• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Your favorite Compilation of FFVII Secondary Characters

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
They're the characters that sometimes get forgotten but make any game memorable.

They're the secondary, NPC characters you meet.

With all the original and Compilation of FFVII characters you meet, which ones stood out to you the most that you liked? And hell, bring up some you didn't like either. :monster:

I'll list favorites for each title.

FFVII: There are a lot, of course. My favorites are Ester of Chocobo Racing, Choco Bob & Billy, Johnny, and that really annoying guy in a red suit on the Shinra Train in Midgar that always got irritated by AVALANCHE coming into the same car he's in. I loved how he kept trying to speak up to Barret XDDD I also loved the insane Chocosage that lived in the mountains too.

AC: The moogle girl. Self explanatory.

DC: That Sierra WRO pilot who has a chocobo at the Chocobo Ranch. She was cute. I seriously hope Nero didn't kill her :monster: Also, all those WRO guys Vincent has to protect in the train graveyard. I'm glad Vincent saved their asses.

CC: CC is awesome with their NPCs. Kunsel is by far my favorite. I sure hope he quit Shinra before anything bad happened XDDDD The materia scientists on the SOLDIER floor also were nice. And finally there's that annoying SOLDIER 3rd Class Zack had to keep doing missions for, and Luxiere. Those were all my favs.

So what about yours? :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
None of em.

I find them all uninteresting.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
You negative sonofabitch.

The least you could do is state the ones you hate then, you hate filled man.

Don Corneo. Not because I like him; I hate him and feel utterly disgusted by him. But that is a feat for a game so he is a favorite.

Shinra Manager has to be one of my favorites too. I like it how he seems to be so discarded by Shinra, and just keeps on sleeping in Junon.

Then there are the Shinra Soldiers during your Underwater Reactor raid.
"The one who survives gets to date that girl!"
'But...what if we both...'
"Don't even think about it!"
WTF? And the soldiers desperation for their lives when you take the sub. The whole segment and its characters seemed like an attempt to make you think "I am actually killing people who are just doing their job!". This segment alone makes me understand why the characters post-FFVII feel so guilty.

Basically, any NPC in Junon is likeable to me.

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=257.msg6064#msg6064 date=1231186471]
You negative sonofabitch.

The least you could do is state the ones you hate then, you hate filled man.
[/quote]
Cool it, you know that's just his style. Then again your response may not be emotional either... Hmm, it can be hard to understand the internet personalities of this forum's main characters.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
@Shademp

It's okay, Dacon knows I love his hate filled heart. :monster:

Seriously, we're only kidding around.

But yeah, the Shinra Manager is hilarious. He's lucky though. At least he didn't get a Masamune to the face. And I totally forgot about those Shinra troopers in the sub. I never killed them. I liked them too much as well.

I think I ceased killing the sub Shinra troopers around...year 2003 or 2004. Maybe that was the time I first developed empathy for polygon characters. =D
After that I've always let them stay alive.

Though this is about favorite compilation characters, I must mention one that I DON'T like, and who is from DoC. While I've never actually played the game myself, I've read the script and seen playthroughs. In Midgar there is a WRO soldier who mentions being a relative to one of the AVALANCHE members (either Biggs or Wedge). I hate it because it is such a desperate attempt to tie the game in with the original; it feels wrong.

But back to favorites. I think one of the characters in Wutai remarks your entrance into their house, "don't worry grandpa, that's just some strangers who barged into our house". Yet another fourth wall break :monster:

I also like the comedian in Rocket Town very much. If you haven't heard his jokes, which are "spoken" right before the Rocket launches, I recommend anyone to look it up.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
WRO Member: You know, I was born in Midgar.
WRO Member: My brother and I used to play here all the time.
My mom didn't approve, though.
WRO Member: After she died, my brother joined a Shinra resistance group,
but was killed when the plate fell and...
WRO Member: I can't believe this place is still here.

Honestly, I thought that was a rather nice, subtle nod to the original game. It's something only a perceptive fan would catch. I don't see it as hard to swallow that either Biggs or Wedge (and I love how they don't even specify which one, which makes sense because in the heat of war, they aren't going to go into details) would have a sister. We never knew anything of their pasts before they joined AVALANCHE, and it shows that they weren't forgotten, which really made their deaths that much more somber. We never know anything about them or how they connected to anyone else, save for the AVALANCHE members. It's not that desperate at all like other things in DC, given how subtle it is.

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
FF7-lol sub Shinra troopers, I killed them once and only once. After that, they became prisoners of war -_^

Let me think on the other titles.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The Shinra troops that talk about dating the girl are on the elevator down to the reactor.

The Shinra troops on the sub are the same ones that help Cloud in the Rufus Welcoming Parade. So I always let them live.

I rather like that whole sequence because all the guards know who you are and are afraid of you. IT really gave you a sense of the renown the team had gained. I like the guys in the back of the sub (not the bridge) "Uh, sir, maybe you shouldn't piss them off." 8)

I like the guy at the train station. It looks like it's the same guy in the flashbacks, which made me a bit sad. I don't even remember what he says now, but I remember he made me a bit sad.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The train station attendant chose to stay at the train station and die, when the Sector 7 plate was dropped. That's probably why you feel sad. He said that he's seen many people come and go, and that he wanted to die there.

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=257.msg6160#msg6160 date=1231201136]
The train station attendant chose to stay at the train station and die, when the Sector 7 plate was dropped. That's probably why you feel sad. He said that he's seen many people come and go, and that he wanted to die there.
[/quote]

Well, at least he got his wish thanks to Shinra inc. :monster:

[/quote]

Ya, that's it. He seemed to really like his job, watching all the people, and then he dies. :(

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[/quote]

Did he really die though? In DoC the train graveyard wasn't crushed by the plate.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
I never gave much importance to secondary NPC characters.

But there was a girl in Junon who had a crush on Cloud. I thought it was cute.

...I don't remember anyone else, at the moment.

[quote author=sephirothpaine link=topic=257.msg6220#msg6220 date=1231220505]Did he really die though? In DoC the train graveyard wasn't crushed by the plate.[/quote]

And in DoC, the Shinra building was intact, even after Sephiroth destroyed the top of it, in AC. :monster:

Seriously, don't waste your time trying to understand Midgar.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Yishay and Sebastian (might of spelled thier names wrong) from Before Crisis I thought had a really cool story with Zack.

I thought Joe the chocobo rider had a funny mention in Crisis Core where he saved that woman in LOVELESS ave.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
There's a girl on the train early in Midgar who gets off at the same stop as you and you can see her walk through Sector 8. She has short, spiky red hair, a black jacket, black skirt, red top, and brown boots.

...I just really liked her outfit. o_o I thought it was way too epic for a nameless NPC who doesn't even get any dialogue.

There's also a cute NPC in Corel with her hair in a ponytail that comes out through the back of a baseball cap. She's also, like, the only black person in FF7 besides Barret. I liked her look, too! ><

I also liked Cloud's mother, if she counts. She's just so...mother-like. All that fussing about what he's been eating and when he's going to get a girlfriend, and how most of what he remembers is her saying his name a bunch because in the short time of him visiting Nibelheim, she's talking to him about something or another like every single damn minute (is that Cloud's mom or mine? =| ), and then the last thing is "I will always be your mother." It's so touching, even though we don't really get to see him connected to any parents. It reminds us that he was, and lets us speculate on what his family might have been like.

Top Bottom