What the fuck are you doing, Nintendo? LEAVE ZELDA ALONE

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
The only thing gritty about Twilight Princess was the Goron nipples.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
It wasn't exactly 'gritty' but it was definitely the grittiest LoZ has ever gotten.

I say this with my VAST experience of ths franchise.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
It wasn't exactly 'gritty' but it was definitely the grittiest LoZ has ever gotten.

I say this with my VAST experience of ths franchise.

Bah to you and your entire post.

BAH.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Same game, different quality of graphics and vaguely different story.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Not going to BAH me as a person too? I kind of expected that one coming :awesome:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm going to wait until I hear moar details about this before deciding to freak out about it. Nintendo generally seem to know what they're doing. Then again I'm one of the seeming few who actually liked the cel-shaded style of WW and PH, so I'm probably biased to be less concerned about it anyway.

I like the style. Wind Waker was awesome. I have no problem with Zelda's cell shading art style. It's just the stupid fucking gimmick that annoys me, and lack of a new console Zelda title. It's as if Nintendo can't do anything but churn a Zelda game with some absurd gimmick and the same shitty, filler plot. I'm tired of these stale, handheld Zelda games getting churned out while we have to wait years upon years for the real meat of the franchise.

Essentially what Ninra has said. :monster:

This is indeed a ridiculous gimmick.
"Hey look at me, I will save the world by riding the choo-choo train!"
Very epic way of saving Hyrule or whatever fantasy land you live in Link, very epic.

But I don't see what more they could do with Zelda. Twilight Princess was the epic game we had all been waiting for for so long; we got we wanted and now the Zelda franchise should rest in peace as a glorious piece of video gaming history.

Unfortunately this is not the case. Zelda and Mario will live on as long as they are profitable.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
They Changed It So Now It Sucks.

Seriously, Phantom Hourglass wasn't much different than Wind Waker, and if you hated them both, tough titties. Go bawwww about it to someone who cares. If they want to change it to a train, I don't give two shits, it'll probably still be decently fun to play, much like Minish Cap, TP, OoT and so forth.

Forgive me, if I want more than decent (read: mediocre) handheld gimmick crap from my franchise. :awesome:

Wind Waker was epic, had a good storyline, amazing bosses and levels, and hours of gameplay.

Phantom Hourglass was caual, DS game filler, with decent gameplay and a forgettable story. Sorry, but that's not the same thing at all. I'm glad you're so enthused. You're the target market Nintendo is shooting for. It just sucks the rest of the folks who want something more memorable and exciting out of our games get shat on in the process.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
There's no reason that being on a handheld console means it'll suck. I don't remember anyone complaining about the gameplay quality of Link's Awakening. Not to mention, even minor tweaks in gameplay can cause radically different strategies - Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island barely play like they're entries in the same series, and with a more puzzle-oriented series like Zelda effects on gameplay will be even more different. I'll refrain from judging Nintendo for "treading water" until we've received more info about this game.

Asterisk

AKA
Azzure, Hyades
Hmmm, This looks..... completely messed up.

I don't really see anything about the story itself, but man, Link on a train? When did he step out of medieval(ish) world and into a colonial(ish) one?

I played Phantom Hour Glass because I played WW and thought it would be decent to play, but it didn't really hold my attention for more than a hour. I don't think I'll be very drawn to this game either. It was probably because of the jump between platforms though, i'll admit.

I was actually expecting a console Zelda to be out this year, but I guess wrong. Unless this is an incredibly elaborate joke.... but that's likely hoping for too much.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Forgive me, if I want more than decent (read: mediocre) handheld gimmick crap from my franchise. :awesome:
Because the Oracle games were total PoS games, amirite? And Link's awakening was total crap, of course. :awesome:

Phantom Hourglass was caual, DS game filler, with decent gameplay and a forgettable story. Sorry, but that's not the same thing at all. I'm glad you're so enthused. You're the target market Nintendo is shooting for. It just sucks the rest of the folks who want something more memorable and exciting out of our games get shat on in the process.
I am? Well shit, if I'm just their target audience, they need to work harder at it. I wouldn't have even started playing it if it wasn't a gift. :awesome:

Seriously, though, I would love to know how the other Zelda handheld games weren't "memorable" to you. Did you hate Link's Awakening or Oracle of Ages/Seasons? Or do you just hate all Zelda games since Four Swords?

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Phantom Hourglass was fun, and I'll probably play this. I need something new for the DS anyway.

Did you hate Link's Awakening or Oracle of Ages/Seasons?
It's been a while, but didn't a tree fall in love with Link or something in one of the Oracle games? I hope we get more ridiculous antics like that. :3

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
It's been a while, but didn't a tree fall in love with Link or something in one of the Oracle games? I hope we get more ridiculous antics like that. :3
Jas, in Ages. Aw man, that tree.:awesome:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
No the oracle games weren't shit, because they didn't have ridiculous gimmicks tacked onto a shoddy, 1 dimensional storyline. Oracle of Ages and Seasons was epic not just because of the gameplay elements they added, but because of how you could link both of the stories together, adding replay quality with storyline depth and thus you unlock a whole new conclusion you'd never achieve on your first, individual playthrough.

Do not even compare that to this. That's not even in the same league. I'm not talking about previous classic handheld Zelda titles, I'm speaking of Zelda's present hand held console mediocrity.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I haven't really been thrilled with how dull the current handheld games have been tbh.

They really haven't done much, and they don't seem to have the same spirit as the main titles usually do.

KuraudoStrife

Site Staff
AKA
Kuraudo
Well they need to make some money with the franchise.....
Come on there's no way to make money better than "Link and the happy railroad"! That's just awesome!*irony*

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Your on about a streamline gimmick but tbh you can throw that onto any zelda game.
Your a nobody who becomes a somebody who goes and saves a princess, the end.
Can't blame the company for trying to market their title to a games system that is making them billions from kids alone.
FFS nintendo alround right now make nothing but childs games, you kinda see the reason why they thought cashing in was a good way to up profits and if anyone didn't like the look of the game then they didn't need to buy it.
If your so upset about it just ignore it and wank off to twilight princess in the dark like the remaining populace who are overly protective of the zelda series.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Oi, what did I say earlier? Let's be grown ups about this, stop trying to insult people over this shit plox.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
God forbid someone levels criticism and disdain for gimmick in a Zelda game :monster:

If you don't like a dissenting opinion on Zelda's gimmickry then don't post. Ignore it, otherwise discuss the subject intelligently please. No shit, someone who doesn't like it like myself isn't going to buy it. However, I still feel attachment towards the franchise and regret the direction its been taken has been one of mediocrity.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I never ended up playing PH and judging from people's opinions it sounds like I didn't miss much. And then this is basically that but with trains?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I never ended up playing PH and judging from people's opinions it sounds like I didn't miss much. And then this is basically that but with trains?

so it seems at this point.

Top Bottom