What happened to Tifa?

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
In the fight between Loz and Tifa, Loz penetrates her with his Dual Hound, shocks her and she falls over, right?

Well I can't get my head around what's actually going on when Tifa lets down her guard.

FrontDualHound.jpg

He's about to stab her in the stomach here but after a white flash we then see..
BackDualHound.jpg

The Dual Hound is now behind her (remember Marlene was behind her) except it's still in the same direction as when it was at her front with the exception that the prong things have extended.

So what just happened? He couldn't have actually stabbed her because there's no blood and unless his whole arm passed right through her I just can't process it.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Dual Hound is a blunt force weapon. The pointy bits are contact points, not stabbing ones.
Loz electrocuted her while using his speed, mass, and strength, to fling her into the pillar behind.

In short, it's behind where she was, not where she is then.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah, Tifa was flying through the air at that point so she wasn't still standing where we had just seen her. lol

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
So they just showed it in a non-continuous order ie, Loz hits, after loz hits and then Tifa hitting the pillar as a result, as opposed the last two being shown the other way round.

Alright then. Thanks.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
It's just bad scene composition.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
So they just showed it in a non-continuous order ie, Loz hits, after loz hits and then Tifa hitting the pillar as a result, as opposed the last two being shown the other way round.

Alright then. Thanks.

Yes. Essentially, they reran different angles of the same timeframe.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
No. He hits her, knocks her back, we look at the aftermath at his end before cutting to her hitting the pillar.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I don't really think that any screenshots will explain it. Tifa was thrown through the air at that moment. She was in the air when we see the shot of the Dual Hound. She had been pushed by it. :/

Smaddy

Green Mage
The only thing that could help is putting the screenshots in proper chonological order.

I had a slight problem following what was going on during the whole conversation with Cloud & Tifa with the Turks in the room, because there's switching back and forth. That was only on the first view though...

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The scene with Cloud, Tifa, Reno and Rude sandwiching the Battle in the Forgotten City is a little strange, but I was never confused as to what was going on, just why they did that. (It's mostly to directly relate what happened to what Vincent had just said to Cloud.

But why does Tifa fall forward? Or isn't she falling forward? It looks like it...

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Fall forward? Do you mean her bending over when the Hound hits her, or falling forward after hitting the pillar?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The composition of the scene can be confusing if you don't notice that Tifa was knocked into the pillar after Loz shocked her. Otherwise, you end up thinking that when he shocked her in the abdomen, it made her lurch forward.

This is how it goes down: Loz shocks her, she slams backward into the pillar, falls forward, and then Loz pushes her back into the pillar. That's it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Oh, okay I get it, I never did realize she hit the pillar...You see Loz behind her the Dual Hound shuts, and she falls forward. I just kinda figured he had hit her in the back and sped around her to peg her to the pillar...

EDIT: There, just saw that she bounces off the pillar...sorry, never noticed it before.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Tifa bouncing off the pillar was the first thing I noticed when I watched that scene all those years ago when AC first came out. lol

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
The way I saw it is Loz shocks Tifa in the back, then probably went speed mode as he has her against the pillar. His claw thing exhausts and tazed her in the abdomen.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I always thought she was shocked in the back too....

... ok look at that she does hit the pillar
tifa.gif

and NOW fast :D
tifafast.gif

I should put that in the Tifa bashing thread at CxA :monster:

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Just for people who don't really know what Dual Hound or a pile bunker is, as Ryushikaze mentioned, it's a blunt force weapon.

Pile bunkers are basically wrist-mounted jackhammers. They're usually shields or gloves fitted with a mechanism that drives forward a hammer. The strike of the hammer is combined with the momentum of a punch to deliver an even more powerful attack. Like a mechanical battering ram.

Top Bottom