Winter 2016 Fanworks Contest- Ideas

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Well we had a sort of lazy few months through the holidays but I think it's time for another contest of sorts. However, as always, I want input on what exactly you think we should do.

There are no bad ideas- what do you think the theme should be? Ideas for prompts? Ideas for style?

There are only two things of which I am certain:

1) I will give a lot more time to work on entries for the contest, setting a deadline for early April.

2) I will once again be incorporating Fan Art AND Fanfiction categories, with the usual reward of an article about said work.

So let's hear it all.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
As for theme ideas, since it's a Winter contest, perhaps we could incorporate some Wintry/snowy themed locations in FF?

Narshe.jpg

Great-Glacier.jpg

latest

latest

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I love the wintery idea; that would be a nice thing to include for a theme/prompt, for the story or art to take place in a winter location. <3 Or perhaps a cozy indoors setting, befitting of a cold winter day/night outside.
Being winter, things are also dormant/quiet, so that could be something to work with?
I think of cold starry nights, snow, slumbering nature, fireplaces, soups and teas and hot chocolates, blankets, ect.

So, you could have heartwarming/cozy prompts, or beautiful snowy prompts (focuses on silence and mystery?), or cold and dark prompts (focuses on cold mentalities and emotion, dangerous ice beasts, long nights, ect).

Hmm, I dunno, that's all I can think of for now. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Maybe we could write out our own interpretations of Icicle Inn? I think that would be fun to see different art and how different people would write a specific scene. And it keeps with the winter theme.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Jason I totally forgot to mention this idea:

Final Fantasy Gender Bender :monster:

Draw or write an FF character as the opposite gender. I've seen some really impressive gender benders on DeviantArt so I thought it'd be a fun competition idea. :lol:

Top Bottom