What is the Point of the Jenova Robot in front of It's Tank?

clowd

Pro Adventurer
will-howorth-jenova1.jpg

Does it have any purpose?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
It's to suck up and filter mako. :monster:

And as shown in the FFVII Remake, apparently that's part of what's used to keep Jenova healthy and happy; a steady supply of mako energy.
The CC Word guide suggests this reason too...
Jenova Doll

A metallic likeness of Jenova that was placed in front of her at the Nibel Mako Reactor, which Sephiroth destroys during the game. The details of how it functioned are unknown, but it is assumed that it helped to process and filter the sucked-up Lifestream.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
In-universe, it's serving some sort of function within the reactor for passing energy to Jenova, as well as hiding her true form from anyone who happens to actually see inside the inner chamber.

From a design standpoint, there're some intentional parallels to the religious mythology that FFVII uses as a framework, with the angelic appearances foreshadowing things on the final forms that Sephiroth takes.

X :neo:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It's to suck up and filter mako. :monster:

And as shown in the FFVII Remake, apparently that's part of what's used to keep Jenova healthy and happy; a steady supply of mako energy.
In-universe, it's serving some sort of function within the reactor for passing energy to Jenova ...

I agree. It seems that the Jenova snippet from the box for Rufus's Play Arts Kai figure was on point about Jenova attempting to absorb the planet's energy:

06tCvL5.jpg

silv3rbakk

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Cloud
Was this statue visible in FF7R? I don’t recall it even during flashback scenes. Does anyone know? I really liked the way it looked in the original FF7. Was it in FF7R does anyone know? Any pics or images would be great!

waw

Pro Adventurer
it's serving some sort of function within the reactor for passing energy to Jenova
But why did Jenova need Mako?

SOLDIERs get infused with Mako and Jenova Cells. So why give her/it anything? I had never thought about this before.

waw

Pro Adventurer
I guess everything needs to eat. Just struck me as odd that this thing that was frozen in ice for 2000 years needs to eat.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
It's a creature who's sole job is to feed off the essence of the lifestream. Mako is the lifestream so slurpy cup anyone?

Top Bottom