• Somebody not mentioned on this poll.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Quina

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
Hmm yup, FF9 is awesome so it deserves a thread like this <3

Fav is Zidane because he's kind, sweet, unselfish and he helps others in need <3 Though Princess Garnet comes second because she's so mentally strong and never gives up no matter what crap she goes though.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
GOD HOW CAN I CHOOSE ONLY ONE? To be honest, I love every single FFIX character in one way or another, but Freya is probably my favorite. She's such an amazing character, and out of all of the character quotes, I like hers and Zidane's best. She lost so much and she kept on fighting. She did have her moments where she broke down, but for the most part she listened to her friends and her heart and kept pushing through. She's also the main voice of reason, the comfort, somewhat motherly and protective of the other characters, I just love her so much. The fact that she's a dragoon just ups my fangirlyness. She was always my strongest character alongside Zidane during the game as well, and I love all of her abilities they are the best. I love how dedicated she is to Fratley, too. Even when she finds out that he's forgotten about her it's just ugh, my heart. I like how she's so invested in her people//kingdom and willing to risk her life like that. And she doesn't HAVE to help Zidane and the others, but she does it anyway. So much love. ;w;

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
oh god, I can't choose between garnet and freya! D:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Zidane. Smooth, witty, flirty, powerful, heroic. Also a deeper character than I think people give him credit for. He still has the self-doubt, unknown past and isolation issues as the rest of the past heroes, but instead of it crippling him emotionally and leaving him an angsty brooder, he copes with it by over-compensating and acting bold and confident so others don't realize how he truly feels. Along with Squall and Terra I find him one of the more complex heroes from a psychological standpoint. He's like a male, less bitchy version of Asuka almost.

Ghost X

Steiner would've easily won this for me had he been amusing throughout the game, like he was at the beginning. However, he wasn't so...

I would've picked Amarant because I think he looks awesome, especially in trance, and I like his moves in trance as well. But then I think its a bit shallow to pick based on looks so...

I would've picked Kuja because I think he's an interesting character with a awesome theme music, but I think the music is clouding my ability to reason, so...

I picked Freya. Everyone loves a tragic character, or at least I do. I don't especially find her useful in gameplay, but story trumps stuff like that.

AvecAloes

Donator
Vivi all the way. His story and journey are so beautifully sad. I just wanted to give him a hug, haha. But really, as a black mage he fit the bill perfectly, plus the combo of Steiner and Vivi added another element of awesome. I remember using reflect on Vivi a wholllle heck of a lot, too, which was super handy.

Last edited:

Elisa Maza

Whomst
WHAT IS THIS POLL??? D8 SO difficult!

Zidane? He's my favourite protagonist from the whole FF series, male and female.
Beatrix? I love her hardcore.
Freya? Amazing character and so strong!
Yes, Steiner has a spot in my heart as well. I love the comedy he brings and screw you, fanboys who want only "cool" and "smooth" characters! >(
Vivi? Adorable, tragic and BRAVE Vivi!
Kuja? Flamboyant and redeemable!

Ahhhhh, I can't choose! T.T

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well since I consider Vivi to be the best character in Final Fantasy, period, that makes this choice rather easy. I loved Vivi, he had a lot of power but was fightingboth because he looked up to Zidane and later for the fates of the other black mages. And that dreaful knowledge he'll last a little longer than they but still stop. Very well-told character.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
i rly love freya but i have to say i love garnet a bit more: garnet is such a huge cutie and she's so determined to figure out what's wrong with her mother and she is really the only final fantasy character who shows how painful it is to lose a parent

I MEAN I REALLY LOVE VIVI TOO AND HE BREAKS MY HEART and its really honestly hard for me to pick just one character i love, but i have to go with garnet <3

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Vivi, I just found him the most endearing because he's so innocent. That, and the fact that the fate of Black Mages is actually something we can all relate to. One day we're going to 'stop' too, whether we get one year or 90. I guess the message is to make the most of the time we have.......

Christ, how trite of me :monster:

Vivi is the most adorable thing ever.

I actually bought a plushie of him before I even played the game just because I thought it was a regular black mage and I loved those things.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum

I actually bought a plushie of him before I even played the game just because I thought it was a regular black mage and I loved those things.
i actually won him in an ff9 keychain vending machine (honestly i would have loved anyone except amarant, quina, and steiner i guess) and he had my keys for a long while until he fell off :(

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names

*looks at my AKA field, looks back at Brooke* Mayor Brooke thinks I'm adorable dawwww :monster:

On topic, I haven't gotten to play FFIX as much as I'd like, but it was a difficult choice between Zidane and Vivi for me anyway. So I went with Zidane, because he made me laugh rather than cry, he had an awesome weapon and fighting style, and dude, monkey tail!

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I can't say that I have a favorite.

OMG Cinna? REALLY?

Anyway, I really wanted to give it to Beatrix. From her official intro in Burmecia, you know this chick was serious business. She doesn't whoop your party once, nor twice, but three times! And she does it like a total boss. Yet underneath that cold exterior beats the heart of an honourable warrior who was blinded by her fealty to the crown. And when you actually got TO CONTROL HER. Oh boy. That easily ranks as one of my all time favourite moments in gaming evar. And FFIX wasn't content to give you just ONE taste of Beatrix. Oh no, you had Steiner team-up with her to defend Alexandria from the Mistodons.

However, if I'm being totally honest, it can only be my man Zidane. I've always said that FFIX had the most convincing character development in any FF and Zidane's a vital reason for that. Sure, he was a goofy lecher but he was charming in his own way. I loved his big brother relationship with Vivi and how he looked out for the little guy. He also had a great rapport with the rest of the cast and always seemed to have everyone's number. It was refreshing to have a main character who was human and proactive after the complete teen wangst that was Squall. Even when Zidane went through his Heroic BSOD, he was soon back on his feet and didn't milk it. That's the kinda hero we're talking about Squenix. Remember your roots damnit.

And his theme is absolute perfection. :monster:

Last edited:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
It's a tie between Kuja and Dagger they are just so fucking awesome it's hard to choose.

Kuja's probably my favorite FF villain in general tho

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I love pretty much all the characters in IX, and this was one of the hardest choices ever, but ultimately I had to go with Beatrix basically because of what Masamune said and because I love her theme.

And Freya comes in 2nd place only because we're not allowed to have a tie for 1st and speaking of themes Freya's is askldjklasjdf all mey tragically glorious creys

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I'm gonna go with Steiner simply because I identify with him.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Playing the game again reminded me how I love the characters especially Vivi, Zidane and Garnet. It's really difficult to pick between them but Vivi is my favorite.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Yeah, "You're Not Alone" might as well be Zidane's theme.

Picked Zidane. Although holy shit is this the strongest cast in any FF to date. Everyone was so well developed and with the exception of Quina were absolutely vital to the structure of the story. And even characters I hated on my first playthrough have entertained me thoroughly in the playthroughs since (namely, Eiko and Quina). Even the guests were of top quality -- Blank has about half the screentime of AVALANCHE before he's petrified and it is somehow twice as moving when he goes.

Joppylop

Pro Adventurer
Gotta go with Zidane. He's my favorite FF protagonist, and he was so refreshing after all of Squall's wangst. He starts out seeming really shallow then gets fleshed out into this really kind, compassionate guy. I loved the scene in the Black Mage Village when he cuts it out with the flirting and starts to seriously relate some of his back story to Garnet. It's like someone else said in an earlier post: he's very interesting psychology wise when you start to realize that he's hiding the deepness of his personality with lightheartedness.

Vivi is a very, very close second though. I adore him.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Ah, screw it. My indecision is giving me a headache. >.< I'll vote Zidane after all. He's three-dimensional, proactive, generous, strong in every way and humorous.

The adorable monkey tail is a bonus :3

Beatrix is a very close second. Freya as well. And Vivi...

DAMMIT, NOT AGAIN.

Top Bottom