What games are you currently playing?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Been trying to get into the singleplayer of Minecraft, with new version out and all, :monster:. Most convenient new improvement in 1.3 would be the inclusion of a bed, so you don't have to spend a night staring out your door watching zombies run all over the plaec.

I'd really like a navigation tool of sorts though, I couldn't find my house anymore :monster:.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
42 All-Time Classics

Game compendium on the NDS. Was about the only thing I could do to relieve my boredom last night (only needing one hand to play). ;.;

Played othello/turncoat and chess. Did better on the latter. :monster:

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Angry Birds.
Now I am sans xbox, iphone games are the way forward.
And now I am addicted.

--Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

I have come to like this game. Although it is a bit confusing until you get the hang of it.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Dragon Quest IX

Just entered Coffinwell, the town of a thousand puns. :awesome:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Just beat Killzone 2 in preparation for Killzone 3, started playing FFXIII as soon as i beat kz2 since i was bored and felt like finally having something new to complain about.

Chapter 3, dont mind the absence of towns yet. Paradigm thingy is neat thus far.
I dont like getting tutorials three chapters in though, your doing it wrong SE.
edit:

Yop, make a compass. Kinda useful for finding your home if you made it near your spawn point. Or if your feeling crafty use a editor to make your home your spawn point so you never lose it.
On my last pc (where i had the ff7 shinra mansion saved, and the blitzball stadium<-- i actually finished that thing). I ended up getting lost, it took about 3 hours of following the moon in the wrong direction before i realized i was going the wrong way. I finally backtracked and made it home but that file became about 30mb large just from spawning so much random land while being lost.

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Dragon Quest IX

The day before St David's Day, I saved Porth Llaffan from Lleviathan. Tidy. :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I am playing PARASITE EVE.

oh my god this story is terrible and makes no scientific sense, but this is fun

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I think 'scientific sense' flew out the window the moment mitochondria produced sufficient amounts of energy for cells to spontaneously combust

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Taking a break from Pokemon to play Chrono Trigger. Forgot how easy it is to lose all track of time on that game, started it up just for a quick game before bed last night.... and didn't stop till I had the Masamune. Oopsies.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Dragon Age <3

Just started the Landsmeet - the end of the game is almost in sight!

Tenyoku

(&#9472;&#8255;&#8255;&#9472;)
Naruto: Path of the Ninja 1. I like the atmosphere in-game of Konoha and all the stuff from the first 80ish episodes. And the rpg elements of the game (jutsu, weapons, stats and other whatnots) are designed actually pretty cool.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
DA2 Demo = Hnnnggghhhhhhh

Dragon age, currently powering through all the quests I can before I go and kill the high dragon.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I KILLED THAT MOTHERFUCKER LAST NIGHT AND WAS LIKE

AW YEAH
I'M A BADASS

...but then I realized my entire party died while fighting. Dunno how, but Morrigan amd Leliana randomly revived themselves (dunno why Alistair didn't), so I more or less solo'd the bitch with my main character. ;.;

Aaaaaaaand idk. This is my first time playing so lolspoilers, but I know Imma save before I have to choose.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I think 'scientific sense' flew out the window the moment mitochondria produced sufficient amounts of energy for cells to spontaneously combust
it's neo mitochondria :sadpanda:

When the game talked about how people learnt about mitochondria in school it made me wonder how bad the school I went to was, since I only knew about it from reading stuff on my own.

But it was apparently one of the worst in the city, so maybe that's why. also my not going all the time and they put me in the lower science class

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
here are some scientific facts parasite eve got wrong:

mitochondria is not sentient. it is in fact a cellular organelle that produces energy for the cell.

mitochondrial eve is not a cellular deformity but in fact, the woman to whom most people can trace their mitochondrial DNA to because the DNA of mitochondria remains relatively unchanged (and is passed through mothers thus mitochondrial eve and not mitochondrial adam)

i can only assume that when mitochondria started to work against the cell, the lysozyme would induce apoptosis

etc.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
here are some scientific facts parasite eve got wrong:

mitochondria is not sentient. it is in fact a cellular organelle that produces energy for the cell.

mitochondrial eve is not a cellular deformity but in fact, the woman to whom most people can trace their mitochondrial DNA to because the DNA of mitochondria remains relatively unchanged (and is passed through mothers thus mitochondrial eve and not mitochondrial adam)

i can only assume that when mitochondria started to work against the cell, the lysozyme would induce apoptosis

etc.
it's probably wrong that i'm finding this hot

i should have been a scientist so i could find myself hot

I wonder how much of that is Square's attempts at science and how much is carry over from the original novel. I've only read halfway through it so far (because I have to look up all the Japanese science words and then realise I don't know what they mean in English), but no one has been combusted so far.

I'm hoping since the author's a pharmacologist, it'll be more accurate. I thought I was learning something D:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
it's probably wrong that i'm finding this hot

i should have been a scientist so i could find myself hot

I wonder how much of that is Square's attempts at science and how much is carry over from the original novel. I've only read halfway through it so far (because I have to look up all the Japanese science words and then realise I don't know what they mean in English), but no one has been combusted so far.

I'm hoping since the author's a pharmacologist, it'll be more accurate. I thought I was learning something D:
well, I would certainly hope it'd be a bit more accurate. And hopefully it might grant people some insight to the endosymbiotic theory of mitochondria which states that they grew along with our cells as part of a symbiotic relationship to get food.

but other than that since it's a novel i generally don't put a whole lot of stock into it having scientific insight, otherwise i would be convinced that trisomatic anneuploidy would actually result in vampire superbabies ala Twilight :awesome:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
but other than that since it's a novel i generally don't put a whole lot of stock into it having scientific insight, otherwise i would be convinced that trisomatic anneuploidy would actually result in vampire superbabies ala Twilight :awesome:
It's him being a pharmacologist that made me want to think stuff like the classroom scenes were close to actual facts.

Unlike Smeyer, who's just insane and wrote down her fapping dreams :awesome:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
It's him being a pharmacologist that made me want to think stuff like the classroom scenes were close to actual facts.

Unlike Smeyer, who's just insane and wrote down her fapping dreams :awesome:
BUT then again, Osamu Tezuka is a doctor and sometimes He Writes Shit Cause It's More Awesome That Way without having any basis in fact. But I would think that those classroom scenes should have a lot of fact in them, given I have no idea how the plot actually goes.

Top Bottom