Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Hey lookit me, I'm making a poll! Pick your favorite FFVI character. EVERYONE BETTER PICK LOCKE.

Fangu

Great Old One
Dear lord no!!!! I can't choose!! :(
I have to think long and hard about this... (thought will probably end up choosing Terra. No Celes. No, Locke. Sabin. Cyan. DAMN!!)

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Easy choice of Celes. I love her for so many reasons. ;w; I think that out of all of the characters, she develops the most by the end of the game. She's tough, but she has her breaking point. And I like that she has a ~secret~ romantic side to her. Everyone has also got to love her "Opera Floozy" line. :awesome: She's probably the greatest female in FF history, imo. =w=

But I also really love Locke and Setzer as my next choices. ;w;

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
=o someone voted for shadow! You must come forward and let me love you!

Celes is my second choice. And Locke x Celes forever <3

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Jesus, this is like asking me to choose which child of mine is my favorite. This is wrong on an ethical, familial level.

Setzer :awesome:

Rapunzel

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jibrille
It's impossible for me to chose just one. T_T I can narrow it down to Celes and Locke, but I can't decide between those two.

All the characters are amazing. I want to vote for them all!

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
OH GOD DECISIONS.

I wound up choosing Terra, although Edgar was a close second.

this is probably because I ship Edgar/Terra like crazy

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
terra because she has a lot of problems that she eventually figures out she can solve and she's just wonderful? idk

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Terra, Tina, Miss Branford, The Girl Who Pilots The Magitek Armor, The Girl Who Transforms Into The Esper With The Hot Ass, The Esperkin, and any other nickname you like. IMO one of the best characters in the franchise, deep characterization, lovely design, awesome battle skills, and a shadowy counterpart to Kefka, serving as an example that she could become just as emotionally detached and power-hungry as he is. The best hero-villain pairs are when one represents what the other one could or might be in another life, and with Terra especially it underscores how far she comes, that she's on the edge of becoming just like Kefka and then finds something to ground her and make her a true hero.

Fangu

Great Old One
it underscores how far she comes, that she's on the edge of becoming just like Kefka and then finds something to ground her and make her a true hero.
This. It's what'll probably want me to vote Terra. Her whole journey is honest somehow, as she really is on the tipping board at the referred point -- she could have gone either way, but chose the path we see as good. Which was part of her learning process and character development.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Setzer. Seriously, everyone is awesome in this game but I MUST vote for the badass gambler in the badass longcoat, with a face covered in badass scars. Setzer is badass as fuck, even if he really isn't in gameplay terms :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
That's always my problem with voting for Setzer, is that I almost NEVER use him. And I know you can make him damn near broken if you want, I just don't like the slots and the luck-based stuff. But he is still cool. And there's more to JUST combat ability, if it were jsut that I'd have to give it to Terra because she's freakin unstoppable.
Celes' Rune blade is useful all of twice, but she still gets to use all the badass swords and do a lot of damage. And as Tiff said, her arc is really well done and she's also my favorite female in the series.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Oh man, I still remember the one time I decided to nut up and exploit all that Setzer had to offer; he just wrecked shit off top.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I've tried to "get" Final Fantasy VI so many times - I must have started five different games now, across multiple platforms - but I just can't. I feel sad because everyone says it is one of the truly great FFs, and I feel like I'm missing out, but for some reason I can't motivate myself to play it so much. I know it's a bit shallow to say this, but I'm sure I would love it if it were remade.

In the meantime, the characters that made a lasting impression on me were Shadow and Kefka, and I think I'll vote for Kefka (or actually "Other").

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Celes, it's not even a question. Haven't played the game in years but just her name reminds me of how much of a BAMF she is.

Here's to the first female warrior in FF and the stepping stone for all future great female fighters.

Kefka would be second. Because he's the craziest FF villain ever to exist.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Muscle heads. Hate 'em!

:ultros:

But as he's not on the list, I voted Gau, if only for saying "Thou?" a lot when he meets Cyan / whatever his proper name is.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I think Faris was technically the first female warrior but I could be wrong since I have not played much of that game. That said Celes is truly an awesome character.

I will vote for Cyan though I loved most of the FF6 cast. Cyan 's story is just so tragic and beautiful that I cannot help but be drawn to it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I guess it depends what you make Faris given 5's job system as to whether she's the first warrior or not :P But either way, secretly-female pirate captain is still pretty awesome.

AvecAloes

Donator
Secretly female pirate captain? Um, I might have to add that to the ever growing list of games we're hoping I get to this Spring....

Top Bottom