What would you like to see a remake do?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Not of FFVII, since it's got its own threads for that already, but of any of the other titles. I was inspired to make this after writing this post recently.

I'd like to see FFI get a proper remake and incorporate what I talked about.

What would you guys like to see a remake or re-release of a non-VII FF do?

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Lithp, Unholy Quadralateral
I-Finally make sense in regards to Dissidia. Explore character motivations. Give the WoLs personality, even if they're all the stereotypical epic hero type.

II-Close up the ending with Leon. Explain the Emperor's powers & how he takes over Hell.

III-Give the Cloud of Darkness a more active role, I guess.

I don't see a need to remake IV or V, VI & VII have other topics, & there really isn't much point in remaking anything after that.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I don't see a need to remake VI

1b957c3f7e8f1e8eaa905e683e84d89c.jpg

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I'd love a remake of the first game. A real one, not another port. Tho Origins was a huge step forward from NES, so I'm really wanting a huge step forward from Origins, I guess.

And I'd love a remake of X. Better graphics, some extra dungeons (which equals more monsters, more arena bosses, etc), abilities, a bigger Sphere Grid...I could go on for ages about things I'd love to see in it - not to detract from the stellar existing game. And include the Dark Aeons for us American chumps this time ;.;

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
II-Close up the ending with Leon.

I'm not sure that it really needs anything else there. The point seemed to be more that, despite all that had gone down, Firion and the others would welcome him with open arms when he was ready to come back to them.

It's a lot like how FFIV left off with Kain, actually. More is gained from the "life goes on" ending than would be the case with an "all is tied up neatly" ending.

NB said:
Explain the Emperor's powers & how he takes over Hell.

I wouldn't mind seeing how he pulled that off myself.

NB said:
I don't see a need to remake IV ...

Not if it's going to drip with lame like that DS remake.

Yuri said:
And I'd love a remake of X.

I don't see how X could benefit from a remake. It already has top-notch presentation.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
A remake for IX, on the DS, using the same graphics from III on the same.

Don't change much, just make Lani and Mikoto playable characters please. :)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'd love a remake of the first game. A real one, not another port. Tho Origins was a huge step forward from NES, so I'm really wanting a huge step forward from Origins, I guess.

Technically, that *is* a remake. :P

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
A remake for IX, on the DS, using the same graphics from III on the same.

Don't change much, just make Lani and Mikoto playable characters please. :)

While I don't think the game is dated enough to constitute a remake, FFIX would suit the DS graphics very well I think. Also add Beatrix as a party member plz :monster:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
While I don't think the game is dated enough to constitute a remake, FFIX would suit the DS graphics very well I think. Also add Beatrix as a party member plz :monster:
Well, that's true, but if people are gonna start asking for a remake of godsdammed FFX, I'm going to make my voice heard for IX. :monster:

I have no problems with Beatrix being in the party too, but then who would
lead Alexandria's fleet at the end of the game
?

Actually, one thing I'd like to see in ALL remakes... a feature from X and XII, actually: the ability to COMPLETELY choose your battle party, not being forced to have one character in your party all the time.

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA

Yeah, I definitely didn't say that....

As for open endings...I hate them. I really, really hate them. You can give a "life goes on" sense without leaving obvious plotlines hanging in midair. It's an anticlimax, is really what it is. Why go through all of the trouble of introducing the conflict in the first place if you're not going to resolve it. Yes, he would be accepted if he went back, but that's not a resolution. He could turn around & kill himself out of guilt, for all we know.

And on the subject of IV, I actually think the DS version looks pretty good. Haven't played it, though, because it's ass hard to find these games.

Last edited:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I would also like to see Kefka look like this again

kefka_2.jpg

Less actual clown-ish and more... crazy dude in clown make up.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
if people are gonna start asking for a remake of godsdammed FFX, I'm going to make my voice heard for IX. :monster:
I just want to fight my Dark Aeons in peace ;.;

Plus, X was one of the best FF games ever created. IX suuuuucked.

How about this, then? What about a new version of Tactics - you know, not a port with two new characters, but an actual fucking overhaul that fixes the translation errors, and gives the game some woefully needed graphical updates? I mean, ffs, War of the Lions has animated cutscenes and voice acting; is improved graphics and the like really that much to ask?

WORKER 8...BEAT UP MUSTADIO

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Plus, X was one of the best FF games ever created. IX suuuuucked.
I dare you to come over here and say that. :monster: COME AN' 'AVE A GO IF YOU FINK YER 'ARD ENUFF!

But seriously, the Dark Aeons weren't in the US release? :huh: They were in the EU...

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I would also like to see Kefka look like this again

kefka_2.jpg

Less actual clown-ish and more... crazy dude in clown make up.

Okay, make Kefka less of a clown and more of a clown, got it.....wate wut?

I'd like a FF6 remake because much like FF4, an enhanced translation and more involved story telling could make the characters come across so much clearer and better. FF6 left a lot open - how did Shadow come to abandon Relm, what were the circumstances that Terra and Celes met in the Empire, what's the story behind how Kefka became a nutjob? I would gladly welcome a remake of FF6 to enrich the story more.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

I'd like a FF6 remake because much like FF4, an enhanced translation and more involved story telling could make the characters come across so much clearer and better. FF6 left a lot open - how did Shadow come to abandon Relm, what were the circumstances that Terra and Celes met in the Empire, what's the story behind how Kefka became a nutjob? I would gladly welcome a remake of FF6 to enrich the story more.

Yeah it was a poor description on my part. I guess what I wanted to say is that I prefer the Anthologies look to the Dissidia look.

Also agreeing with the rest of the post. I love FF6 and all, but it really could do with more backstory, which I don't believe was possible with the original release's script. With so many great characters, there's a lot of potential.

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
I think War of the Lions is fine the way it is. What I want is more of a direct sequel, although Ivalice Alliance has basically crushed my hopes. As for X, I also think it's good the way it is. I rather dislike the way FF is going where the focus is becoming increasingly more about completing a zillion side quests. In particular, the whole "Dark Aeons" thing makes no sense whatsoever. There's no reason given as to why they're "dark." It bothers the crap out of me.

Also, it seems I've misread something, as well. In that case, about VI: I actually don't think it needs a remake, either. All things considered, it's pretty self-sufficient. The only thing we could really get out of it is updated graphics...woo? If it were me, I would give it a sequel. Something that acknowledges how Kefka was brought down & shows how the world rebuilds in his absence.

Edit: Isn't the explanation for Kefka's insanity an imperfect magitek infusion?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

I think she wants him to look less deformed like the Joker and more like he has normal bone structure.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I dare you to come over here and say that. :monster: COME AN' 'AVE A GO IF YOU FINK YER 'ARD ENUFF!

But seriously, the Dark Aeons weren't in the US release? :huh: They were in the EU...
I got NO problem doing that. Send a plane ticket pls. :monster:

And no. No Dark Aeons. They were put into the Japanese re-release and the PAL (Europe and Aussie) releases...along with the new abilities and everything. ;.;

I think War of the Lions is fine the way it is. What I want is more of a direct sequel, although Ivalice Alliance has basically crushed my hopes. As for X, I also think it's good the way it is. I rather dislike the way FF is going where the focus is becoming increasingly more about completing a zillion side quests. In particular, the whole "Dark Aeons" thing makes no sense whatsoever. There's no reason given as to why they're "dark." It bothers the crap out of me.
Bleh. War is OKAY at best. It's still the amazingness that IS Tactics, but where's the polish? They LITERALLY added two extra characters and the animated cutscenes + voices. Where the facelift they gave FF1? (plus the voices are kinda lame, lul)

The Dark Aeons make perfect sense. The DA are summoned by Yevon in order to deal with the gang. Which is why they're not just kinda hanging out in some dungeon like every other boss. And, tbh, they're not a sidequest. They're uberbosses that are just kinda there. And you get nothing from it, except the ability to fight Penance (and from there, the key item denoting you as "subete wo koeshimono", or "he who has surpassed all"). It's the challenge of the thing.

And they're DARK because Yevon is evil (and out to KILL you). Duh. :monster:

Why so sidequest hate? =/

Since I know you love to argue- how does IX suck again? It's one of my favorites.
We've been over THAT how many times? XD

Great story, but the presentation just ain't it.

Tho the Hot and Cold game is addictive as HELL. And Ozma was a great superboss.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I would like to see a remake not suck. I think that's a modest enough request.

If they remake FFVI, they'd better go all out and give it the best graphics possible, plus symphonic orchestrations of all the original music. I wouldn't mind seeing the backstory expanded upon as long as they don't ruin the feel of the original game. The characters are pretty much perfect as they are.

FFIV and FFIX are the only other games that I can say would really benefit from remakes, but I haven't played the DS remake of FFIV (since I don't own a DS) so I can't say whether it was improved enough to fix my quibbles with the original game. I do, once again, think those would benefit from improved graphics, although FFIX was no slouch in the graphics department to begin with.

A remake of FFIX should also fix the lack of engagement of various characters after their time in the spotlight had passed - it introduced a lot of awesome characters like Freya and Lani whom it virtually ignored after a certain point in the game. That should be fixed.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Might as well, because the reality ain't changing. :monster:

Like I said - great story, bad presentation. The gameplay just isn't up to the usual standard, imo. Was the first FF that I actually HATED playing. I'd sit and watch the story all the livelong day, just so long as I don't have to play the damn game.

...except Hot and Cold. Don't stand between me and my chocographs.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Might as well, because the reality ain't changing. :monster:

Like I said - great story, bad presentation. The gameplay just isn't up to the usual standard, imo. Was the first FF that I actually HATED playing. I'd sit and watch the story all the livelong day, just so long as I don't have to play the damn game.

...except Hot and Cold. Don't stand between me and my chocographs.

Did you too feel like the battle system was slow as fuck?

I mean it looked cool, and it had okay customization, but it felt like the enemies took 3 turns to your 1. ESPECIALLY BOSSES. Like Trance Kuja, Ozma, Necron, Hades, etc.

Top Bottom