What premise would you love to see in a future Final Fantasy title?

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
In this unexpected long running franchise-referencing the fact it was supposed be Square's swan song, there have been many great stories that have been told and characters to explore. However, I was thinking what premise could Square do in the future. One premise I was thinking could be good is the opposite of FFX, which instead of a religious institution being seen as the bad guy it is instead supressed and banned by the government, which has ulterior motives.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I'd like to see them trade off with Persona, and vice versa: Have a Final Fantasy with a truely urban world again, and Persona try applying their mythology to a less modern world. FFXV is "Modern" but it spends too much time out in rural areas to really feel 'that' modern, and apparently the time spent in cities is very short.

Specifically, I'd love it if they revisited the idea of a Noir inspired city setting like they had planned for VII.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I'd like to see them trade off with Persona, and vice versa: Have a Final Fantasy with a truely urban world again, and Persona try applying their mythology to a less modern world. FFXV is "Modern" but it spends too much time out in rural areas to really feel 'that' modern, and apparently the time spent in cities is very short.

Specifically, I'd love it if they revisited the idea of a Noir inspired city setting like they had planned for VII.

A noir setting would be awesome. The main character as a detective would be interesting.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Full-on Steampunk, with the setting mostly on airships. Fleets instead of towns, and they move. Jules Verne inspired aesthetic, clocks and steam. Basically FFVI-2 set 100 years later.

The world map is the navigation pane on your ship’s bridge. It shows where all your allied fleets currently are plus the land-based stationary locations (dungeons and a few old cities). You get your ship (and the world map) early in the game but you discover fleets as you explore, only able to track them on your world map if you “ally” with them. You navigate the world map just like flying a ship in FF6-9, with a fast-travel feature to avoid random encounters (flying enemies galore!)

The main story leads you to discover and ally with several fleets and there are others you’ll bump into that you can ally with via side quests. Each optional fleet (town) has unique resources for your characters (so, say, you can only buy the Holy spell from the Gnarn fleet) and maybe a secret character or summon! Be warned, though, allying with some fleets prevent you from allying with their enemies, so be mindful of which friends you make, kupo!

...Obviously, it’s a tale of war and intrigue, with magic playing no small role, with the main story taking 40+ hours to complete with a colorful cast of controllable characters that you assemble into a party which you use to fight turn-based or ATB battles.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Full-on Steampunk, with the setting mostly on airships. Fleets instead of towns, and they move. Jules Verne inspired aesthetic, clocks and steam. Basically FFVI-2 set 100 years later.

The world map is the navigation pane on your ship’s bridge. It shows where all your allied fleets currently are plus the land-based stationary locations (dungeons and a few old cities). You get your ship (and the world map) early in the game but you discover fleets as you explore, only able to track them on your world map if you “ally” with them. You navigate the world map just like flying a ship in FF6-9, with a fast-travel feature to avoid random encounters (flying enemies galore!)

The main story leads you to discover and ally with several fleets and there are others you’ll bump into that you can ally with via side quests. Each optional fleet (town) has unique resources for your characters (so, say, you can only buy the Holy spell from the Gnarn fleet) and maybe a secret character or summon! Be warned, though, allying with some fleets prevent you from allying with their enemies, so be mindful of which friends you make, kupo!

...Obviously, it’s a tale of war and intrigue, with magic playing no small role, with the main story taking 40+ hours to complete with a colorful cast of controllable characters that you assemble into a party which you use to fight turn-based or ATB battles.

I love this idea.

Ghost X

In no specific order:

1. Final Fantasy... in spaaace.
2. Minecraft-like Final Fantasy without the cube aesthetic. Just a procedurally generated world that can potentially be completely destroyed for materials and crafting, with a not-so-necessarily linear story line, etc.
3. Final Fantasy as directed by Hideo Kojima. Tactical espionage RPG :P. "Metal Gear Mythril Magitek Armour?!" <-- Okay, this one first.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Hmmm....If I'd want something for a future Final Fantasy premise, and while I love FFVII and whatnot, I think a return of actual mythical, olden and more magical storyline and only the use of Airships as the highest technology. Like say, something similar to FFIX and the very first Final Fantasy game, only without time-travel and space travel.

For example, the use of the world within like FFVII but without modern day cities.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hmmm....If I'd want something for a future Final Fantasy premise, and while I love FFVII and whatnot, I think a return of actual mythical, olden and more magical storyline and only the use of Airships as the highest technology. Like say, something similar to FFIX and the very first Final Fantasy game, only without time-travel and space travel.

For example, the use of the world within like FFVII but without modern day cities.

What do you think would make it a little bit different?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Well, the recent Final Fantasy games these days-the main ones I mean-apart from FFXIV had been more modern lately. If you know what I mean. I think it's time for Square to return their games to the more non-modern themes to their games. Like no cars or TV for example.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Well, the recent Final Fantasy games these days-the main ones I mean-apart from FFXIV had been more modern lately. If you know what I mean. I think it's time for Square to return their games to the more non-modern themes to their games. Like no cars or TV for example.

Maybe they could have a more Victorian theme for one of their games. I mean Victorian era means Steam Punk shenanigans.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
FFVIII-II :closedmonster:

I'll see myself out.

I'd call FFVIII remake first.
I want the FF7 remake to be good but if it's being split over 3 games I have no hope for it.
A one game remake of FFVIII however... *dreams*

tumblr_n6bppkJkZE1qcrw61o2_500.png

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Yeah, it's like I had that hopeless dream of a remake of Before Crisis Final Fantasy VII and a sequel to Dirge of Cerberus for years up until Nomura finally revealed the truth that should've been told ten years ago after the semi-remake of Advent Children(still the same movie and everything with most of the voice actors reprising their roles for new added scenes-like the Final Mixed versions of the first two Kingdom Hearts games) was released instead of lying to us that there'd be more content for the series and I don't mean just the Remake or the now shut down G-Bike that was never released outside Japan due to technical problems.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
It would love a Final Fantasy story where you have an old woman as a party member.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Unattainable dream? Sounds like FF7R.

As my friend said about KHIII: “I will believe it when I have the disc in my hand.” He said it ten years ago and said it again at E3 this year. We don’t even use physical discs anymore! XD

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Yeah, like how Nintendo went back to not using discs for their home consoles anymore with Switch 'cause back in the 64 era, it was no discs up 'till Gamecube right up to Wii as far as I can remember...or was it Wii-U that was the last Nintendo Console that used discs? But it's like Mr. Ite said, most of us don't even use discs anymore because almost everything is via the internet.

Top Bottom