What games are you currently playing?

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I bought:

Steins;Gate Elite + Steins;Gate Linear Bounded Phenogram bundle
VA-11 Hall-A (Vallhalla)
West of Loathing

For about $45 bucks via the steam sale. I've realized this is pretty much the only time of the year that I buy and play games. They were on my wishlist for a while. I have been playing Vallhalla and it's a really great way to relax and disappear into something. It also has an amazing SMT-inspired soundtrack and a surprising amount of Seinfeld references. :P

I'm excited to play the Steins;Gate bundle because Elite is full of animated sequences, unlike the original, and Phenogram is all new content. West of Loathing is an inexpensive funny game that my roommate recommended to me.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I got The Sinking City for christmas, it's a pretty decent game; it has its flaws, combat is clunky, graphics are janky etc etc, but it's a compelling game and so far seems to do the source material justice, if only because so far it's avoided jump scares in favor of a constant feeling of unease and discomfort.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Just started Ni No Kuni: The Wrath of the White Witch. About to enter the paralell world and I'm charmed by the Ghibli animation and the overall setting.

Just can't get enough of Miyazaki, Joe Hisaishi or Ghibli, really, so maybe I'm a bit biased :monster:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Just started Ni No Kuni: The Wrath of the White Witch. About to enter the paralell world and I'm charmed by the Ghibli animation and the overall setting.

Just can't get enough of Miyazaki, Joe Hisaishi or Ghibli, really, so maybe I'm a bit biased :monster:
I never knew that about Ni No Kuni. I just bought it today after I read your post. I a big Ghibli fan! Even have some of their characters tattooed on my leg

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
I never knew that about Ni No Kuni. I just bought it today after I read your post. I a big Ghibli fan! Even have some of their characters tattooed on my leg

You will have a blast. It's like an interactive Ghibli movie, the gameplay is very enjoyable and progressive, and there are lots of things to do.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I've been playing FFVIII Remastered and while I liked it at the start, my opinion is rapidly souring. For one, this game is ugly. Distractingly so. The story is less appealing than I remember too; every scene feels like a couple lines have been cut in post, making the conversations seem unnatural. Finally, I like the idea of the Junction system, but the execution is leaving me cold--trying to do anything takes just long enough to make experimentation feel pointless.

I'll probably keep going (I beat VIII before), but I was hoping to really appreciate it this time around.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Speaking of motion sickness, I've been playing the ever-loving shit out of Skyrim VR lately. It's so good.

I'm fortunate in that I seem to be immune to motion sickness, cuz otherwise VR can be rough. :mon:

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
I finally built a PC to play games on Steam (my laptop blows for anything more resource intensive than flash games and my other desktop doesn't have HDMI out, so I can't connect it to anything decent), so I've been working my way through my backlog. Midway through Hitman: Absolution right now.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Back at FFVII to get the platinum and all that./

Got mine last night! :monster:

Now is...I dunno I have a lot of options. I should press on in Valkyria Chronicles 4. I got Titanfall 2 for free last month on PS+ and it seemed pretty cool. Persona 5, KH3.... I'd also like to try Outer Worlds.

Guess I have more time now :sigh:

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Pokemon Shield mostly. It's not bad, a bit disappointed that it's ultimately still the exact same game as it was on the GB almost 25 years ago but it does the job.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Just downloaded the Uncharteds. Good thing cause I absolutely BLASTED through Horizon. I’m already at the final dungeon, just doing sidequests now.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
Unfortunately, nothing but Sims 4. It's been a while since I've actually been able to get deep into a game and last year was pretty sad for releases I was interested in. This year, though...man, I'm not gonna have anything to complain about.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
It's fast and gory and fun but my god, does it make me barfy too.
Motion sickness sucks. =/
Speaking of motion sickness, I've been playing the ever-loving shit out of Skyrim VR lately. It's so good.
I'm fortunate in that I seem to be immune to motion sickness, cuz otherwise VR can be rough. :mon:

Actually I had motion sickness when I was playing Skyrim VR at first, but I managed to overcome it. It took some patience and discipline though.
When I started, I was feeling sick after less than 15 minutes. My method was to:
- first manage to get accustomed to VR so that I could play 15 minutes without getting sick, but stop at 15 minutes even if feeling fine.
- after 2-3 sessions where I felt fine after 15 minutes, gradually increase the playtime by small increments, and always get the discipline to stop at the appointed time (even when you're like "I'm fine, and I'm having fun!").
- Gradually 15 mins became 20, then 30, then 45, then 1 hour... and eventually I was able to play all day without side effect.

My personal learning is that the usual health advise of "taking a 10-15 minutes break for every 2 hours of playtime" that nobody cares about in regular video gaming is actually completely valid for playing VR.

tangerine

B ● A ● N ● A ● N ● A
AKA
Val
The Elder Scrolls Online has had me going for a number of years now. I've recently picked up Monster Hunter: World, too.

Reactions: Ite

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Are you talking Doom 2016, Tets, or the original Doom? And have you tried Brutal Doom (an epic mod for the original Doom, Doom II, and Final Doom)? It's like Doom on steroids. I'm playing it now (Doom II actually) and it's a blast. Started ages ago but decided to get back into it to take a break from all the creative FFVII stuff I've been working on lately. Normal Doom is tame compared to Brutal. Trust me, once you go Brutal, you never go back.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I'm currently getting everyone killed in 'The Last Autumn', the latest Frostpunk DLC.

Dear God this scenario is difficult. Cocaine pills for everyone! :wacky:

Top Bottom