• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What games are you currently playing?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I just finished Outer Worlds. Loved the writing, especially all the data logs in the dungeons. Just brimming with character. I enjoyed multiple different combat styles, too — I wound up specializing as a sniper, because my main squadmates were Parvati with a big hammer (ride or die, cinnamon roll) and either Ellie with a quick draw pistol or Naomi with the Gatling gun. I was left wanting more, I’m definitely gonna be getting the sequel.

(I’m a bit miffed, tho, that the epilogue featured a male OC when I was a woman. Kind of soured it for me there.)

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Gotta post in this thread more often.

After completing an All Fort Condor Battles playthrough of FFVII, I moved onto Mass Effect 1 from the recent Legendary Edition collection. It was not great. Combat lacked juice and the story was a bore. However, I expected this. I played through the the game in preparation for Mass Effect 2, which I know is better. I'll tackle 2 sometime next year.

Next up, No More Heroes III. Loved it. Best game in the series yet, in my opinion. Finally, a No More Heroes game with a semblance of a combat system. It's pretty basic, but feels great. Plus the story greatly benefitted from having a memorable, persistent villain. Happy with how it ended too. Welcome back and sayonara, Travis Touchdown.

Then, Banjo-Kazooie. Promised one of my best buds I would play this, it's his favorite game. Had an alright time. The game is a lot more technical and open than Spyro. By the end I was getting exhausted by the larger worlds. Probably my favorite part was the pop quiz board game before the final boss though. At least it made me use my brain in a way that no ever game has done yet. Spent hours dying before I could pass. Having to remember trivia from your playthrough, like how many enemy types are in a certain world, is an interesting challenge and would only work in a silly game like Banjo-Kazooie.

Now I'm onto Pokemon Crystal. Haven't played it in close to 20 years, but I did complete the Pokedex back then. It's wild how the game's clock works. You can participate in a bug catching competition every real-world Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday! I had to get up early to catch a Pokemon that only appears in the morning! There's a nightly trivia show you can tune into with your radio! Other trainers will call you to let you know about a swarm of Pokemon that just flew in for the day. The list goes on. I seriously can't get over how alive this Gameboy Color game is. Just incredible.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
So many great memories. Silver was my first, I remember being amazed by unlocking another whole region after thinking I had cleared the game. I played around the time the Lugia movie was around, so I was all hyped to catch him.

The music still resonates with me. National Park, Eucreak City, Lake of Rage, specially, are timeless.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
I remember this unofficial pokemon magazine you could get at our local corner shop did a poster of all the new pokemon in G/S when they dropped in Japan, with their Japanese names, and I had it on the wall by my bed. Yellow was my first video game ever, and the idea that there was going to be ANOTHER one with NEW pokemon properly blew my mind at the time. It's really sad how many people lost their old save files with the internal battery issue though. I still have my original yellow cartridge with my original save file from when I was 10, it would be amazing to still have that with Silver...

Mind you a girl I didn't like took my silver cartridge off me during a school trip and then left it on the coach and I never got it back so the internal battery issue was a moot point there lol. Yes I am still bitter 17 years later...

D

Deleted member 13557

I’m going to be playing Xenoblade Chronicles tomorrow. Finally bought a Switch!

My microSD isn’t gonna be coming until next week though. Will save data automatically transfer over or will I be risking losing it?

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
My microSD isn’t gonna be coming until next week though. Will save data automatically transfer over or will I be risking losing it?

Save data can only be stored on the Switch's internal memory. Just found out about this myself! From their website: "Where is game save data stored? On Nintendo Switch, game save data is stored on the console's System Memory. This will not change whether downloadable software or software from a game card is being played. Game save data cannot be saved or copied to a microSD card."

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Star Wars Squadrons. Honestly a very good game. I was a bit surprised.

I’m delighted with Squadrons. You can tell that someone did the groundwork to create loot boxes and micros, like, the scaffolding is all there, but somehow they cut that crap out before launch. The story and characters are good, and there’s no sub — it’s like I actually bought a game that I can dust off when my friends wanna play w me.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Holy shit.

Just finished playing through FFV Advance. Beat Omega, Shinryu and the final boss.

Then did the Advance exclusive Sealed Temple and overcame Omega Mark 2 and Neo-Shinryu. Still have Enuo to beat up but given who I just beat, I'm pretty positive I'll smash his face to pieces :monster:

Just wow. I almost forgot how challenging and satisfying this iteration of FFV was. Honestly, I think FFV is the most fun of all the classic FFs, just in terms of it's Job system, combining different abilities, utilizing Mixes and then just overcoming end game superbosses with unique and different strategies. I literally took down Neo Shinryu at just level 45 utilizing Mix, abilities, and just perserverence.

There's a reason why of all the classic FFs, this is the one I've come back to play the most. I almost forgot just how tough it was but it's still so so satisfying. I love this game a lot. :monster:

I'll be revisiting FFVI Advance next. I have only played through that one once so I'm sure I'm gonna have lots of surprises to re-experience again.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Played Solasta: Crown of the Magister this summer. Pretty solid gameplay that emulates a DnD pen and paper game. The story is pretty simple, but the game itself is *cheffkiss*

Playing now Pathfinder: Kingmaker. I'm on a RPG string XDDDD

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
I'm playing The Great Ace Attorney at the moment, am on the second case of the second game and having such a good time haha. The gameplay sometimes doesn't feel that challenging compared to the old games, but the story has me genuinely intrigued and seeing a modern Japanese interpretation of anime style Victorian London is great fun.

Plus Herlock fucking Sholmes of course.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I've started playing Far Cry 6 last weekend, and have just finished the first major region of the world map. So far the game is a big step up from FC5, and I think the player character, Dani Rojas, is the main reason for this improvement. It's nice to play as a proper character with her own personality, instead of a practically faceless, silent doll like in FC5. Now, with Dani, we can even get charming little touches to her personality, like how she'll periodically sing along to the songs over the radio as she's driving.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Virtue's Last Reward, via Youtube. A bunch of alternate timelines, and a lot of opportunities for shipping. I expect the fanfic community for this one is going to be large.

Top Bottom