Bottom