What is a movie you think that needs to be made that isn't already a movie franchise?

Ghost X

If the thread title doesn't make sense, what I'm after specifically is a movie based on a book, comic, video game, real life event, etc, which hasn't already been done. Your reasons why are also most encouraged.

Might do a separate thread for "What movies do you think should be remade/rebooted with the same or alternate story beats, and why?" at some point. Not really after that here.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Even if we know that the fandom might turn into a cesspool? :monster:

Okay, here are my suggestions:

A franchise of The Amber Chronicles from Roger Zelazny. The first saga of five books is very good and enjoyable. It joins magic, parallel universes, and a large family of step brothers and sister, all children of Oberon, King of Amber, who died without naming a successor. Lots of backstabbing and plotting and plot twists.

A movie consisting on the antology of short stories from The King in Yellow, from Robert W Chambers. Victorian horror. That's enough.

Last edited:
The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. I used to be obsessed with those books.

I am a big fan of a completely forgotten writer called Madeline Gal aka Madeline Henrey. She was born into a desperately impoverished Parisian family at end of the 19th century. Eventually she trained as a beautician, moved to London, got a job as a manicurist at the Savoy Hotel, met the handsome scion of a minor English aristocratic family, married him and lived happily ever after. She became a journalist writing in English, and wrote several volumes of biography, stuffed full of wonderful anecdotes and vivid descriptions of eccentric characters, that are absolutely fascinating. They would make a fantastic period drama.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series. I really like that they took ancient Gods, Goddesses, beasts, etc from different cultures. It makes me think of what would happen if Final Fantasy stories were in book form.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Journey to the West

Yes, I know there have been movies made about it, but by now they're really old. Modern CGI would be crazy good giving all the shenanigans that happen

Although it would probably work better as an anime adaption though given what goes on in it. Because trying to do anime tropes anywhere else would be weird... and Journey to the West was doing anime tropes before anyone knew they were a thing.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Although it would probably work better as an anime adaption though given what goes on in it.

6Csjl0G.jpg

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I definetly knew what would be brought up as I was typing that out.

I probably should have clarified that as a faithful anime adaption... and even that would have anime nonsense like "Sun Wu Kong is immortal three times over before the actual story properly starts" in it...

Top Bottom