Will We See The Whispers Under Sephiroth's Control In Part 2?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I THINK, and also hope, that the Sephiroth defined as unknown in the Ultimania*, was making his one last ditch effort to alter the timeline. Namely that he's from post AC, and the only option left available to him was to fuck up fate and just hope that things go different for him this time, but is otherwise unable to interfere again.

*The Sephy who is ostensibly from the future, who is the one who shows up in Chapters 2 and 18. While the ones who show up as a pure hallucination to Cloud or as possessing Copies are the in-timeline Sephy.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think the Whispers are gone and Sephiroth loosened the grip of the Planet being able to directly influence reality from beyond. The Whispers may appear as tenants unable to do anything or in a flashback but I really doubt they'll do the same thematic and setting gimmick twice.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I don't think we'll see the Whispers under Sephiroth's control in future parts. While Sephiroth did absorb them in the final battle and used their power to summon a Meteor of sorts, I take the golden rain that showered over Midgar as a visual marker of their defeat. That being said, I think there will be consequences to this that will play into Sephiroth's hand. We don't have all the information regarding the Whisper's purpose and origin. Additionally, Aerith was notably hesitant to confront "destiny" on the Midgar Expressway, and what are the Whispers but the agents of destiny. They appeared to be maintaining "continuity" and I'd argue that things will start to unravel now that they're defeated.

Last edited:

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Force, the idea that the ?Roth will be unable to interfere ever again is.....past the point of hopeless optimism XD

If anything, that was just his introduction.

Reactions: LNK

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Now Mako is finally speaking my language....

The question is....what does this FutureRoth want? Could he perhaps be a RedeemedRoth?

Ahkseum

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Yeah.

Sephiroth absorbed them after the group beat up the giant purple guy. Then he used them aginst to attack Cloud's group. Then he kicked Cloud's ass in the edge of creation.

I dont see the purpose of giving Sephiroth a power up... and then taking it away offscreen. I think we're meant to believe that our heroes have a chance at changing fate, only to be hit with the fact that Sephiroth is even more powerful and harder to stop... and that things can turn out much worse than the OG.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I suspect not, that would be a thematic problem.

We've escaped the chains of fate, oh wait not really.

What I'm hoping for is, the Whispers are gone, but there's something important they were doing that they are no longer doing that the leads have to fix.

The thing is, they'll have to raise the stakes, but how? All of our lead characters have already lost everything, there's nothing more to threaten. Corel, Nibelheim, and Sector 7 are already destroyed, they have nothing else to lose but their lives.

Top Bottom