Worlds Adrift

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
https://www.worldsadrift.com/

So this is extremely premature as the game is still in early alpha stages but I just discovered it tonight and had to share it.

So the premise is basically Minecraft(yaaaay another one) , Survival, Real physics set in an open sky populated by floating islands that you traverse via grapple hook and air ships.

Here's some Pre-Alpha gameplay its worth watching but if you want a quick look at something really awesome I HIGHLY suggest skipping to about 2:55 in (Fans of that awesome Spiderman game on PS1 will be really excited ;) )

From what I've seen the Aesthetic and Premise have completely sold me I can't wait for it to come out.

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I like the idea of this, I like how he says you don't have to level up or worry about eating and shit. Cos I've never found that fun.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I like the idea of this, I like how he says you don't have to level up or worry about eating and shit. Cos I've never found that fun.

Yeah same here as well actually. I used to think I liked that aspect of games but I only ever really liked it in Fallout New Vegas' hardcore mode.

In most games I played like this eating etc. often was just a chore I enjoyed interacting with the world ,hunting, building, exploring etc. Having to forage for food just slowed that down.

What really really blew my mind was there applications of the different rules of the game with in itself. Not sure how to explain it but like when I saw that engine roll down the hill as the were building the ship things just clicked for me.

It was great seeing them talk about how 2 people would not be able to bring that engine back up that hill , but if they put those mini levitating items on it they would be able to together. Applications of physics and consistent rules etc. In games is awesome. Like in this game if you wanted you could freaking hide canons behind paneling in your ship, shoot out that paneling with said canons and surprise attack another ship that thought you weren't armed lol.

There's also a moment in the game where they fire a canonball off a ship and the guy is able to grapple to it and use it as a make shift catapult.

This game is so refreshingly ambitious. I really cant wait.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The movement mechanic is neat, :monster:

The rest... not so much, poor animations and shit as usual, plus IDK if they can make it into an actual game. So much 'survival' games out there that just stagnated once they got enough money. It's like they build their mechanics, then just have no clue how to turn it into a game.

Or maybe that's just me :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
The poor animations is due to said animations not existing yet :monster:

They said a majority of things in the videos are place holder (UI) or don't even exist yet (grapple hook firing animation) lol

Top Bottom