WoW : Legion

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
New expac is right around the corner. I know I'm probably the only one who is gonna play it here but I know theres a few ex players or general MMO players around here and am curios what you guys think.

Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Over all though I think the new areas look beautiful and after toying with the reworked classes and specs in prepatch the last few days I gotta say the new lore friendly specs are actually really fun (unholy DK is just solid good fun).

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I am unsure if I want to get back into WoW to try this or not. I haven't played since Cataclysm.

Cjiadon

Blueberry
I am in a raiding guild so I will definitely be playing it. :) My husband and three of our friends are also in the guild with us, but one of them lives in another state so he is flying out to the rest of us and spending the first week of the release here so I am really looking forward to that.

Only this is... raids will likely unlock right when I am due to deliver. Not sure how that's going to work out but my GM is super chill so it'll be okay one way or the other.

My husband and I spent a fair amount of time in the beta. We pretty much did about 90% of non-raiding content and I quite liked almost all of it. The only major complaints I really have involve the city of Suramar but that's just because the mechanics they had during the beta in there were not working well at all.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I want to like it, but you need a guild for that, else it's just a very boring single player grind game. That goes for all MMO's though. IDK, I'm not very social myself / need to be invited or something. This is irl too :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Spoilers all over my FB feed.

They killed off Varian???

Must...resist...resub...

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe

Must...resist...resub...

Yup. It happens during the Broken Shore Scenario event which you can play through when your level 98 I believe. I've done it on my Paladin and Death Knight. A few other notable heroes/leaders also
die in this event as well.

Idk if you saw the cinematic for it but it was awesome, sad , epic. It really hit a lot of emotional notes. I'm really sad to see him go , his lore is so bad ass and it's tough to see him go in such a fucked up way.

Hopefully Anduin stops being such a punk and steps up to the plate xD

heres the cinematic if you havent seen it

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Spent the last couple of days playing this and levelling to max. Easily the best expansion they've released by a long way.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
I've been needing a new game to play and I have a two week pass for WoW.... should I get into it?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Must...resist...resub...

Yup. It happens during the Broken Shore Scenario event which you can play through when your level 98 I believe. I've done it on my Paladin and Death Knight. A few other notable heroes/leaders also

Idk if you saw the cinematic for it but it was awesome, sad , epic. It really hit a lot of emotional notes. I'm really sad to see him go , his lore is so bad ass and it's tough to see him go in such a fucked up way.

Is this a temporary event? I'd love to play it but I'm not at that level. I think my highest was 85 when I stopped.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I think I did like 12 years ago. Probably got chucked out at some point. :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe

Must...resist...resub...

Is this a temporary event? I'd love to play it but I'm not at that level. I think my highest was 85 when I stopped.

I'm not sure. I wan't to believe it might be the starting quest line for the expansion content, how ever the scenario plays out in a Raid instance with 20 other people so it also might be temporary.

You missed out on easy leveling. For like 3 weeks leading into the expac there were invasion events every hour basically that let you reset them by logging out and they scaled to your level from like 15-100. So you could power level really fast doing them =/

The expansion so far has been so good. Content and Story wise. It's really delivering and if you are a fan of the story or gameplay it's pretty worth the 15$ to give it a month to experience.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The broken shore scenario isn't temporary, though it is the beginning of the Legion questline. Fairly sure you need to be at least level 98 to begin it.
If I'm not mistaken, purchase of Legion still comes with a free booster to get a character to 100.

In other news, all my friends are salty because I picked up a legendary i895 ring last night. They've been more passionate and dedicated WoW players for years and can't get over my item progression being further along. They even took this week off work to play. :closedmonster:

This expansion is seriously good though. At first I thought it was on par with WotLK but it seems even better. ^_^

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
So I started playing a while back as some of you may be aware.

I have a Blood Elf Hunter that like level 33 or 34 atm, but I haven't played in a few days because I've been pretty busy.

Would like to get lvl 40 for the mount upgrade. Generally leveling in this game is a lot like SWTOR except there are more quests. Also trying to figure out how to get into other areas is a bit confusing, I.E I spent 20 minutes trying to get on a Zeppelin into Northern Stangehold, and in there I just did more dungeons.

Hope the game gets more exciting as I get farther up leveling.

Top Bottom