• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Your Favourite FFXIII character

Well- ?

• Lightning

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Snow

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Hope

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Vanille

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Fang

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Sazh

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Noel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Serah

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
What the title says.

Even though I love Hope and others like Serah, Sazh and Noel.... my favourite has to be Vanille.

Because she just seems so relatable. She tries her hardest to hide her pain and emotions with a happy, yet fake smile. ):

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Should there be a poll...?

Anyway, I will have to abstain from this as I haven't played FFXIII, I don't have the means to do so, and I know virtually know nothing about the game.

Edit: now there is a poll. I guess I was just too quick :P

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
fang

fangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangvfangfangfangvfangfangfangfangfangfangvvfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfangfang

and lightning too

and fangxlightning

HOT.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I don't think it's really fair to put
"UGH LIGHTNING" in a poll for everyhone to vote on just saying

I don't like Lightning either but that's just kinda rude ya know? XP Anyway voted Hope <3

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
I don't think it's really fair to put
"UGH LIGHTNING" in a poll for everyhone to vote on just saying

I don't like Lightning either but that's just kinda rude ya know? XP Anyway voted Hope <3

Sorry... guess you're right...

Can a mod please fix the poll ?

Catherine

coquettish cat
AKA
Itsuki, Vanille, Meruru, Catherine.
Serah Farron, because of a lot reasons that I'm too lazy to put into text now.

Vanille is a really close second though :awesome:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
my favorite character is also the one who gives me the biggest boner

leans back

folds hands

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Fixed the Lightning option, but to put that after Lightning and to then say how much you love Hope but have to give it to Vanille...?

You and I are VERY different people.

Lightning or Sazh are really the only options for me in this poll. I don't have any problems with Fang but Lightning and Sazh were the only two that kept me at all invested in the story. Lightning I like more for what she stands for I think more than anything. I like that she's the only no-nonsense, tough-as-nails, get-shit-down main protagonist in the whole freaking series. Every other one is either a happy-go-lucky adventurer, or an unwilling participant in something they got swept up in. Also I kind of want to vote for her just because of the diss in the original poll option...

Sazh, meanwhile, is simply a magnificent character wiht what may well be the most "real" story in the franchise. When even Lightning was playing XIII's game of "We won't stand for this! Let's keep doing exactly what we were doing!" I wanted to kick Barthandelus' ass for Sazh's sake. To say nothing of one of the most intense scenes ever...

It doesn't hurt that the both of them have absolutely fantastic voice actors. Ali Hillis is a badass and Reno Wilson is perfect. For these two, I would play FFXIII in English over any other language any day of the week.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Easily Fang. I think she's fantastic and it's one of my favorite FF characters. It's a shame her character was wasted in a terrible game. Sazh is pretty cool too.

Joppylop

Pro Adventurer
I went with Sazh. Maybe it's because I have a young son of my own that his story just kinda hit home with me.

Strangely though, considering I'm not much of a fan of FFXIII, there isn't really a character in this game that I dislike. Sure, there are a couple that would annoy me every now and again (Hope and Snow mostly), but then they'd do or say something that would make me like them again. Without Sazh being a father and going through all of this turmoil over his son, it probably would have been a whole lot harder for me to chose in this poll. The rest of the cast are just kinda all on equal footing to me.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Sazh. In the 10 hours I managed to endure the game, he was the only character I didn't want to punch. :monster:

EDIT: I know that I didn't really get to meet Fang, so maybe I'm missing a decent character, but truthfully, I cannot stand the game enough to get her.

Lex

Administrator
Fang. I think she was by far the most interesting character, and pretty much carried the entire story for me. The only one I disliked (intensely) was Sazh.

He was boring and pointless. And boring and pointless. Take him and his son out of the story... you've got the same story. I feel kind of the same about Hope, but he had good character development and didn't have a nest on his head shaped like an ugly upside down stretched out scrotum.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
If by 'good character development' you mean he went from being a total fucktard to slightly less of a fucktard. Sazh is only one who actually shows why what Barthandelus is trying to pull is awful and why Vanille has essentially screwed everyone over.

The Sanctum ruined Hope's life, all the l'Cie stuff he got caught up in is his own damn fault. Sazh just wants to be with his son that got taken from him because Fang and Vanille decided to attack a random fal'cie which panicked and recruited Dajh. Boring and useless? Without him we don't see the problems Vanille has caused and why she acts so flaky. Without him we lose the only emotionally charged intense scene in the game. Without him we lose the only connection to this plight that we really should give a damn about.

He also serves as a foil to Lightning as they're in the fight for similar reasons. The whole thing fills Lightning with pissed off purpose. Sazh waffles on whether it's worth it, and when it's discovered the only person that had been giving him the motivation to keep going is THE reason Dajh was taken from him, he doesn't even see a reason to keep living.

Boring and useless? I couldn't disagree more.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Sazh. In the 10 hours I managed to endure the game, he was the only character I didn't want to punch. :monster:

EDIT: I know that I didn't really get to meet Fang, so maybe I'm missing a decent character, but truthfully, I cannot stand the game enough to get her.

Wow you actually lasted less than me playing it. Snow and Hope were the worst for me, I didn't only want to punch them I wanted to beat the crap out of them. I pretty much applauded Lightning when she punched him and I don't feel bad about it. Serah in the 5 minutes I saw her on screen came almost as bad as those two morons.

Lex

Administrator
If by 'good character development' you mean he went from being a total fucktard to slightly less of a fucktard. Sazh is only one who actually shows why what Barthandelus is trying to pull is awful and why Vanille has essentially screwed everyone over.

The Sanctum ruined Hope's life, all the l'Cie stuff he got caught up in is his own damn fault. Sazh just wants to be with his son that got taken from him because Fang and Vanille decided to attack a random fal'cie which panicked and recruited Dajh. Boring and useless? Without him we don't see the problems Vanille has caused and why she acts so flaky. Without him we lose the only emotionally charged intense scene in the game. Without him we lose the only connection to this plight that we really should give a damn about.

He also serves as a foil to Lightning as they're in the fight for similar reasons. The whole thing fills Lightning with pissed off purpose. Sazh waffles on whether it's worth it, and when it's discovered the only person that had been giving him the motivation to keep going is THE reason Dajh was taken from him, he doesn't even see a reason to keep living.

Boring and useless? I couldn't disagree more.

I respect your opinion, I really do, but I think we must agree to disagree here. His character just did absolutely nothing for me personally. I really believe that he could have been far more interesting.

Also, I really REALLY hate his hair, and can't get the idiotic phrase "sugar and rainbows" out of my head to this day.

Add to that, the fact that he was also completely useless in battle other than his stagger tricks later in the game... I just don't like him at all. I don't think I've actually ever disliked a character as much as I dislike Sazh.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The "sugar and rainbows" scene is the best in the game...and what's wrong with that line? Never struck me as out of place at all. The delivery was basically perfect.

I wasn't saying I don't respect your opinion or anything...I'm just baffled by it.

Karkat said:
lol someone that likes lightning rants about good character development

Tiff's opinion, on the other hand...

:monster:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
It was a cheesy line, let's be honest. But characters in FF history have all had cheesy lines, and it doesn't generally effect whether or not they're a good character.

Anyway, I can't decide between Lightning & Sazh.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I am being honest...how was it cheesy? "That's it?! You think you die and everything's gonna be sugar and rainbows!?"

Sure he could say the incredibly cliche "Killing you won't change anything!" or even worse "Then I'll be just like them," or worse still, "Dajh wouldn't want me to do this." That line has a lot more character and the delivery was spot-freakin-on.

Don't try to turn it into dilly dally shilly shally, cause it isn't.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
HOW DARE YOU. :awesome:

"That's it?! You think you die and everything's gonna be sugar and rainbows!?"

Kind of a cliche line, but not a cheesy one imo. It fit very well into the scene also, so I liked it. :3

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I didn't say I didn't like it. It just made me laugh in what was supposed to be a serious moment. That's all.

Anyway, whether or not I liked the line doesn't effect whether or not I like the character, so I don't see the big deal.

Top Bottom