• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Will Full Dive VR cause human extinction?

gamer444

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Hi All :D

Will Full Dive Vr cause human extinction or will Full Dive not happen at all and remain science fiction for a long time/forever?

If you don't know what full dive VR is it is something similar to Neuralink Brain-Computer Interfaces,, SAO, The Matrix.

1. Will it cause an extinction level event where everyone is in a virtual world and the real world is abandoned for good? Or will only a small percentage of people will stay in a virtual world forever such as 5% of population will enter and stay in a virtual world while the rest of us will live in real life with the occasional use of Full dive VR where people constantly switch in and out of real life.

Excluding factors such as morals and religion, eating and drinking, bodily functions, need to reproduce and work where maybe by that stage AI/AGI would have taken over most jobs.

I know other factors such as Climate Change can cause human extinction but I am not talking about those

In VR people can do things such as fly, and do magic effects which can’t be done in the real world which increases their happiness. Or even people can have virtual girlfriends, kids or families.

2. Will real life physical travel still exist where maybe people want to see still the world such as someone flying from Australia to Singapore to experience the real life Singapore instead of the FDVR version of Singapore. Or will people still travel downtown in real life to visit actual friends instead of virtually

Many Thanks

Rich people will have it all.
Poor people will be confined to cheap versions of FDVR. The unemployed will be encouraged to vanish into it forever.
There will be FDVR events will real life consequences, like gladiatorial competitions where, if you lose in FDVR, your plug is pulled back IRL and it's GAME OVER FOREVER. Viewing figures for these events will be HUGE.
Old people will be "retired" into FDVR, like in that Black Mirror episode. Then when you want to visit granny you can go meet her in FFXIV where she's a sexy viera, or something.

Edited to add: I don't think human extinction is anything to worry about. If we go extinct, so be it. Some other species will probably evolve to take our place. Maybe they'll be smarter.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I roll my eyes ever time VR or 3D have a resurgence.

I forgot which comedian had the bit on it. Something to the effect of 'they try to hock this shit to us at premium prices about every 20 years or so and we all go mad for it... Until about six weeks in and we realise, again, it's shite and nobody enjoys it.

I'm more worried about immediate extinction threats like climate change, nuclear weaponry...or the smell of the cheese my in-laws are eating being so fucking rancid and strong I'm fairly sure the whole street is suffocating in it and it'll only spread further from here....

Last edited:

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I don’t think it’ll result in human extinction, because bodily functions will continue to pull humans away from VR and survival instincts therein will always exist. Mental illness would be ubiquitous, though, and governments and corporations will use the technology for surveillance and control just like they do with everything else.

This kinda reminds me of a book I read during a detention in high school, called the Last Book in the Universe. The main character is neurologically incapable of using neural links, which makes him something of a pariah.

Top Bottom