• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What location are you most looking forward to?

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Let's assume, for the sake of more varied discussion, that most people will choose Midgar. If that is the case for you, please provide your second choice.

For me, even above Midgar, it is Nibelheim. This may be an unpopular opinion, perhaps, but I consider it to be by far the most atmospheric location in the original game. As soon as you enter the town, even before talking to anyone else, you just know that something is wrong. The music, the lighting, the crazy people muttering to themselves in the corners of houses with no one seeming to notice them....it all renders the town this unsettling feeling.

Oh, and the creepy giant mansion with the killer pumpkins. Can't forget the creepy giant mansion with the killer pumpkins.

DIE DORKY FACE DIE

I can't wait to see this place rendered with modern hardware. Even moreso than Midgar, I feel, this is the one area in the game that is the most dependent on its atmosphere. It's JRPG Silent Hill.

So what say the rest of you?

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
That's a tough call, I'm quite nuts about FF7 environments. I'm probably less curious about Midgar than other locations, because I've already seen many HD renditions of Midgar (AC, remake trailers, or even our work at Team Avalanche). Nibelheim and the Nibel mountains were of great interest to me, as a matter of fact I had begun working on these environments right before the remake was announced (the announcement made me drop the project).
If I had to pick one location, however... I'll make an odd choice: the Whirlwind Maze. My reasons are that first, this is a place which is "outside the normal world". Second, I think it can be a location which would greatly benefit from the new rendering technologies we have now, to create a variety of supernatural effects. Following these ideas, other places like the Forgotten City or "Inside Cloud's mind" are of great interest to me as well.

Coral valley because its going to look insane in high def and 3d. Also most memorial part of the story for me. Nibelheim of course because of the mansion

I can't choose. The more I think the more I can't choose - and luckily, I don't have to, because they're going to remake them all!!

Okay, maybe Cosmo Canyon?

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
The Gi cave. Want it to be scary as shit. River of blood and all. Especially when it leads to the only thing in history that makes shed a tear.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Gold Saucer - I want to know if they'll still retain that whole popcorn, candyfloss. pee and vomit vibe that the original has.

Or maybe that says more about the kind of leisure resorts I've been to :monster:

Also Mythril mines, they should look awesome. And Junon - imagine being able to see Junon at different times of day.

And Wutai - Dunno how they're going to pull off the Da Chao monument/statue but it should be fun.

This topic is too hard!

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
There's a thought. How are they going to do rocket town.... After the rocket launch. As it shouldn't still be there.

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
Forgotten Capital and Gold Saucer for the spectacle. Temple of the Ancients and Great Glacier to see how they'll work it in.

I also think how the settlement under Junon and the Corel Prison will be handled will be interesting to see. The same for Midgar too, it's very easy to forget about the massive structure and the world above these places with the camera always pointing downward in the original.

Aeristh

Rookie Adventurer
Oh, what an awesome topic!
For me, maybe Cosmo Canyon and the Gi Cave. I'd like to see the Forgotten City as well. I know we kinda saw it in AC, but I wanna see the classic scenes take place there.

Aeristh

Rookie Adventurer
I forgot to add the Chocobo track! I really, really want to see that. I hope it doesn't get remade into a typical horse derby.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
I'm particularly interested in exploring parts of Midgar we haven't seen. For instance, Sectors 2 and 3 were not visited at all during the original game, and Sector 8, the Reactor bombings, and the Shinra Building were really the only times we've been above the Plate.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
The Gi cave. Want it to be scary as shit. River of blood and all. Especially when it leads to the only thing in history that makes shed a tear.

I was going to say Wutai but I like this answer.

I also want to see the Gold Saucer and how they go about some of the rides and games and what not. I bet they'll make a lot of new arcade games and the battle arena will probably rock as well.

Also I do like the Wutai sidequest with no materia even though most people don't. I understand why but I'm looking forward to visiting there for that purpose alone.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
Predominantly, I'm very excited about the world map. I pray they take the open world route with the map. Even if towns load seperate areas having a big sprawling space to explore and admire is one of my favorite things to do in games. I can't imagine the world wouldn't look anything less than stunning.

Town-wise, I'm a lot more interested in Rocket Town than I thought I would be :monster: But mostly I'm hoping they change it a bit. I always felt like it should look more obvious that Rocket Town only existed for literally less than a decade. Perhaps make the buildings look more... haphazard? Or mismatched? Not necessarily junky, but put together fast and more focus on function over form. And maybe a little bit further away from the bigass rocket so I can believe the town is still there after the rocket launches.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'm excited to see these four especially, in no particular order;

The Northern Cave - Thinking of the final dungeon with all the fascinating 'rooms' in it.
Forgotten Capital - I hope the expand this more, it's a very alien city.
Icicle Inn - Also hope they expand this to be a full-blown village. I love snowy places.
Cosmo Canyon - I imagine this city will look gorgeous with the canyon surroundings and the colors within, especially during sunset (not sure if there'll be a day/night cycle here?)

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Maybe I'm just a perv, but I really wanna see the Honey Bee Inn (and Wall Market in general).

And Wutai, because Wutai is awesome.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Definitely Cosmo Canyon and Nibelheim. People are right, this is a hard topic. :monster:

I just want to see them all.

Lex

Administrator
Forgotten Capital beats them all for me. I'm so curious to see what they're going to do with it.

RedFFWolf

Donator
This thread brings all the warm fuzzies ^_^ - gets ya real excited for it all!
I could list some places, but eventually my answer would become redundant :P [saying every place does NOT answer the question, Red!!]

However, I do want to echo Mayo's mention of Cloud's Subconscious. I'd love to see how it would appear among the overall style and appearance as seen in the trailers so far [especially as I've barely played a game with these styles of graphics anyway].

It's good to remember that FFVII gave us underwater and space as locations too, so we're in for a very diverse visual treat with this remake.

I'm excited to see these four especially, in no particular order;

The Northern Cave - Thinking of the final dungeon with all the fascinating 'rooms' in it.
Forgotten Capital - I hope the expand this more, it's a very alien city.
Icicle Inn - Also hope they expand this to be a full-blown village. I love snowy places.
Cosmo Canyon - I imagine this city will look gorgeous with the canyon surroundings and the colors within, especially during sunset (not sure if there'll be a day/night cycle here?)

I was going to mention a night/day cycle. This would be FANTASTIC! Also, it would probably change our views on certain areas, our answers in this thread alone. Some places would probably come alive at different times, changing the atmosphere etc. - Wall Market real shady in the night, for example, maybe giving a bit of a tense atmosphere and whatnot [pickpockets a' roamin'].

Gold Saucer - I want to know if they'll still retain that whole popcorn, candyfloss. pee and vomit vibe that the original has.

Or maybe that says more about the kind of leisure resorts I've been to :monster:

Butlins?? The one in Ireland, a 15 min. drive from where I live, used to be that place - one where you just can't get enough of! I mean, something about Dio suggests he won't stand for that kind of mess, but it's too big a place to handle, so there is much hope for that vibe yet :D

Last edited:

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Definitely Cosmo Canyon...the weird but lovable commune/cult vibe, all the crazy ladders you climb to get to places, random propellers at the top of the town. Also, Bugenhagen's "Planetarium" room...would love to see that whole 'lifestream' explanation in modern graphics. I remember when the game first came out, playing through that sequence, a friend of mine who was at the time raised a devout Christian and is now more or less an atheist, was watching over my shoulder. He got upset at what is essentially a variation on Buddhist principles, yelling out "What??! That's not right! That's not what a soul is! That's not what happens when you die!!"

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
I've gotta go with Cosmo Canyon. It's a gorgeous location. It reminds me very much of the American southwest which, IMO, is so beautiful. Combine the scenic locale with an fully orchestrated version of the Cosmo Canyon theme and I think this this part of the game will be one that we'll never soon forget.

Top Bottom