• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

woodworking ideas (ff7 themed)

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
First of all, stelazzio coasters omg, that’s rad, send pics.

How about a three legged materia display stand with the Shinra logo on it? You can even get one of those novelty glass materia from the conventions and fit it in :)

Or how about a Honeybee Inn members pass? Why is it made of wood? I’m sorry, that’s a question only members know the answer to, and boy do they!

A shard of 7th Heaven ?

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
First of all, stelazzio coasters omg, that’s rad, send pics.

How about a three legged materia display stand with the Shinra logo on it? You can even get one of those novelty glass materia from the conventions and fit it in :)

Or how about a Honeybee Inn members pass? Why is it made of wood? I’m sorry, that’s a question only members know the answer to, and boy do they!

A shard of 7th Heaven ?

I'll definitely take some pics, and share when I'm done. I'm just trying to figure out what looks best. Either carving or wood burning the art.

I like the ideas for materia stands and honeybee inn passes. It'll be funny to see reactions of people who know what they are.

What do you mean by a shard of 7th heaven? Coasters with the 7th heaven logo on it would be cool

Ghost X

Midgar as a table is just asking to be made :P. Or the branchy thing in this as a light feature or something? I'm probably not exactly helping :P.

Reactions: LNK

Thenir

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nirnaeth
PS1 CDs coasters!
Iirc, in Advent Children, Denzel had a stylized wooden chocobo on his bedside table.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Midgar as a table is just asking to be made :P. Or the branchy thing in this as a light feature or something? I'm probably not exactly helping :P.

I actually have plans to do the maps of 7-9 as tables. This BOTW one gave me the idea. I wouldn't use laser etching though. Everything would be handcarved

PS1 CDs coasters!
Iirc, in Advent Children, Denzel had a stylized wooden chocobo on his bedside table.

The ffvii logo and the Fenrir logo would look pretty fecking sweet even as coasters.

I like both of those ideas! While I would get tired of doing coasters lol, they would be fairly easy to make

Attachments

• botw.jpg
    botw.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 9

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Oh no, I didn't do that. I saw it first on youtube. It gave me an idea to do final fantasy maps though

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
What about doing some individual items that represent characters well? Like a wooden miniature Buster Sword could be pretty fun. If you need it to have some kind of utility, maybe it can be a bookshelf holder or something.

The peak of all projects would be some architectural feat like recreating a wooden Mako reactor or, like Ghost X said, all of Midgar. That sounds like a multi-month endeavor, so I guess it all depends on the scope of what you intend.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I would definitely be down to do Midgar as a table. I can't imagine the cost on that though. It would have to be a custom piece for someone

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
A wooden Seto with spears sticking out — that would require a lot of work and detail, wow!

A commemorative plaque for conquering the Battle Arena.

The washroom key for Turtle’s Paradise.

Yuffie’s boomerang! :O

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Perhaps you could try making a copy of Aerith's flowers? Though I imagine trying to carve the curve of the flower petals would be real tough.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Buster sword in the ground with a ribbon tied to the handle.

That would be cool. Maybe include the other characters weapons too. Kind of like ff10

A wooden Seto with spears sticking out — that would require a lot of work and detail, wow!

A commemorative plaque for conquering the Battle Arena.

The washroom key for Turtle’s Paradise.

Yuffie’s boomerang! :O

The Seto one would definitely be difficult. Especially since I'm new into woodworking.
I really like the idea of a commemorative plaque for the battle arena. Something like that can fit with other media of art, and wouldn't stick out. A box of Gold Saucer tokens would be pretty cool too.

Perhaps you could try making a copy of Aerith's flowers? Though I imagine trying to carve the curve of the flower petals would be real tough.

I like that one! That would definitely be something I give my girlfriend. She loves flowers.

Top Bottom