Why won't my characters speak up?

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Aren't the characters supposed to say specific things to other characters, depending on who you're fighting and so on when a battle begins, like Sephiroth commenting on Tidus or Golbez commenting on Cloud or w/e? So why are my characters still saying generic stuff to each other?

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
In Shade Impulse, Lady of the Legend and the chapter with Gabranth, when fighting a "boss" character, they'll speak their personal commentaries towards the character you're playing with.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
That happens to me sometimes. I think it has something to do with the levels of the characters. For example, when I tried battling my Lvl100!Cloud in Duel Colosseum Lvl 1-30, Cloud only says the generic stuff he says to guys lower than his level ("I won't sleep well tonight" and somesuch). But if the weaker enemy faces Cloud, they comment on him ("I think you think too much" ~OK).

But if they're in the same level like in the whale course or that other course, maxed-out!Cloud starts commenting on his enemies too... I think. I'm pretty sure the characters don't have any generic lines for enemies higher than their levels, so maybe that's why.

when fighting a "boss" character, they'll speak their personal commentaries towards the character you're playing with.

You should try this and see if it works. :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
If you're incredibly above or below the level of your opponent, you'll comment on that fact much much more commonly than speaking to each other.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
In Shade Impulse, Lady of the Legend and the chapter with Gabranth, when fighting a "boss" character, they'll speak their personal commentaries towards the character you're playing with.
Unless that was something else they changed in the English version, I think your opponent only comments during the story mode and in quick battles, but not in the Duel Colosseum.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Unless that was something else they changed in the English version, I think your opponent only comments during the story mode and in quick battles, but not in the Duel Colosseum.

Maybe I didn't myself clear.

When I speaking about Boss characters, I was speaking about the characters you face in those story mode chapters that are not manikins, and not the Boss characters in the Duel Colosseum. :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, its only during the DO story mode, and quick battle, that the characters actually "speak" to each other. the Duel Colosseum has your character say their generic quotes that either reflect the level of their opponent, or them just being randomly cocky/humble/etc :monster:

Also, there's an option in the Options menu of the game that allows you to change how often the unique character intro dialogue appears in full and in which way. You can set it to where in Quick Battle they'll always say their long quotes to each other with the dramatic entrance to the battle field, where they only say their quotes, or where they just say a generic quick quote and get straight to fighting. I set it to random where either happens.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Are you serious, mog? So you wanna play huh? You got guts. Get ready because I won't be able to hold back. Gonna cry? gonna cry again?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Not done yet! I'll give it to ya! TO THE GROUND! OWAHHH COME ONCOME ONCOME ON ONE MORE! URRRYAAAAHHH!!

Top Bottom