Why FF7 is the worst game ever made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katrino

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I have been playing outside midgar now. And i didn't realise how incredibly boring this game is. In the past when i was more of an edgy angsty teen and listened to metal core or alternative modern rock music, ii was like wow so cool with angsty music and story and such. But playing 7 now in 2017 is such a crap game in comparison, i mean it still was that when it was new, i can come up with better turn based early RPGs on PS1 that looks and is a heck more fun.

Its just easy, boring as you progress. I dont see any value of playing it today, it just stinks, the one from 1997. PS1 is amazing, pick another game over it is my suggestion.

Final Fantasy on famicom is good, but i hate the artwork of the guy. But i would honestly not play any of the old Square games or the new ones. Because the storyline is so ridiculous, like the way they communicate is like this

"But Tifa"

"Cloud I..."

"Cloud, are you awake?"

Like what the heck am i reading?
Besides that this review while i sort of think he goes too far by saying this game inspired anime cliche in gaming. He does have a point that the game castrates you as a man. Like every time i sit with FF7 i feel like i wanna disrespect my parents, being this angsty person who just feel like the world is horrible and is a loner all the time. Other games such as Rayman 1 on PS1 just makes it, wow cool game. Ok mom and dad, i will lawn the grass today.

So explain why is it good? I can say one thing, presentation wise its good. But the content is 100% horrible all the way. You know games such as Tekken has those black borders and atmosphere. But here is the difference, with Tekken its fun.

Katrino

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I have been playing outside midgar now. And i didn't realise how incredibly boring this game is. In the past when i was more of an edgy angsty teen and listened to metal core or alternative modern rock music, ii was like wow so cool with angsty music and story and such. But playing 7 now in 2017 is such a crap game in comparison, i mean it still was that when it was new, i can come up with better turn based early RPGs on PS1 that looks and is a heck more fun.

Its just easy, boring as you progress. I dont see any value of playing it today, it just stinks, the one from 1997. PS1 is amazing, pick another game over it is my suggestion.

Final Fantasy on famicom is good, but i hate the artwork of the guy. But i would honestly not play any of the old Square games or the new ones. Because the storyline is so ridiculous, like the way they communicate is like this

"But Tifa"

"Cloud I..."

"Cloud, are you awake?"

Like what the heck am i reading?
Besides that this review while i sort of think he goes too far by saying this game inspired anime cliche in gaming. He does have a point that the game castrates you as a man. Like every time i sit with FF7 i feel like i wanna disrespect my parents, being this angsty person who just feel like the world is horrible and is a loner all the time. Other games such as Rayman 1 on PS1 just makes it, wow cool game. Ok mom and dad, i will lawn the grass today.

So explain why is it good? I can say one thing, presentation wise its good. But the content is 100% horrible all the way. You know games such as Tekken has those black borders and atmosphere. But here is the difference, with Tekken its fun.
Here

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
My fave fanfic: "Cloud Lawns the Grass"

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I think sometimes we get time travellers from 2002 who think this shit is a big deal.

We are all jaded 40 year olds here we barely give a shit about FFVII. I swear to god nobody cares enough about this.

We get at least one topic like this every fucking month and nobody gives a shit.

But y'know there are legit criticisms to be made of FFVII but erm...a) you're not really making them in a coherent fashion b) 90% of us would probably agree with you anyway.

:monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Current Weekly Famitsu survey says it's not: http://kotaku.com/poll-japans-favorite-role-playing-games-1797118585

20. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4/Xbox One/PC) - 72 points

19. Final Fantasy VIII (PlayStation/PC) - 74 points

18. Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation/PC/iOS/Android) - 75 points

17. Mother 2 (SNES) - 78 points

16. Final Fantasy VI (SNES/PlayStation/GBA/iOS/Android) - 81 points

15. Dragon Quest IV (NES/PlayStation/DS/iOS/Android) - 82 points

14. Persona 5: The Golden (Vita) - 90 points

13. Xenogears (PlayStation) - 91 points

12. Final Fantasy X (PS2/PS3/PS4/Vita/PC) - 100 points

11. Xenoblade (Wii/3DS) - 104 points

10. Final Fantasy XV (PS4/Xbox One) - 110 points

9. Persona 3 (PS2/PSP) - 131 points