Will the remake go more episodic after Part 1? (split from official tweets thread)

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I can see them do a similar thing like they did in KH II where the new story starts with Roxas. Like Nibelheim Cloud could be a great way to reintroduce a tutorial and all that beginner stuff
This is what I find to be the most likely scenario, personally. I'm just thinking that exp or items might actually carry over from the flashback just si the player feels like they gained something from going through it.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
That way the narrative emotional pacing of the OG (where the first Jenova fight could happen within a couple of hours of playtime after Kalm) where the weird inconsistencies in Cloud’s story is still fresh in the player’s mind which then is amplified by Sephiroth’s dismissive attitude on the ship, can be then replicated by the Remake.
I doubt they'll be going with the "Who are you?" dismissive approach from Seph this time. Both the player and main cast have already seen Seph personally acknowledging Cloud multiple times now.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I actually hope Sephiroth does still ask that and act completely as if he hasn't seen Cloud at all.

That would be some epic tier gaslighting of not just Cloud but the audience as well.

"Who are you? Fought? I never fought any of you. If I had, you would all be dead. The time has come. The Reunion awaits."

"... Cloud, what the FUCK is goin' on here?! Is any of this shit real??"- A visibly shook Barret.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Depending on where they start levels at for the next game or if they do actually bring over your stats, I hope that Sephiroth's stats are still insane and takes down enemies that will probably be bosses like the Green Dragon with no problem at all. Seeing him in action after watching Cloud die 2 seconds into that battle is what won me over on Sephiroth on my first playthrough. I hope to see a good idea of what Cloud will be doing endgame for the last part. :D

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Found it, luckily I had saved it, cause it's a month old already.
Ah, yeah. That's just checking for the flags as they relate to the chapters & they're reset so that you can get the other endings and things. They don't really have any way to tell if there's any "first time" duplicate storage data. Thanks for the link & letting me check!! ^_^

I can see them do a similar thing like they did in KH II where the new story starts with Roxas. Like Nibelheim Cloud could be a great way to reintroduce a tutorial and all that beginner stuff
This is actually what I figure is gonna be the way that the next chapter starts. All of the introductory flashback, because in addition to Cloud being SUPER weak, they get to show off what the old "Legendary First Class SOLDIER" Sephiroth was like. This means that by the time you end the flashback and get to your party, everybody has a sense of just how eclipsed in power you are. (And that this will show just how much MORE powerful current Sephiroth is).

Since this game went from 7-50, I can see the next ones picking up from there, especially since later levels progress more slowly. Additionally, since FFXV capped at 120, I don't think that 99 is gonna be a hard ceiling.

I actually hope Sephiroth does still ask that and act completely as if he hasn't seen Cloud at all.

That would be some epic tier gaslighting of not just Cloud but the audience as well.

"Who are you? Fought? I never fought any of you. If I had, you would all be dead. The time has come. The Reunion awaits."

"... Cloud, what the FUCK is goin' on here?! Is any of this shit real??"- A visibly shook Barret.

Very much this. Especially with the "Unknown Sephiroth" I can see that there're some layers of inconsistencies that they can set up to make you doubt what you know for new and returning players the same way that the party is with Cloud.

X:neo:

Top Bottom