What games are you currently playing?

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
So I caved and bought Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn.

I got a good $10 deal on all the DLC to boot, so I'll be busy hacking away in that game for a while.

It's not bad if you've never seen the original shows the game is based on though.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Finished playing Arkham Asylum (I'd played it before on my bro's PS3 but it was free on PS Plus a while back so figured why not).

Reckon I'm gonna get the finger out and get back to Mass Effect 2 now. I've started to miss it this last week or so. Got waylaid by Kingdom Hearts and other games and just from playing it so quickly after the first one that I think I burned myself out of the series for a bit. But so help me I need some Tali in mah life :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Going through Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag for PS4 (it's already platinumed already for PS3). It's been a bit weird since the controls are somewhat different from AC Rogue (my latest platinum), but I'm getting back into it.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm still on Kerbal Space Program; on the one side, there's still a ton to do, but on the other, given that I've unlocked most of the science tree and can kinda hack the game to get the remaining stuff, there's kinda incentive missing. I should probably go back to Career mode, which gives me assignments to do for space monies, although I'd like to transfer my ship designs over too.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Just beat Kingdom Hearts again. When we were doing the Podcast, Lex was kind enough to inform me that I had to beat both the main quest and 2.55 of FF14 to even touch Heavensward so I'll be playing that again and doubling up my efforts to not suck.

Also been playing a lot of Record Keeper lately and in my spare time fooling around in GTA V. Probably gonna replay FF6 sometime soon.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Games I've been playing:

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition: Once I got down the grappling system in this game (and driving on the left side of the road instead of the right side) this was a really fun kung-fu flick and proves that cliches aren't always bad if they're set up right. You play as a cop trying to infiltrate the local gang. Let's just say that most of the conflicts aren't external, but internal... the fact that you can go back and replay all the story missions once you're uber-powerful is also fun...

Crypt of the Necrodancer: Rouge-like + rythem game + awesome soundtrack = game I can't stop playing!!!! Help! And the pixel graphics are great! And I've got the entire soundtrack stuck in my head and I can't stop typing to it's rythem...

This War of Mine: There are lots of war games about the people fighting in wars. There aren't that many about the people who were living there before the war broke out. This is a survival game that mostly involves getting supplies at night (when there's not any shelling going on outside) and crafting/managing resources during the day (when there's shelling going on outside). What makes this stand out is that the different characters all have various preferences that effect their mental state which can swing from content to suicidal depending on what happens. Different stats are randomly generated each time you start a new game, so there's plenty of reasons to replay it even if you do manage to survive until the end of the war.

Little Inferno: So I mostly got this because it was by the same people who made Wold of Goo. What's interesting about this game is that while it's clearly making a point about games like Farmville, it never really comes out and condemns those types of games. It's actually nice to see some subtlety on the subject for once...

Viscera Cleanup Detail: Remember all those aliens you killed during your last shoot-em-up? Well this game is about the person who has to clean up after you. What really shines in this game is all the clutter left lying around that tells the story of the sci-fi 'verse this is happening in. Clutter like random notes, quest entries, ray guns, alien artifacts, etc. It also features several scenarios that are based on several famous video game personalities and takes full advantage of it's space station setting (ever tried cleaning up blood/bodies in zero-gravity? it's not fun). Because of this game, I now cringe whenever I kill something really messily as that would mean another 5 minutes worth of viscera to cleanup in this game...

Contrast: Wonderful gem of an atmospheric platformer set in the 1920s told from the pov of a little girl. Much of the backstory is hidden in the environment and it's definetly worth finding all of it.

Final Fantasy VII: I've yet to get all the Steam achievements and I'm right after getting Cloud out of Mideel. So it's time to do all the optional stuff!

Last edited:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I've really been into The Elder Scrolls Online these past few days. It's so pretty and really fun, I might end up wasting my Sunday on this. :awesome:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Silent Hill. The fan reaction to Silent Hills cancelling reall raised my awareness that this is a series I need to get into. Couldn't get SH2 to work on the PC tho.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm kinda in the middle of stuff; bit of Prison Architect (obsessively last week), but once you're finished with the assignments and unlocked the tech tree it becomes kinda sameish, loses its challenge. It says it's inspired by Dwarf Fortress, but there's not nearly enough random events / emergent gameplay / hidden wtfery in there to compare it with that. Still, good game for its price, plus it's early access so who knows.

Also bought: Rage, which is basically Borderlands but without random weapons and the zany storyline. It looks pretty, but so far, not too engaging; the story is kinda thin (ohai vault dweller cryogenic doodar, here's a pistol, kill some bandits for us plz?), and I've no idea where it's going. I can see why it flopped tbf.

Valkyria Chronicles, played it for a minute or so... don't like it, bit of an awkward strategy game slash shooter in an anime story wrapping. But, I might be wrong; I'll have another look at it later.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 (demo) because... neerds. IDK, it's not very exciting and it gets repetitive, boring and unchallenging at your second drive. May need to have another look at some point. I really liked Hard Truck some 10-15 years ago though, same concept, bit less realism, and funky with skidding over icy roads and shit.

Oh and I finished the Witcher 2 the other day, the final boss is... kinda disappointing and it's a shame the game focuses on kinds and politics and shit (I thought he was a monster hunter?), starts where the first left off and ends where the 3rd begins, etc. Plus I had a fuckton of stuff hoarded which I had no practical purpose for anymore, as in, "Better hold onto this, I may need it", :monster:.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Pokemon Omega Ruby and X, trying to complete the collection and become the Taneleer Tivan of Pokemon. I'm gonna have some difficulty trading the uncatchables though.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Playing Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the first time ever.
Loving it so far, especially the change from day to night (and the subsequent occurrences), though I have been told I will come to hate much of existence when I reach a place called the Water Temple

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I've started playing Neverwinter.

By the time this night is over I'll be well on the path of doing irreparable damage to my social life.

But fuck it, D&D!

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Loving it so far, especially the change from day to night (and the subsequent occurrences), though I have been told I will come to hate much of existence when I reach a place called the Water Temple

It hadn't occurred to me that people hated the water temple so much when I was younger. If you're playing the 3DS version they've taken measures to deal with the stuff that was considered frustrating.

RedFFWolf

Donator

It hadn't occurred to me that people hated the water temple so much when I was younger. If you're playing the 3DS version they've taken measures to deal with the stuff that was considered frustrating.

Nah, I'm playing the Gamecube version on the Wii.
I wouldn't know the difference so, but I'm gonna have a look at the comparison afterwards when I get to that point - I wouldn't wanna have a look online just yet and "accidentally" cheat :shifty:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Apart from the Community Playthrough, I've also been playing FF6 and record keeper on my phone (FF6 is emulated from the SNES one, not that godawful graphical abomination of the mobile remake).

I've been playing a bit of Dark Souls and have gotten to the Undead Parish. It's challenging but far from impossible.

Oh, and this:
11822801_10155974030530235_8584521381263119944_n.jpg

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Replaying all the MGS prequel games before Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain releases. :monster:

Finished MGS3 a while ago, now playing Portable Ops. :P
Forgot how much of a pain in the ass recruiting people in this game is.

Starling

Pro Adventurer

Nah, I'm playing the Gamecube version on the Wii.
I wouldn't know the difference so, but I'm gonna have a look at the comparison afterwards when I get to that point - I wouldn't wanna have a look online just yet and "accidentally" cheat :shifty:

I'm not sure if they did anything to the water temple at that point but they may have done a few things with the keys since I think the original had an order that made it possible to get stuck. They'd also changed a particular symbol, track and the one instance of blood. The blood thing was kinda stupid and I wish they'd change it back.

Top Bottom