• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What is the most thought-provoking game you've ever played?

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
What is the (single) deepest/most meaningful/most thought-provoking game you've ever played? Please discuss. :monster: And recommend!

For me, it has to be Braid. A nice, short walk through the park of mindfuckery, with lovely music. And
the Princess is da Bomb! :awesome: In more ways than one. The atom bomb, I think...

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Silent Hill 2.

That shit is deep man.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Xenosaga. Just the first game since I couldn't be assed to play the others.
Come on, it even has a symbolism bibliography thing. :awesome:

null.

Pro Adventurer
The MGS series does have some serious philosophical undercurrents. Whether they're ambitious to the point that it hurts other aspects of the story is debatable, I suppose.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
MGS kind of crosses the line from 'thought-provoking' to 'just handing you its thoughts through characters' dialogue'.

Or in the case of MGS2, 'might possibly be thought-provoking if you take the right combination of drugs'.

I still liked it, though :monster:

muchmoxie

slow down, you crazy child
AKA
kimmyowns, Oxydox
I never really thought Sons of Liberty (if we're talking about the same one) was thought-provoking. Just annoyingly "OMGZ HERE'S ANOTHA SECRET WE'LL THROW AT U!". Still a very good game, though.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

The only thought I had while playing that, is "Why won't Rose shut the fuck up?".
=/

I think the other games are a lot more meaningful than two, as much as I love it. :) For obvious fangirl reasons. :awesome: Plus, it was fun.

muchmoxie

slow down, you crazy child
AKA
kimmyowns, Oxydox
The only thought I had while playing that, is "Why won't Rose shut the fuck up?".
=/

I really didn't like her a whole lot, I don't know why. And I remember being all wtf with playing as Raiden at first. I'm a Snake fangirl.:awesome:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
You didn't like her because she heckled you the entire goddamn game like a crazy fangirl.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
I thought Indigo Prophecy was phenomenal for the first half of the game. But, it got really shitty afterward.

I am looking forward to Heavy Rain tho (Developed by the same studio as IP). Hopefully it'll be better without the paranormal shit that was in Indigo Prophecy.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
hiimdaisy comics taught me everything I need to know about Rose.
mgs2comic4.jpg

ForceStealer

Double Growth

THIS. For God's sake woman I'm on a %&$*ing mission of national importance, do I really need you rambling on and on about how I met you?

Anyway, on topic, Shadow of the Colossus really got me thinking a lot.
It really got me to start thinking "Why am I doing this?" Many of the Colossi are rather peaceful until you screw with'em. And despite the intense battles, I never felt happy when I killed one, I felt bad for it. Which was largely a cause of that music...
I thought the game overall could have handled storytelling better, but that part of it was fantastic, it evoked emotions I'd never felt while played a video game.

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I really didn't like her a whole lot, I don't know why. And I remember being all wtf with playing as Raiden at first. I'm a Snake fangirl.

I liked making Raiden be mean to her. (Ah, the power of R1/R2) At least in his thoughts. I was like wtf too, but Raiden is definitely one of my favorites, and that happened pretty quickly so I didn't mind playing as him. Snake was still in the game, so I don't know why people get so upset over that. Like, some people say it's the worst game ever because OMG you have to play as...

ANOTHER CHARACTER1111.1!1.

LOL NIN. So true.

Rose: Do u know what day it is? :D

Raiden: Nope.

Rose: OMG HOW BOUT NOW? =D

Raiden: Er... No.

Rose: .... NOW? :excited:

Top Bottom