• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Yet another meaningless mention of the FF7 remake

ForceStealer

Double Growth
They bring it up themselves just to say they're not making it. Okay.

Sad news for Final Fantasy VII fans because Square Enix has stated that new Final Fantasy titles “take precedence” over a remake of the much-loved classic.

In an interview in Japanese magazine Famitsu (translated by Gemsatsu) Character Designer Tetsuya Nomura said, “There are a lot of people who want a remake of Final Fantasy VII. However, new titles take precedence. We work our hardest to make something that might be even better than Final Fantasy VII. The new Final Fantasy must overcome the Final Fantasy of the past.”

He also expressed his belief that series producer Yoshinori Kitase is the future of the Final Fantasy series, and urged fans to trust the direction he takes it in.

Desire for a remake has been high since a tech demo for the Playstation 3 showed Cloud, Aerith and the bustling streets of Midgar in High Definition.

However, new titles take precedence.

Yeah! New Final Fantasies! You know, like FFXIII-3!

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I was trying to come up with a response to this article but all that happened was I did a nasty eggy burp. :/

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I've kind of reached a point where, if it's not Versus or the FFX HD remaster I don't care. :P

I mean man, I remember Versus was announced before XII was released...

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The new Final Fantasy must overcome the Final Fantasy of the past
I'm not sure "overcome" is exactly the word he wanted to use, but it feels very appropriate. The series needs to shake off its recent past and all the bad feeling that it has engendered amongst fans. It won't, though.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I've reached a point where I don't care what they do, as long as it's something I can kind of enjoy. I've lost faith in the way they deal with everything. The only hope is that, every now and then, some of their games will be good.

I, for one, am looking forward to a hypothetic FFXIII-3. Of course, I'd want to see a FFversusXIII or FF7 remake. But since we know the way they deal with stuff is just stupid, I'll just try to enjoy whatever they create, even if I'd rather have something else.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
“There are a lot of people who want a remake of Final Fantasy VII. However, new titles take precedence. We work our hardest to make something that might be even better than Final Fantasy VII. The new Final Fantasy must overcome the Final Fantasy of the past.”

.....Wow, seriously? Sorry guys, Yasumi Matsuno already beat you to the punch six fucking years ago. Keep trying though! You're doing a.....uumm...well, nevermind that. Just keep doing...something?

The only fucking thing you need to worry about overcoming are horsebirds, action corridors and shiny rocks, at this point.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
If my life had an episode guide, I'm sure that this would be the episode in which I realize that my relationship with Square-Enix is one of domestic abuse. D:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
The only fucking thing you need to worry about overcoming are horsebirds, action corridors and shiny rocks, at this point.

I didn't even know about 'horsebirds' until I looked it up, now I am sad because my face and palm are not big enough to express my feelings.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
You mean like a typo? Or that its always been 'horsebirds' and nobody in the west noticed until recently? :huh:

EDIT: Ok so I looked it up and from what I can gather it was something changed for the Chinese market? Still seems weird. I wonder if they've changed the name for Moogles too? 'Bearmice' 'Batbears' ?

Edit: To be honest a part of me died when I realised it was pronounced 'Choke-oboes' instead of 'Chok-oboes'

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
EDIT: Ok so I looked it up and from what I can gather it was something changed for the Chinese market? Still seems weird. I wonder if they've changed the name for Moogles too? 'Bearmice' 'Batbears' ?

Edit: To be honest a part of me died when I realised it was pronounced 'Choke-oboes' instead of 'Chok-oboes'

Actually if I recall correctly the term moogle is some sort pf portmanteau of the Japanese words for two different animals.

And I always said Choke-oboes...

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Actually if I recall correctly the term moogle is some sort pf portmanteau of the Japanese words for two different animals.

You're right, its meant to be 'mole' and 'bat'. Though I've never been sure if the Japanese know what the fuck a mole was ever since playing Mole Patrol on Nintendoscope.

And I always said Choke-oboes...

You're dead to me. :@

:awesome:

I just thought Chok-oboe made more sense because it rhymes with Bok as in 'bok bok bok' y'know? Like Chickens?

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
This thread + babelfish =
lmaow.gif

Top Bottom