Yaccbs' Nominee Q and A thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
In the Moderator Q and A threads, every member is allowed to ask potential moderator candidates questions to more completely gauge how you think they'd act as a mod. They are free to answer or not answer these questions as they like. I would ask that you keep the questions and answers fairly serious, since you're trying to determine if each nominee will be a good fit as a moderator. Now, don't think you can't have any fun with this, just don't completely lose the plot for jokes I'd also ask that you not use these threads to pursue vendettas or cause trouble, as it would be rude to the nominees.
Threads will remain open for half a week, after which a voting thread will be opened.

That said, this is the Q and A thread for Yaccy, so get to it.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
a member reports a post and you are unsure of the circumstances behind the report, because it was written in a vague manner. when asked why the post was reported, you continue to get vague and unclear answers. how do you respond?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I'm gonna ask all the nominees this one:

A member who you consider a close friend is being a dick/is violating the rules/being a naughty little piglet - their post/s have been reported, and you are the only mod available to deal with it.

What do?

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
a member reports a post and you are unsure of the circumstances behind the report, because it was written in a vague manner. when asked why the post was reported, you continue to get vague and unclear answers. how do you respond?

> Ask other mods to see if they have any idea what the balls is going on.
> Explain to the reporting member that I can't go handing out warnings or infractions or even discuss the issue with the offending poster if I don't actually know what the issue is. Ask for more details - if they continue to be vague and shit then tough luck for them, I'll be around and ready to listen if they want to get more specific but otherwise I would take no further action.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I'm gonna ask all the nominees this one:

A member who you consider a close friend is being a dick/is violating the rules/being a naughty little piglet - their post/s have been reported, and you are the only mod available to deal with it.

What do?

> Talk to them in person on msn or skype and tell them that I love them but they're being massive dicks so now I've got to give you a warning/infraction/whatever (action depending on the severity of the dickishness/rule-breaking).

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Like Octo I'm going to ask everyone the same question and see who answers it best, IMO: if you were made mod what's the first thing you'd do?

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Like Octo I'm going to ask everyone the same question and see who answers it best, IMO: if you were made mod what's the first thing you'd do?

> Replace every image in the smiley database with various Nic Cage reaction gifs.

e570dae4ca45ee88948e149bca555320.gif

Otherwise, nothing in particular. I see no need for any massive revolution. The major issue of communication is already well on its way to being resolved, so I guess I'd just encourage continued mod/member chats and more mod feedback/transparency.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
A question for all nominees:

You discover that a member has been talking shit about TLS outside the forum, but continues to visit/post here like nothing happened. Nobody else in TLS seem to be aware about it. How will you deal with it?

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
A question for all nominees:

You discover that a member has been talking shit about TLS outside the forum, but continues to visit/post here like nothing happened. Nobody else in TLS seem to be aware about it. How will you deal with it?

> I wouldn't. If it's outside TLS, it's outside TLS. I'm not gonna start policing people for the opinions they post elsewhere.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
In the nomination thread you said that there were other, better candidates. What makes you think they would be better?

Consider this to be like the "what are your weaknesses?" question in many job interviews :)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Another question for all the nominees:

What would you do to promote inclusion/encourage participation from shyer/quieter/less active members? (Not just new members)

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Follow-up question to my first one:

I'd like to reverse Unlucky's question, kind of: TLS members have beef with each other that started outside of TLS but has now spilled out onto the forum. How would you deal with the situation? Bearing in mind that as much of the trouble occured off site and you have no frame of reference/are unable to take that into consideration?

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
In the nomination thread you said that there were other, better candidates. What makes you think they would be better?

Consider this to be like the "what are your weaknesses?" question in many job interviews :)

> I simply feel that some of the other candidates (Brooke, Belle, Dac, namely) are more well-spoken and involved than I. Plus all three of them have already proven themselves in other situations.

Another question for all the nominees:

What would you do to promote inclusion/encourage participation from shyer/quieter/less active members? (Not just new members)

> I'd just try to be friendly and open with people. There's no real way to force people to interact more - I think the best you can do is just create a welcoming and encouraging atmosphere.

Unlucky said:
I'd like to reverse Unlucky's question, kind of: TLS members have beef with each other that started outside of TLS but has now spilled out onto the forum. How would you deal with the situation? Bearing in mind that as much of the trouble occured off site and you have no frame of reference/are unable to take that into consideration?

> Try to get at least a basic idea of what the issue is, and get the members talking to each other in a less formal medium (msn/skype/IRC/whatever) and see if their differences can't be resolved. If they refuse to talk to each other or are unsuccessful at making any sort of truce, tell them to leave their beef off TLS. If they continue dramaing up the forums and shit really gets out of hand, start handing out warnings/infractions as the situation necessitates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom