World of Warcraft: Shadowlands

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
So since I'm sure that at least 52.679% of the gaming population actively plays World of Warcraft, I'd like to know what server and faction those individuals play on, since there's always the chance of finding one another.

On Terenas (PVE), I play Alliance:
Lerouge (80 rogue)
Cinnanilla (lowbie something paladin)

...but lately I've gone back to my alma mater Sargeras (PVP), where I play Horde:
Sindelle (67 rogue)
Lucindalyn (64ish death knight)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Re: onoes a WoW thread D:

I used to play it for a bit, but left the official servers after two weeks (or something) and played on a not too legal server for a while, mainly because it had much higher XP rates.

Got Ground to level 70, got bored, haven't played it since :monster:. Srsly, having to grind for months on end just to get where all the cool kids are isn't my idea of a good game.

Rem

Lv. 25 Adventurer

onoes is right, hehe. I just quit (again) a few weeks ago. I'm surprised this doesn't have more replys.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

Yeah, me too, actually. A friend of mine is still playing it (illegally), but he can't find any good illegal servers, lol :monster:.

It's also interesting that there's a lot of MMO's that attempt to be just as popular, but all fail - Tabula Rasa's getting its plug pulled, and Age of Conan's member amount has dropped massively since its initial release, reaching a peak 3 months in, but it dropping ever since.

Rem

Lv. 25 Adventurer

I suspect WoW is so popular becuase;

- it copies so much from other games/takes the best from elsewhere
- very casual friendly now
- has a simple but colorful style

Those other mmo's often have better graphics but their style is less appealing I find. Maybe its mostly to do with the style of the graphics? *shrugs*

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

The style's a bit more cartoony for WoW, yes, but nothing surprisingly original. The other 'large' ones, like er, Lineage 2, all do have a similar style though. A lot of the Korean ones have that too, all have a similar graphical style for their website, etc.

The main thing that irks me with WoW is that everyone seems hell-bent on getting up to level 60 70 80, while that takes forever. I mean, I've been playing it on a server that had 10 or 20 times more XP than you'd usually have, and it still took me forever to get to the max (at the time) of 70. And after that, there wasn't anything left.

Of course, that was on an illegal server, so that might not be representative. I played it on the official ones for two weeks or so, and somehow that seemed more entertaining, with active guilds and people still going to the low-level instances and whatnot.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex

I play. Level 80 full t7.5 Protection Warrior. Pew pew tankzorz.
The game is now terrible for people who raided hardcore back in TBC and Vanilla WoW. It's too easy, and now everyone can have epics and the like, so there's no merit or value in raiding whatsoever.
Anyway my character =
Hoshiko (80) PVP Outland EU

mrs.firehahahahahaha

Lv. 1 Adventurer

[quote author=firehahahahahaha link=topic=331.msg27182#msg27182 date=1236206772]
Gay game
[/quote]

I totally agree. No offense to those who enjoy it though..

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne

I actually canceled my account last week, and probably haven't played since I made the original post. xD

May go back to Vanguard or Age of Conan. Dunno. Say what you will about those games but I found them both fun. D:

lakku

cheezburger
AKA
Just lakku, everywhere.
"BRING BACK VANILLA WOW!!!!111"

I used to play WoW :P Or... used to. I quit for good 1 month ago :D Had 80 DK, 72 rogue and other various characters. Nothing could keep my interests up anymore. Classic WoW was the golden time. I loved the feeling of the game, fresh and new. TBC spawned all these eznes and Wotlk, oh man... was it easy. Welfare epics suck. You can't have the feeling anymore that you're unique because you have purple items :)

I sure remember my first tier 1 pieces on my warlock and rogue. Now everyone at lvl 80 who isn't raiding can run at full purples. Legendary lost it status too when Black Temple was released, every rogue had those damn Illidan blades.

Altho I started at the EU release, I quit WoW before TBC release and started playing again before wotlk. I feel like it's time to quit the game for good :P There's nothing that keeps my interest anymore only if Blizzard invents a time machine I can go back to playing classic WoW with the same feeling I used to have :D

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
WoW is my FAVOURITE movie! :awesome:

Elijah Wood's acting is so good.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I hate the game for various reasons of which I won't bore you with.

I should probably sell my unused copies of the game, get something back from them at at least.

Also, enjoy. I'm told it's a really fun game.

Megatron

tits or gtfo
AKA
Moo, Meuterei, Destroyer of Worlds
I'm in a hardcore raid guild (80 DK on Thrall), but I'm "semi-retired" these days since I'm kinda busy being in the middle of a divorce and about to move back to the US (someone got a crash pad and a work visa for me? I don't wanna go :( ).

My guild has 6 Ulduar bosses down so far, so things are looking good, I can't wait to get back in the groove.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Merged with existing WoW thread.

Edit: Also editing thread title for better search results etc.

Midnyte92

Mage-Like Girl
AKA
Air
I played it for a few months but I have stopped playing for a while until i get my holidays, It's not my favourite game but It gets good when my friend comes on and we do crazy things

Last edited:

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
I started WoW with vanilla, and had a 60 NE Druid for a long time. I liked my Druid, and was in a big but very good-natured guild. That MC Raiders song perfectly described my weekends for a time then, too. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjmJCy1ksYY)

For a time I really wanted to switch to Horde, mostly for PvP. I had a couple of Horde toons, but I was a guild officer at the time and couldn't devote a lot of play time to them. But then BC came out and finally a bunch of my guildy friends and I switched factions--so I ended up with a mage and a hunter on that side, too.

I played on and off during BC, but quit for good shortly after Wrath came out. And I'm so fucking glad I quit. I'm freeeeee!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
A friend of mine swears by druids. He can get into loads of parties / instances because he can be very good at taking / dsp and healing at the same (ish) time.

Off course, he h4x3s and plays in servers that have over nine thousaaand XP rates, but eh :monster:.

If I had shitloads of time to waste and was bored mindless, I'd probably pick it up again.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
Aye, I'd swear by my Druid as well, but Druids are almost unrecognizable now compared to how they were back in the day--gimp as hell in just about everything but healing. They were pigeonholed into it to a good degree like the other hybrid classes for raiding, but you couldn't even respec for PvP to take a break from it as a Druid. Oh well, I liked to heal so that wasn't a huge deal, but I'm much more proud now to see how far the class has come.

Sigh, now here I am getting all nostalgic. /wipes tear

Megatron

tits or gtfo
AKA
Moo, Meuterei, Destroyer of Worlds
My guild cleared Ulduar this past monday and I missed it :(

Hopefully I'll be back to full time raiding once I get re-settled though.

Summoner Yuna

Yuna+Sefiros=ETERNAL LOVE OKAY
AKA
Summoner Yuna, Rosie O'Donnell
I raided Sunwell.. when it was challenging and fun.

Now I just wank around.

WoW isnt fun. it's addictive in a retarded way because you dont really see why you should give a fuck about doing it, but you do it anyway.
I played the free 10-day trial twice, and played it almost exclusivly during the time I could. and then on my 16th day or something I just asked myself, why was I doing it? I had no fucking idea.

stopped playing immedietly, went and played fun games

Xelazander

sunglasses at night
AKA
alexx
You can't get the sense of it from playing the trial, that's what's retarded.

I was in a the 19th guild in the world to clear ulduar then sold my account for £300 ;D

Now I'm raiding hardcore again, just killed the last boss of the game Lich King 25 Heroic, but it doesn't really compare to Sunwell times.

I've raided hardcore every expansion and I agree it's too casual friendly now.

Anyways, sorry for necromancy!

I'm an 80 DK, Xolan, on Khadgar EU.

Top Bottom