• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What games are you currently playing?

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I'm trying to do an Insanity run on ME2, but it's very very challenging. I'm not going to lie, I keep dying. A lot. If you poke your head out of cover you just die. Since I'm also playing to get the file I want for ME3 I'm doing all recruitment and loyalty missions, so it's not at all easy. I'm very close to giving up and I've only just started it.

What class are you? I found that as Infiltrator most of the fights weren't too hard, mainly because with the cloak you could always just move around and find new cover. That said there were still parts where you basically had to smash your face against your keyboard and pray.

Lex

Administrator
Soldier, though I'm beginning to think that was a huge mistake! Hahaha.

I've never used Infiltrator before.

I also imported my previous level etc. and I've read that if you do that it's really difficult at first but gets easier? I dunno.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II - warning, fight report with TVTropes links incoming.

The battle: Valkenhayn vs Hazama; basically a Badass in a Nice Suit convention.

I was controlling Valkenhayn, and had managed to beat Hazama fairly averagely in the first round. In the second, round however, I could use the Astral Heat attack, and was determined to do so.

Then the dialogue...

V: "Never again you vile creature...! Shall we hear that laugh of yours!"

V: "Shall we begin? Allow me to show you... the power... of my race! Ignorant child."

ASTRAL FINISH!

Medal unlocked: Battle Butler.

Goddamn awesome.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I also imported my previous level etc. and I've read that if you do that it's really difficult at first but gets easier? I dunno.

Yeah, I think that's correct. And I find Soldier to be one of the hardest classes, I think I actually just gave up on it in the end and went back to my Infiltrator :monster:

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Im the only one I know out of my friends who uses the soldier class.
Then again I prefer just going in guns blazing as opposed to using tech/biotic skills XD

Lex

Administrator
Im the only one I know out of my friends who uses the soldier class.
Then again I prefer just going in guns blazing as opposed to using tech/biotic skills XD

This.

I think my strategy is quite weird, because I normally prefer to be stealthy (Deus Ex, Uncharted, any other game that has stealth as an option) so maybe I should consider Infiltrator.

Did you complete it on insanity? I've read in a few places that it's the best class to use if you quote: "Are prepared to keep Miranda with you at all times."

I've just finished Horizon. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But thank fuck for all the Firewalker missions, or I'd have nothing else to break up all the continuous dying.

Samantha Carter said:
Yeah, I think that's correct. And I find Soldier to be one of the hardest classes, I think I actually just gave up on it in the end and went back to my Infiltrator.

Do I have to start a new game to be Infiltrator? If so, fuck that. Although I'll be sure to do it on my next run, because I love Kasumi and her power rox ma sox.

I find Soldier really easy on any difficulty that isn't Insanity :S

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Kingdoms of Analur is a dumb game, imho. It's grind, the interactions with NPC's as well as the quests are generic and feel mass-produced, and the combat system isn't awesome enough to compensate.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Did you complete it on insanity? I've read in a few places that it's the best class to use if you quote: "Are prepared to keep Miranda with you at all times."

Infiltrator is the easiest class to beat Insanity with. Miranda's a decent character but you don't need her at all. If I have a choice I usually take Kasumi to clean up whatever the Widow doesn't kill, and either Grunt or Zaeed.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA

Yeah. You don't have to use Miranda all the time, although her and Jack were by far my favourite team and the one I used the most during my second playthrough. First playthrough I just used whoever I felt like at the time.

Do I have to start a new game to be Infiltrator?

Yeah, I believe you do >:

Lex

Administrator
Thankashun sexy Default Shephard, I shall bear that in mind.

And also you Sammy ^_^

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
The Firewalker DLC is a load of ballsack, imo. Tried it a couple days ago with my latest Shepard since I hadn't finished that one and the LotSB.

It's basically like your average Mako section in ME1, except in a corridor level design. They also took out the fun.

My last 2-3 playthroughs of ME2 have been on Insanity, mainly as Infiltrator and Vanguard. Vanguard is mad fun with biotic charge, but certain enemies don't really give way to anything other than Shockwave, so it is a tad difficult (although then again Tela Vasir becomes a pushover and a lot of the Collectors on the hovering platforms also become easy to ring-out, :monster:). Infiltrator is simply just a killing machine with a Widow. Absolute killing machine.

Honestly as long as you're playing to strengths and weaknesses for characters, you can use a fair number of combinations of squadmates. I do tend to stick with Garrus and Miranda, though, just because a shit-ton of enemies have a helluva lot of shields, and Warp and Concussion cover both Armor and Biotics. winrar.exe

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
was playing skyrim last night because i felt like i finally had some free time

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Don't listen to top. Amalur is fantastic. Be careful who you pickpocket, though...some woman won't give me a quest now because of that ;.;

On Mass Effect:
Infiltrator is my favorite class by far. I switched from normal to hardcore halfway through my first playthrough and found it to be challenging yet fun. Tactical cloak is what got me through the Shadow Broker final battle (shock!). Part of the issue is tgat enemies have one extra layer of protection on hardcore/insanity, and I took Jack and Thane - not smart. XD a more balanced party would have helped immensely - someine with disruptor ammo and someine with warp.

Soldier is a boring class to play, imo, and horrendous if you run out of ammo. Engineer is the class i started an insanity run on in me2, and have found only one actually hard fight thus far - horizon. (Somehow the collector ship wasnt that bad lolwat). But atm I left off doing loyalty missions and may not pick it up for a bit.

Me3's multiplayer makes me gunshy about sentinel, as I found it both ineffective and not fun to play.

Adept and vanguard seem like a bad idea for insanity, as enemies are more likely to have shields or armor than barriers, but you could probably compensate for this with your bonus power or squadmates (Garrus, etc). I lost my train of thought because posting from phone over like 20 minutes at work

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Adept all the way.

I use my weapons so rarely when playing an Adept. I just find it incredibly fun. My only other characters are Vanguard or Sentinel. I just rely on Biotic powers so much.

I am absolutely ADORING the changes to the weapon/power system for Mass Effect 3, like the fact that you choose what weapons you carry but the weight affects the rate at which your power recharges. I am literally carrying the lightest pistol for ME3 multiplayer and knocking out powers one after the other with almost no wait between animations. Only issue is that at the higher levels, the weapon needs to be used to get rid of their defenses. On bronze challenge however, I'm able to take off the pistol all-together and rely soley on dem powers. LOVE IT.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah for the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer I haven't quite hit the same groove with Sentinel as I did with Infiltrator and Engineer; I never really got a solid, effective playstyle.
I mean, Warp does nicely, Throw is an interesting concept but at the same time both of them are projectile abilities and they can be awkward mechanisms to break enemies from cover. Things like Overload and Cryo Blast do the job much better, so honestly there's not much to choose from as a Sentinel.

I tend to walk around just one-shotting enemies with a Claymore at point blank range, Tech Armor does allow Sentinels to run around moar without the fuss of taking cover. I guess that's pretty sweet. :awesome:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I started Uncharted: Golden Abyss - a little more than a third of the way through (Chapter 14 out of 35). It plays just like the regular Uncharted games, and looks just like you're playing it on a PS3. Very neat. It utilizes the Vita's touchscreens nicely.

The aiming system was a little difficult to get the swing of at first, but is actually really awesome once you do. You aim using L1, and move the joystick to line up the crosshair circle. But you can also move the actual Vita to line up the crosshair. Using the joystick and moving the Vita together is the way to go. It took me a couple chapters to figure that out.

There's treasures to find as always. Sometimes you find items that you have to clean off by rubbing the screen. Or make charcoal rubbings that way. There are puzzles where you rotate and put the pieces in place using the touch screen. And there was one puzzle so far that I had to hold the back of the Vita toward the light so Drake could see it. XD You also have to take certain pictures of things in the environment for Drake's journal, and so when you're in camera mode, you can zoom in on stuff and move the Vita around to change the view.

Some things like the movements and holding it up to the light you might be embarrassed to do in public :awesome:

As for the Vita itself, I thought it might be a bit of a learning curve or required amount of coordination to get used to using all the touchscreens and buttons and all of that shit seamlessly. But actually it was very easy to catch on and now I can do it without even thinking about it.

Tina Armstrong

Rockstar
AKA
Fackbito, RedGloves, Eileen Galvin, Saria, Lady Croft
Replaying Silent Hill 2. Amazing game. I'm so happy my PS2 still works after all these years.. c:

AvecAloes

Donator
Getting close to finishing the storyline of XIII-2 and closer to finishing Crisis Core. I imagine I'll have them both done by the end of this week, then I'll probably move on to AC:Brotherhood, or Dissidia, or FFV, or FFXIII, or some Kingdom Hearts game, or....

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I actually installed and played a bit of Anno 2070, like a boss :monster:. One thing the series never really got the hang of during its lifetime is easing the user into the game, i.e. provide a good tutorial and stuff.

Top Bottom