What games are you currently playing?

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
i'm currently WATCHING someone play the Resident Evil 1 remaster because i am a horror fan but also a coward and do not have the guts to experience the thrills of being chased down by monsters. hope that counts!!!!!!!

This is how I experienced the whole RE saga and the Silent Hill games :p

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
So, Half-Life: Alyx released today, and holy fucking SHIT. This is setting a gold standard for VR, from the physics to environmental interaction, and more. I'm only about less than an hour in, if I were playing at normal speed. But I can't stop poking around at everything, so I'm at about 3 hours actual time.

I shook food flakes out for a pet grub (who hopped up all excited and munched away). I threw a bottle of wine at a pigeon. I daintily grabbed the tip of a telescoping antenna, and extended it. I picked up a soda can, then crushed it. I never knew a door knob could be so entertaining.

Also, the little Easter eggs are wildly entertaining. For example, I found a hard hat. I picked it up and tried to put it on. And I'm now wearing a hard hat!
I found a respirator. I picked it up and tried to put it on my face. And now I'm wearing a respirator!
I found a dead headcrab that I shot moments earlier. I picked it up and tried to put it on my head.

Unfortunately, you can not wear headcrabs as hats.

My disappointment knows no bounds, -2/10 hot garbage.

jk I'm loving this so friggin much

UPDATE: I can wear a BUCKET. HAHAHA. I can't see anything, but it's totally a wearable option

Last edited:

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer
Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition with the Crimson Court activated. Pretty far along, just working on beating the Brigand 16 Pounder in the Weald and the Baron in the Courtyard. I'm doing okay at managing the Crimson Curse, thankfully I built the Sanguine Vintners before exploring the Courtyard.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Playing ACNH on the side but my main game right now is Nioh 2. Very cool, takes some getting used to thanks to both the difficulty and the amount of different mechanics it has going on, but once you get a grasp of things it's a whole lot of fun.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Playing ACNH on the side but my main game right now is Nioh 2. Very cool, takes some getting used to thanks to both the difficulty and the amount of different mechanics it has going on, but once you get a grasp of things it's a whole lot of fun.
Starting listening to Nioh 2 ost last night. I'm gonna buy that game, but probably won't get to it till after the remake

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Starting listening to Nioh 2 ost last night. I'm gonna buy that game, but probably won't get to it till after the remake
I beat Nioh 2 last night, and the music was the biggest surprise. Some of the tracks are really damn good, and they play in appropriate moments.

The finale especially--the story wasn't much at first, but the ending is really satisfying for a loot driven action RPG. Obviously early, but it's my GOTY so far.

Reactions: LNK

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I beat Nioh 2 last night, and the music was the biggest surprise. Some of the tracks are really damn good, and they play in appropriate moments.

The finale especially--the story wasn't much at first, but the ending is really satisfying for a loot driven action RPG. Obviously early, but it's my GOTY so far.
I hadn't played the first one yet, but I heard this is supposed to be a prequel. Would it matter which one I play first?

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I hadn't played the first one yet, but I heard this is supposed to be a prequel. Would it matter which one I play first?
In a perfect world, I say play the first because A) it's really good on it's own, and B) the story in Nioh 2 has a lot of payoff if you played the first.

Realistically though, these games are crazy long and playing both back to back is a recipe for burnout. If you space them out, playing both is good. But most people don't play them for the story, so in that sense the second is better gameplay wise and you won't miss too much if you jump to it.

Reactions: LNK

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
In a perfect world, I say play the first because A) it's really good on it's own, and B) the story in Nioh 2 has a lot of payoff if you played the first.

Realistically though, these games are crazy long and playing both back to back is a recipe for burnout. If you space them out, playing both is good. But most people don't play them for the story, so in that sense the second is better gameplay wise and you won't miss too much if you jump to it.
I'm definitely not playing them back to back. I was just thinking for the continuity of the story.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Just got DOOM Eternal tonight and I'm loving it so far! Definitely keeps you on your toes, but it's a great experience. Rip and tear! Those new glory kills are just epic, especially with the Doomblade. I had a lot of fun with DOOM 2016 and this looks to be just as good. Seems like it'll be a hell of a ride! And yes, pun very much intended. :mon:

Back To Black

Pro Adventurer
Just got DOOM Eternal tonight and I'm loving it so far! Definitely keeps you on your toes, but it's a great experience. Rip and tear! Those new glory kills are just epic, especially with the Doomblade. I had a lot of fun with DOOM 2016 and this looks to be just as good. Seems like it'll be a hell of a ride! And yes, pun very much intended. :mon:
The memories....the feels.

Your post reminded me of this metal cover of the Doom Theme, I absolutely love the transition at the 2:25 mark.

Happy hunting.

As for me, I've been on a City Skylines kick since lock down. I find it therapeutic but in the end it really is just a traffic simulator with lipstick.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I really find myself attracted to pixel-art games. I've played tons over the years, and every now and again I like to try a new one. Today, I played through a game called "Katana Zero". Pixelated cyberpunk samurai assassin? Sign me the fuck up.

I blew through the game in a little over 5 hours. It is SUPER good. Great play style, writing, music, even the pixel animation was top-notch. Plus I get the feeling that I might have a different experience if I play through it again and select different dialogue options/act more murder-y, etc.

10/10. 5/7 with rice.

Relaya

Rookie Adventurer
I'm currently playing Chaos;Child. While I'd say the story itself is pretty good I just don't think I can bring myself to be a fan of the Visual Novel game genre. I'm hoping I actually finish it today so I can try to get another game in before VIIR arrives. Or maybe try Half-Life: Alyx in VR if I'm lucky.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I'm currently playing Chaos;Child. While I'd say the story itself is pretty good I just don't think I can bring myself to be a fan of the Visual Novel game genre. I'm hoping I actually finish it today so I can try to get another game in before VIIR arrives. Or maybe try Half-Life: Alyx in VR if I'm lucky.
If you're lucky...?

I have Alyx, and it is absolutely worthy of the hype. I tore through the game in 3 sessions (about 17 hours total, but I was crawling through it).

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Can anyone help me out with how to claim rewards points on the square enix store?

Relaya

Rookie Adventurer
If you're lucky...?

I have Alyx, and it is absolutely worthy of the hype. I tore through the game in 3 sessions (about 17 hours total, but I was crawling through it).

My housemate is the one with the VR equipment and hasn't had a chance to play Alyx yet. They've been so hyped about it for so long I'll let them enjoy until they offer/ they're finished. There's a lot I'd love to ask you but I'm trying to keep it as fresh an experience as possible. Really good to know that the game completely lives up to its reputation though! And I'm looking forward to maybe not suffering from motion sickness for once :faint:

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible

Are you a fan of the Science Adventure series (the animes at least)? I've been obsessed with Steins;Gate and related content for years. Semi-recently played S;G LPB for the first time. I've actually never played C;H, but I've had it downloaded and ready to go. I'm also interested in the Robotics;Notes VN and its sequel, since I thought the anime was fairly enjoyable.

Top Bottom