Why

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Do sent PM's no longer show up in the sent items box? I have really bad short term memory loss and not sure if I actually sent a PM to someone. It says the last pm I sent was back in 2009 which is bullshit. :monster:

Last edited:

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Since when do I have to do that? I don't remember having to do that anywhere else. :(

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
:huh: Thats weird, I sent a PM yesterday and it saved a copy, I didn't have to tick anything? It's saved all my sent PM's.

5000 is the limit for sent items, did/do you have more than that?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Thats really odd, I guess someone will have to look into it. I know some settings and stuff got changed when we had that server change a while back (eg I'm no longer getting email notification of PM's I could change it back but havent) so maybe it had something do so with that?

A conundrum.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Cheers Scott problem solved. Something like that should really be set by default. =/

Fangu

Great Old One
I'll bet it's related to you getting your own user group. Some other settings are probably default in new user groups.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
No since I said the last time a pm was saved in my sent items was 2009.

Fangu

Great Old One
Yeah but they can be shown as hidden or something (I'm sure they're still in the database) since the change was done. Or did it happen like just now? (When did you notice?)

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
They will be in the database most likely but I don't want anyone to go snooping around in my PM's really. :monster: And I just noticed now because I just looked to see if I had sent that PM or not. :P

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
wow ive been wondering this forever thanks apparently never in the history of tls have a clicked that button

derp

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I had the same problem a while back. But yeah, the options menu is the only way to fix it.

I don't know why it's not default. *eyes Yop*

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
i am a heron. i have a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
What's the option? I'll look for info about it and at least turn it on for everyone with a MySQL query. I'm pretty sure I've always had it set so I had no idea anyone else didn't.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Hōtarō Oreki;456517 said:
Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

Well, that's strange; it's already enabled for new registrations by default. It must not have been at some point, though. I'm going to look into the MySQL table structure and figure out which option I need to set to on.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Should now be enabled for everyone. I hope. There were apparently 219 users who didn't have the option checked.

UPDATE user SET options=options + 33554432 WHERE NOT(options & 33554432)

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Well, that's strange; it's already enabled for new registrations by default. It must not have been at some point, though. I'm going to look into the MySQL table structure and figure out which option I need to set to on.

Its probably not set by default for the members who joined here when TLS was running on SMF.

Thats my first guess.

Top Bottom