• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Worst Game You Played in 2008

Yukitsune

Rookie Adventurer
Didn't see one, so...

What were the worst games that you'd been playing through 2008? Which games did you waste money on, while you were looking through the local game store for something to play?

The only one for me that comes to mind is Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. They really should never have made that game.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
[quote author=Yuki link=topic=491.msg16241#msg16241 date=1234205105]
Didn't see one, so...The only one for me that comes to mind is Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. They really should never have made that game.
[/quote]

Wasn't great, was it? I think they couldn't decide what kind of RPG they wanted to make. I found the gameplay hectic, with zergrushing and all sorts. I didn't mind the story too much, but it was obviously watered down for Nintendo.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I can't remember spending money on games in '08, let alone bad ones :monster:. Although if I had to name a large title that wasn't as good, I'd say Prince of Persia (the new 'un). Graphically and (base) gameplay-likely awesome and neat, but in terms of difficulty, repetitivity, lack of difficulty curve and anticlimatic slash nonsensical ending made it sux.

Yukitsune

Rookie Adventurer
[quote author=Masamune link=topic=491.msg16325#msg16325 date=1234214101]
Wasn't great, was it? I think they couldn't decide what kind of RPG they wanted to make. I found the gameplay hectic, with zergrushing and all sorts. I didn't mind the story too much, but it was obviously watered down for Nintendo.
[/quote]

lol, and that's an understatement. :monster:
You're probably right on the point that they couldn't think of the kind of RPG they wanted to make from it, but they could have done a lot better with the kind of RPG they did end up creating. I'd have personally preferred the kind of RPG (battle style) the original was; at least that is one thing FFX-2 managed to get right.
(lol, FFX-2; horrible storyline, good battle system. FFXII: RW; horrible battle system, good storyline - a complete reversal)

The storyline was, for the part of it I actually managed to see, decent, but I couldn't check the whole story out because it got overshadowed by the shoddy battle system; particularly in the part where you go after Balthier on a mountain, or whatever. I didn't get any further than that. Damn, I have never seen a battle go so crazily. Ever.

I can agree on the 'watered-down for Nintendo' comment; particularly when considering the huge jump from PS2 to DS. If they wanted to make a sequel, they should have at least put it on the PS2, or failing that, the Wii.

You know, I've just now noticed that Square have some horrific luck, when it comes to video game sequels.

Top Bottom