What games are you currently playing?

Starling

Pro Adventurer
To be fair to Alistair, he just lost all the family he had and has some insecurity issues about taking initiative and doing things on his own. It's probably why he wants to feel accepted by the Warden and sticks with you no matter how terrible a person you decide to be in that particular playthrough. The mage origin's fade section isn't too bad, at the very least.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm kinda floundering atm so, idk.

* Installed Furi, free on ps plus, I think there was a thread here. I like it, it's challenging, haven't gotten past the second boss yet. But the difficulty setting - for me at least - is on a level that it's like, "Fuck yeah I can do it, I just need to play better" instead of "fuck this is impossibru".
* did Paragon, but, meh. It's very confusing, probably not very suitable for console controls, and it's an over-the-shoulder MOBA and I never really did get into those, so, meh.
* Bought Starbound, it's basically Terraria but bigger (I think, I haven't gotten that far in Terraria / there's a lot there I haven't seen yet) and with a story / quests and the like; I am intrigue. But, don't get it if you didn't like Terraria.
* FFXIV still, but, letting my subscription expire in a few days unless moar people get on it again. I'm missing the social aspect, which is a common problem in most MMO's I play. That's probably just me / my fault though.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
I've been switching between a few game for the past month or so, mainly because I'm playing with my friends.

Either Dark Souls 3 or Halo 5, both Coop on Xbox One.
Overwatch and Warframe on the PC.
I recently downloaded Don't Starve together because a friend wanted me to try it out.

And as much as I should stop there the other game is Runescape... I just got my 8th 99, I think I should've stopped playing it long ago, but I haven't...

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Xillia 2. Enjoying it a lot. The loyalty missions seem to largely involve making my teammates depressed so they are forced to bond with me. Gameplay seems a lot easier.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Still playing Dragon Age Origins. I'm getting prepared for the Landsmeet.

Wanted to mention that the Redcliffe and Orzammar/Deep Roads storylines have both given me perfectly creepy feelings.
A village about to be wiped out by sudden hordes of undead and an empty silent castle that's creepy as fuck with the music playing? Yeah that counts. (I went to the gate of the castle before the night came; I swear I about peed myself with the music playing there at 11:30pm :wacky:)
Then questing after Branka in the Deep Roads was fun. Then I got the creepy feelings when I first heard Hespith talking in the corridors. There's that awesome moment when you suddenly get a 'oh this feels wrong' feeling in you as a story progresses. That's what I got starting here and it continued until I killed Branka. Ain't no way I was helping her out after the shit she did.

So far my favorite major quest is Orzammar's. Something about the Deep Roads just entranced me and I was loving every moment of it.
I think it has to do with the 'lost kingdom' story. I've always been fascinated about that stuff.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days... it's a lot more fun than I was expecting :monster:

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
Lightning Returns. Getting this far, I'm not sure why the XIII series gets so much flak. I will admit that XIII itself was kind of meh in many ways, but 2 made a lot of improvements gameplay-wise, and the story became more interesting to me too. But that's just me.

We had to call it quits at the end of day 1 when we started playing. At this stage you know
that the Etro worshipers are murdering women, and after they drop the dummy with the warning, we get a very pointed shot of Noel('s hand), so we understand that he's "the Shadow Hunter".
So the next morning I had a dream where I continued playing, got the numbers, made it to the ceremony and found him there murdering the next victim. Dream me was very upset. Awake me is equally unimpressed.

The fight with him felt... wrong. B would yell "XYZ spell is staggering him faster/doing the most damage!" followed by "What the hell am I saying?! Stop hitting him!".:lol:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Who did you make King of Orzammar Flare?

I totally missed this .__.

I went with Bhelen. At first it seemed Harrowmount had a nicer reputation, but people were saying he was for tradition, which means he's all for the Dwarven caste system, which sucks pretty bad, and Bhelen was more open with changing things up, ect. So I crowned him. :D I thought Bhelen's attitude wasn't the best, but eh, I think it works out.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Ohh I didn't even think to search for a Dragon Age thread! Awesome, I'll post there then <3

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Finished my playthrough of Pokemon Red. (In 26 hours exactly. Pretty good!) So now I'm getting back into my playthrough of Heartgold. Which I started a long time ago, got 7 badges, and then stopped. So trying to find my bearings there, because I'm 28 hours into that, don't have the time to restart it.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
There's this cartoon-style Transformers game for free on PS Plus atm, it's kinda neat. Think a fast-paced 3rd person action game with a pretty rad soundtrack. It's very ADHD though, each mission takes about three seconds or so. Not sure where they're aiming at there. Kinda makes one think they built the game, then decided to double the speed late in development.

Soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlAWUmcBo3c&list=PL_AjfGgaQtibK9u_nQvsrWTFiBVl8ATjg

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I loved the look of it when it was originally released. And was pretty excited when I saw it was the PS Plus deal. But what's with the lack of multiplayer? And I'm NEVER the one to ask for multiplayer in games, but a beat'em up like this begs for it - especially local which no one gets any more >_>

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Played a few hours of Rise of the Tomb Raider so far.

Really glued to it, it's shaping up to be better than the last game three years ago!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
So liek I finally shelled out for Destiny (got the whole package). So far, it's a pretty enjoyable game. I've probably mentioned how I didn't like FPSes on consoles. That hasn't changed, but, Destiny manages to make it work somehow, without it feeling like the game is helping me with auto-aim and shit.

It seems to get err, online shared world first-person shooter games right. I'm not going to call it an MMO, that requires one to be able to see (at least) dozens of other players in the same area, and 30+ person content, etc. It's not like Planetside either, which does manage to get hundreds of players on the same map / in the same area. Co-op FPS with strong RPG elements will do I guess.

Anyway they get it right beacause so far I've only done storyline quests which seem fleshed out enough and don't feel like the kill 10 rats of mumorpegers. They reuse environments for sidequests, but so far it's not annoying yet. I'm sure the endgame content is a big grind, but I probably won't be there for a long while yet. I hope.

edit: maybe not :monster:. Just did err,
the black garden[/url], and I think it may have been the end of the original game (pre-expansion)'s storyline? IDK. I'll play moar later on, I've been playing pretty much all day already. If true, that'd be a bit disappointing, and idk what endgame content is / was like yet.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Persona 2 is pretty much the only thing I have going.
It is, however, a VERY gradual undertaking, as the random encounter rate and dungeon design (even worse than 3 and 4) nearly destroys the game's playability imo. Which is a shame, because otherwise, it's a great game, with great boss battles, and of course very interesting characters with close attention paid to world building. When it comes to optional dialog, the game is so fleshed out that you'll pretty much never hear anything recycled from the characters. You figure about 6 new lines per character per dungeon, and those are optional lines alone, with NPCs lines being also very dynamic despite the large size of the setting.

So liek I finally shelled out for Destiny (got the whole package). So far, it's a pretty enjoyable game. I've probably mentioned how I didn't like FPSes on consoles. That hasn't changed, but, Destiny manages to make it work somehow, without it feeling like the game is helping me with auto-aim and shit.

It seems to get err, online shared world first-person shooter games right. I'm not going to call it an MMO, that requires one to be able to see (at least) dozens of other players in the same area, and 30+ person content, etc. It's not like Planetside either, which does manage to get hundreds of players on the same map / in the same area. Co-op FPS with strong RPG elements will do I guess.

Anyway they get it right beacause so far I've only done storyline quests which seem fleshed out enough and don't feel like the kill 10 rats of mumorpegers. They reuse environments for sidequests, but so far it's not annoying yet. I'm sure the endgame content is a big grind, but I probably won't be there for a long while yet. I hope.

edit: maybe not :monster:. Just did err,
the black garden[/url], and I think it may have been the end of the original game (pre-expansion)'s storyline? IDK. I'll play moar later on, I've been playing pretty much all day already. If true, that'd be a bit disappointing, and idk what endgame content is / was like yet.
The main story. The one I helped you with, is shit. The first and second. expansions, The Dark Below and House of Wolves, suck. The Dark Below reuses content and House of Wolves, is just plain boring. The third and fourth expansions. The Taken King and the one that just came out, The Iron Lords, are great. Almost no reused content. And they have much bigger focus on story.

You should have just used the Level 40 boost and started with The Taken King, really.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
I just got a pre-owned copy of Arkham Knight at GameStop at a 20% Birthday discount (Rewards members get such a coupon on the month of their birthday).

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I'm playing this cute little mobile game called Gardenscapes.

I love these little games that revolve around gardening. There used to be a good one on Facebook called Full Bloom, but they cancelled it and I've been disappointed ever since. :sadpanda:

Top Bottom