Why do people obsess over Weiss

Aki

he are sick
Ok I played this game late, proberly only 4 months ago. And after reading on multiple forums articles about Weiss and how powerful he is etc.

I was extreamly disapointed, he is dead anyway. You don't even see his real personality just Hojo projecting through him. And he's in what, the last 10 minutes of the game.

His design was pretty cool, I thought he looked asthough he was from the FFX world. But I dont see how anyone can judge how strong he is as you never see him.

I've heard arguments about how he's stronger than Sephiroth, which i doubt as in CC and AC Sephiroth is awsomly fast.

What are your thoughs on the elusive Weiss

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Weiss' "popularity" is due to his appearance in the Online Mode of DoC(released only in Japan, but already canceled). There, we see Weiss' real personality(not influenced by Hojo) and real power(not influenced by Omega).
If you want to see those scenes, you can easily find them on YouTube.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
He was a pretty crap character as far as I'm concerned.

paoo

♥
You know, I'm pissed that SE add new characters all the time that we didn't even know existed.
So.... Weiss sucks.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Really? What part? The Super Saiyan hairstyle or the MC Hammer pants complete with Go Faster stripe?

Hey, I happen to LIKE Super Saiyan hair styles with MC Hammer pants and neon blue stripes. :@

Weiss is popular because he looks cool and has cool weapons. :awesome:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Gotta love those shallow peoples :awesome:

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Lithp, Unholy Quadralateral
Weiss is okay, but people only like him because he's a ridiculously overpowered bishonen.

He has all the powers of the Tsviets, save for Nero's.

And no, he's not stronger than Sephiroth.

That answer your questions?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I didn't like him at all... though, I don't like much of anyone in that game, including Vincent. :awesome:

I'm pretty sure Reeve made it worth playing.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Odd. I liked pretty much everyone, except for Shelke.

Grr, I hate Shelke to. D< And I forgot to add Lucrecia to my like list in my other post. I really enjoyed seeing more about her, but otherwise...

Vincent has always bugged me. I don't understand why he should have his own game. Like, suddenly years later Vincent is some special character that does all this shiot? =/

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Vincent has always bugged me. I don't understand why he should have his own game. Like, suddenly years later Vincent is some special character that does all this shiot? =/

Well, they were so vague about him in the original game that it's just easy to expand upon him.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Well, they were so vague about him in the original game that it's just easy to expand upon him.

They weren't that vague about Vincent as it seems. All of Vincent's predicaments (his "sin" and his rivalry with Hojo) were all explicitly explained and resolved in FFVII. DOC only added more depth to it.

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
They weren't that vague about Vincent as it seems. All of Vincent's predicaments (his "sin" and his rivalry with Hojo) were all explicitly explained and resolved in FFVII. DOC only added more depth to it.

There was enough vagueness to build off on. Such as what Chaos was, besides some freaky monster that Vincent could change into.

And "explicitly explained & resolved" is giving them too much credit. Assuming you actually have Vincent in your party when you fight Hojo, he doesn't go into some bigass speech about how he's over his issues now, he just settles his score with Hojo.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

True, and I'm all for minor characters getting some lime light, but having a game based off of Vincent just seemed so... random and really un-needed. It was a boring game too, imo. I love cutscenes in games, and I don't mind if one is chalk full of them (like Kingdom Hearts and Crisis Core) but these scenes just drew on and on and were for the most part, terribly boring. The only part that interested me, was TURK Vincent and seeing what really happened in more detail. It was really emotional, got me a bit teary. I've always felt bad for him as a TURK, and for poor Lucrecia. Crisis Core made sense though. Vincent's suddenly a part of this whole organization and then all this random crap starts happening. I really hate that "Midgar died, something survived" line... that makes Vincent seem like the most important character in the game, or that he has something interesting about him. His character is robotic, not at all badass (which is a ruse that fools people because he 'looks cool) , and just. Gah, I don't know. I could probably Vincent rant for awhile. :awesome: I should stop.

Ascension

Rookie Adventurer
I admit as much as I like Vincent, his story in DoC sparked confusion. It's too scattered. Most of it seemed like it was made on a whim and not thought about deeply and professionally. What at first was shedding some light on his background turned into a mess with a poorly thought out plot and farfetched story ideas which in turn made his story even more confusing than what they were trying to remedy and resolve from FFVII. It's like he's not the same Vincent we know in FFVII but someone else entirely with completely different motives which is why I dislike games made simply for fanservice. I didn't really like the game itself either, it lacks originality. I just couldn't get into it.

It strangely reminds me of Devil May Cry as well, notice how Vincent does similar moves and has similar clothing attire to Dante? I wonder if it was influenced upon in DoC's developement.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Nothing confusing about Vincent's story in DoC. Pretty simple if you think about it.

DoC nothing like DMC, perhaps would have enjoyed game more if it was. Vincent's clothing not similar to Dante's at all.

Ascension

Rookie Adventurer
It just reminds me of Dante due to the color of his outfit I suppose and the way he does his crazy back flips and all that. Dante does the same sort of thing but then I can say that about a plethora of games of the same genre.

His story is confusing to me because it doesn't follow up entirely with FFVII and it's not what I expected but it's still understandable. I'm not too disappointed in it. I was interested in having a character from FFVII branch into his own story and it was easy to get engaged in atleast. I wish the game itself was more fun but it's just one of those you play through once or twice and move on to something else.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Game only takes vague bits from original and elaborates on them when it comes to Vincent, which is why his story doesn't confuse me.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
It strangely reminds me of Devil May Cry as well, notice how Vincent does similar moves and has similar clothing attire to Dante? I wonder if it was influenced upon in DoC's developement.

Honestly, not at all. The only similarity is that they both wear red. And Dante has all the right moves. Vincent seems to have gotten stuck with all the fail. :awesome:

fanservice.

That's the word I was trying to think of before! Yes, that's what this is, for the Vinnie fanboys and fangirls, which there are plenty of because he's so "mysteriouz and hawt". >_> Reminds me of X-2 a little.

Top Bottom