I'm so glad I finished school
Life is such a ball
I run the world from City Hall"

Best song ever made.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
Loooooooooooove the lyrics that Utada puts together for her songs on her Exodus album.

And I adore this song--the lyrical composition of it, the overall forceful way she sings it as it progressively builds up--it's awesome.

Everybody wants me to be their angel
Everybody wants something they can cradle
Oooh

They don't know I burn!
They don't know I burn!
They don't know I burn burn burn!

Maybe there's a devil!
There's something like it inside!
Maybe there's a devil!
There's something like inside of me!
Devil! Inside!
Maybe there's a devil!
Somewhere in me! Deep inside me!
Devil! Inside of me!

You don't know cuz you're too busy reading labels
You're missing all the action underneath my table

They don't know I burn
Just waiting for my turn
Just waiting for my turn turn turn

Maybe there's a devil!
Maybe there's a devil!
There's something like it inside of me!
Devil! Inside!
Devil! Deep inside me....!

Ooohh Ooooohh

Devil!
Maybe there's a devil!
There's something like it inside of me!
Devil! Inside!
Devil! Deep inside me!

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Still the same song

There are really not many songs that can match the level of :monster:ness of Brown Shoes Don't make It.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Simple and Clean -- Utada Hikaru

I'm a KH whore. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
65daysofstatic - The Fall Of Math

Also, Mastodon sounded pretty bad on their live performance on The Tonight Show or something, so troof on their voices being pretty meh :monster:.

Or I'm just critical.

Megatron

tits or gtfo
AKA
Moo, Meuterei, Destroyer of Worlds
Enslaved - "Queen of Night"

At the shores of sorrow, how far he'd come to see her eyes...

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Fix The Sky A Little -- 65daysofstatic

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Drove Through Ghosts to Get Here -- 65daysofstatic

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Some spacy documentary on National Geographic. They're now talking about how bone and muscles deteriorate etc.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Some spacy documentary on National Geographic. They're now talking about how bone and muscles deteriorate etc.

Sounds both icky and fascinating. :monster:

The Big Afraid -- 65daysofstatic

tangerine

B ● A ● N ● A ● N ● A
AKA
Val
I say fever - Ramona Falls

I figured out that the album isn't out until the 18th. That explains why I couldn't find it!

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
We Only Come Out At Night -- The Smashing Pumpkins

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Aerodynamic -- Daft Punk

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Listening to the victory fanfare of FFVI. Ah, late-night party-training sessions rock pretty hard. :desu:

Erm and yeah I'm also listening to this: These Things You Can't Unlearn -- 65daysofstatic

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
DödsÄngel - The Last Forest

Blackened crust project consisting solely of a Norwegian-Canadian who identifies herself entirely by what I presume is her first name, Trish. As is typical of blackened crust, the lyrics deal with warfare, misanthropy, environmental issues and anarchism. Vox are a blend mix of the typical throaty shout of hardcore and the more guttural rasp typical of black metal; thus, comparisons to other femme black metal vocalists like Darkestrah's Kriegtalith or Astarte's Tristessa would be sort of missing the point. They're extremely atypical, but they get the job. Musicianship is impressive, especially the drumming, and songs often segue into one another which provides a further point of intrigue. This is fairly impressive stuff; I'm looking forward to more material, which her bio indicates will be coming soon.

Oh, and she's also fucking hott.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
DödsÄngel - The Last Forest

Blackened crust project consisting solely of a Norwegian-Canadian who identifies herself entirely by what I presume is her first name, Trish. As is typical of blackened crust, the lyrics deal with warfare, misanthropy, environmental issues and anarchism. Vox are a blend mix of the typical throaty shout of hardcore and the more guttural rasp typical of black metal; thus, comparisons to other femme black metal vocalists like Darkestrah's Kriegtalith or Astarte's Tristessa would be sort of missing the point. They're extremely atypical, but they get the job. Musicianship is impressive, especially the drumming, and songs often segue into one another which provides a further point of intrigue. This is fairly impressive stuff; I'm looking forward to more material, which her bio indicates will be coming soon.

Oh, and she's also fucking hott.

*googles*

Yeah she's pretty hawt, I'd have to say. :awesome: I'd date her if I could.

Erm so . . . I've never really been able to get into Black metal, no matter what the variation for some reason (I don't know why really, it just never resonated with me). My ex tried to introduce me to it one time but the most I've dabbled in are bands that don't originate from Europe really and hardly fall into the atypical Black metal category. I think the hardest bands I've ever listened to were Opeth and Dimmu Borgir (though my ex doesn't know that :monster:) and only Dimmu Borgir constitutes as Black metal--though it's much more symphonic.

Yeah . . .

Lover's Spit -- Broken Social Scene

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
You probably just haven't heard the right stuff yet :monster: I found it too aggressive at first as well but after awhile certain pieces convinced me with their epicness that there was stuff worth listening to in the genre, and after awhile I grew to enjoy a lot moar of it. :monster:

DödsÄngel - Helgrind

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
You probably just haven't heard the right stuff yet :monster: I found it too aggressive at first as well but after awhile certain pieces convinced me with their epicness that there was stuff worth listening to in the genre, and after awhile I grew to enjoy a lot moar of it. :monster:

DödsÄngel - Helgrind

Yeah you're probably right. Most of the kids in my school either listen to mainstream metal or the only Black metal they throw around "for its epicness" is Dimmu Borgir which, in its own right, isn't a bad band per se but their older material is definitely more symphonic and enjoyable than their newer stuff.

I've yet to actually find someone in my school that listens to symphonic Black metal bands that's actually good all-around. I actually didn't start listening to rock music until I was like 12 or so . . . :awesome:

Grass -- Animal Collective

Top Bottom