Your Favorite Appearances of FFVII Characters!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Thanks to FFVII's immense popularity, the characters have all appeared in numerous other games.

And thanks to these appearances, they've had numerous other looks beyond their original FFVII depictions.

So I was curious to see what everyone's favorite look was for each of the various characters.

For me, my favorite look for Cloud is
33vdc15.jpg

Aside from its obvious badassery :desu:, another reason his AC is my favorite is because it's the look that most represents Cloud untied to his past illusion as Zack and being his own hero.

However, my second favorite look is
wt67hu.jpg

I remember seeing his appearance in Kingdom Hearts and being totally fascinated and amazed at how cool and different it looked. The dark motif and callback to Vincent was impressive to me back in 2002. And it's stuck with me ever since. :mon:

For Sephiroth, my favorite is
ay7yh5.png

I simply love how extravagant it looks. The way the coat flairs out is fucking great in how exaggerated it all is. The arm-wings are a bonus. It's like Sephiroth saw a Hot Topic and said, "Yes...This is perfect." :mon:

I don't want a subdued outfit for Sephiroth. I want it turned up to 11.

My second favorite outfit for him is
j7g1vt.jpg

Not as over the top but it's got that Amano flair that's just perfect. The Wing-like waist sash, belt, the bracelets and everything else are wonderful. :mon:

For Yuffie, my favorite is
217chu.jpg

This outfit doesn't get nearly as much love as it should. I'm honestly not that big a fan of her AC look. The DC looks way more athletic and fitting for her. It's just adorable and awesome. I find it way cooler. Her original outfit is probably my 2nd favorite.

And finally, my favorite outfit for Tifa is
swqwzd.png
Which I think looks badass and sporty for someone who's gonna kick ass with her bare fists. The Black and white coloration works perfect with her and is a great call back to her original outfit as well.

My second favorite of her's is
atrdba.png

It's a shame she doesn't rock the western style anymore. Guess she grew out of it :mon:

It's my sincerest wish that the remake of FFVII allows you to change the appearance of all the characters into various looks from across the series. That'd be too fucking fun. What are all your favorites and why!

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Tifa’s cowgirl outfit from CC is very different from her OG appearance:

314%20-%20ff7%20sephiroth%20tifa%20zack.png

As for me I’m pretty boring. I like the OG designs of all the cast, with honorable mention to the Amano outfit of Cloud from Dissidia:

iI9znx6.jpg

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I personally think Advent Children absolutely nailed Sephiroth.
tumblr_oo2d2saBF71vrtvtlo1_500.gif

Crisis Core's rendition of the unmodified SOLDIER First Class is very strong, I look forward to having a proper playavle section with Cloud in it for the first time in the nibelheim flashback.
orig.gif

Beyond that I'm quite partial to the original game.

I hate Tifa's outfit in Crisis Core
VIICC_Tifa.jpg
She's fifteen years old in this picture.
She looks like mentally subnormal jailbait.
I can only suppose she was going though her 'rebellious' teen phase. But dear god that outfit is appalling in every way.

Reactions: Ite

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
KH Cloud definitely looks badass. I actually have that figurine on a shelf. Unfortunately, the buster sword broke twice and this last time I haven’t bothered gluing it back.

But anyways, and with that being said, OG Cloud is still my favorite. I like all their OG looks honestly. Although, I think remake Cloud and gang will take over. Barret and Cloud look freaking amazing.

And who knew Jessie was so hot?!?! Dayum, girl, you can show me Midgar’s layout any time. ? Oh, and I’m not going to get pictures for you guys because you already know what everyone looks like and I’m too lazy. Good DAY sir!

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
AC Tifa's costume is great.

AC Sephiroth would be great if his sword was a bit shorter.

Lose the random belts, including that one over her shoulder, and Dirge Yuffie looks good. Dirge Reeve also looks good.

Genesis is also well dressed. Angeal is in standard SOLDIER gear so doesn't really count.

Top Bottom