Winter 2016 Fanworks Contest

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
1917627_10156546398125235_1863454085912077911_n.jpg

What It Is: A fanworks contest for fanart and fanfiction that follows certain parameters (see below).

The Deadline: Entries for both the Fanart and Fanfiction Category will be due April 2nd, 2016.

The Prize: A front-page article detailing the winning works in both the fanart and fanfiction category and possibly some other goodies!

The Parameters: For both fanart and fanfiction, the parameters are quite simple: You must have a snowy setting / subject. This can be from ANY Final Fantasy or game within the SquareEnix umbrella (Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Trigger, etc). You may enter more than once, but as each piece is judged separately you could end up splitting your own vote.

Fanfiction: While there is technically no word limit, it is best to ere on the shorter side.

Fanart: Any medium, including cosplay, is permissible.​

Victory: The winner in each category will be determined by a popular vote.

1) Your characters get stuck in a blizzard and have to make the most out of it. Can be played for laughs or turned into a survival situation.

2) The mother of all snowball fights. If you're not cheating, you're not trying!

3) A Shiva origin story... you know besides the one that is mentioned in Hinduism...

4) How do the people live in such a cold, uninviting place? Tell a world-expanding story about how the denizens of the snowy place survive day to day.

5) It's freezing outside. Dress your characters in some practical winter clothes for crying out loud! (Or make fun of the fact that they are not at all dressed for the climate... I'm looking at your Zidane).

===

Okay folks, let's get the ball rolling on the latest fanworks contest. We had a lot of great entries last time, but a lot of people weren't able to enter due to the restrictive time limit. I have hopefully corrected this making the submission deadline April 2nd, giving you just over two months to enter something in either Fanart or Fanfiction.

The prize is the same as last time - glory- and possibly a Redbubble shopping spree to get some Pixelswag (still working out the details). Thanks to those who tossed the ideas my way in the Idea thread.

PS: I stitched the graphic together all by my lonesome using MS Paint of all things. I'm quite happy with how it turned out but I'll definitely take any pointers. Apart from, you know, get Photoshop.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Does HAVE to be FFVII? Or could I do say the origin of the Shiva from FFX?

Can we enter more than once?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Does HAVE to be FFVII? Or could I do say the origin of the Shiva from FFX?

Can we enter more than once?

It can be any iteration of Shiva you wish, and any Final Fantasy.

You can enter more than once but it's inadvisable as you could split your own vote.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The splitting my own vote thing did cross my mind.

I have two different story ideas. I guess I'll have to pick one...

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Vis a vis your gender bender idea- Maybe that should be a summer contest. Imagine- gender benders... in swimsuits...

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Something like gender-bending could go with any season, though. Maybe Howl could do both winter AND again in the summer? :)

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Just got around to reading this Clement. Great story! Really liked the introspection and the way it was broken up into different small segments. Had a really unique flow to it!

Thanks for taking the time and good luck to you when voting rolls around!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I was thinking of entering, but I've decided against it. I need to use my arting time for more bigger projects. Maybe later this year I can do another contest. :)

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
I gave this one lots of time to encourage participation but I also wanted to make it a forum exclusive event so there might not be much competition. I am planning for a summer fanworks drive which - rather than being a judged contest - will simply be a push for new content and I'm hoping the more laid-back nature of it will encourage more participation.

Top Bottom