• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What are you listening to?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

This has very much just grabbed my brain and kept itself on a loop. The subtitles are also really well executed for parsing the lyrics, even if they're a bit contextual to some things with her past/character.

X :neo:

Ghost X

Both the movie and single version of Underground from the Labyrinth has been an earworm of mine for about the past week. Would love to hear them remade without a synthesizer, which is the only thing I think stops them sounding timeless. Imitated sound effects don't have a sense of realness to them, in my view. What I have an new found appreciation of however is the usage of the accordian.

Ghost X

This song has been a real slow burn for me, having listened to it here and there since it was released and it not doing much for me, but now I'm into it. I like that the music clip has some level of production value and thought put into it also, as well as the lyrics and how they're sung, adding to the conveyance of meaning deeper than just the words stated.

Music is my distant third interest after drawing and writing (with an expertise level of similar description), but I'd love to make some kind of truth-telling anthem for my own country or something similar to this here at some point. Momentarily inspired at least. I find trying to keep track of my music ideas harder than my writing and visual art ideas also, which is a pain in the ass. Just writing the notes on a manuscript and coming back to it later is no good, because there's a lot of information lost, unless I write specific annotations (which I don't :mon:).

Ghost X

For some reason I associate the sounds in this song with sideshow rides, probably because I've heard the song used at such places whilst in the midst of trauma for having gone on one of said "thrilling" "amusement" rides. Still, I manage to like the song a lot. I swear I've heard sounds in this song sampled elsewhere, namely in other music, and would be keen to learn if they have a name as well as the origins of it (the kind of sounds that begins at the 15 second, 19 second, and 39 second mark respectively, though I suspect they're all related, just morphologically different :P).

D

Deleted member 13557

Stumbled on these guys last night through Spotify as they were listed as a band similar to the incredible Killing Joke. So glad I gave them a spin, wound up listening to this entire album and it’s some of the best shit I’ve heard in a while.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Happy 40th birthday MTV. Thanks for the 20 years of Music Television while filling the remaining 20 years with bullshit reality TV that has nothing to do with Music! Now GET OFF THE AIR!

Last edited:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I am lost in a rainbow
Now our rainbow is gone
Overcast by your shadow
As our worlds move on

In this shirt I can be you
To be near you for a while
In this shirt I can be you
To be near you for a while

There's a crane knocking down
All these things that we were
I awake in the night
To hear the engines pout

There's a pain, it does ripple
Through my frame, makes me lame
There's a thorn in my side
It's the shame, it's the prize

Of you and me, ever changing
Moving on now, moving fast
And this touch must be wanting
Must become through your ask

But I mean dare to tell you
That I love you - it never ends
And I bled everyday now
For a year, for a year

I did send you a note
On the wind for to read
Our names there together
Must've fallen like the sea
To the depths of the soil
Buried deep in the ground
On the wind I can hear you
Call my name, held the sound

I am lost
I am lost in a rainbow
Now our rainbow is gone
I am lost in a rainbow
Now our rainbow is gone

[In This Shirt]

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
A broken heart is all that's left
I'm still fixing all the cracks
Lost a couple of pieces when
I carried it, carried it, carried it home
I'm afraid of all I am
My mind feels like a foreign land
Silence ringing inside my head
Please, carry me, carry me, carry me home

I've spent all of the love I saved
We were always a losing game
Small-town boy in a big arcade
I got addicted to a losing game

All I know, all I know
Loving you is a losing game

How many pennies in the slot?
Giving us up didn't take a lot
I saw the end 'fore it begun
Still I carry, I carry, I carry on

All I know, all I know

All I know, all I know

I don't need your games, game over
Get me off this rollercoaster

All I know, all I know

[Arcade]

Last edited:

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
It’s a Chrono Cross OST kinda night boyee

Likes CCs soundtrack and has a Feena avatar. A woman of culture.
Always loved the jazzy side of that track, despite being pretty ominous overall.

---

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
I just went to my first concert since the Pandemic on Friday. Here's a song from that show.

If you don't know who they are, they are Lamb of God from Richmond motherfuckin' Virginia, and this song is called (in Cookie Monster voice) NOW YOU'VE GOT SOMETHING TO DIE FOR!

Top Bottom