• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Your Lifestream Needs You!

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Sorry I edited my post as you posted this.

Heres the thing tres. You dont seem to know how to use discord and are using your inability to work with it as a con against the system as a whole lol.

Sorta like old people who stick to physical keys on phones :monster:

Many of the gripes you mention here or in the past, discord has features to help you with. You can find with specific posts with the search feature and idc what anyone says it works better than the search vB had that we stuck with for like 10 years lol.

You can find when you were mentioned specifically with a single button press.

And the fact it's real time offers another kind of dip in and out convenience that forums dont have.

Yeah its not conducive to long form communication or the best at archival, but that's generally not what people at large want anymore.

They want instant feedback and gratification dopamine hits, and a platform like discord where potentially hundreds of people can see your post in real time and react instantly offers that. That's why its the future.

Your wanting live journal but everyone else wants twitter.

I know it's a rough platform to get used to, but once it "clicks" for you it really is a great thing and I hope our own Discord can become an extra place more of our own members would feel comfortable using regularly too. As I said earlier it would be great to have you guys in there mingling with the new people, were trying our best in the discord itself to incentivize joining the forum, but the fact is it's a tough sale and it's a two way street. If we can get more of us there I think it would be neat.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Don't get me wrong, I hope it goes all for the best in helping the site and the community. You seem confident that it will, and I value your opinion a lot. You're the first person I would think to ask if I had a question about anything related to social media or the future arc of tech-based communication and community.

And from a purely academic perspective, I find the whole deal fascinating. I may have ended up making my career in biological wastewater treatment, but I did get my degree in mass media communications, so ... :monster:

I just personally don't dig the format, and it comes down to a purely philosophical preference of sorts that you aptly summarized here:

Yeah its not conducive to long form communication or the best at archival, but that's generally not what people at large want anymore.

They want instant feedback and gratification dopamine hits, and a platform like discord where potentially hundreds of people can see your post in real time and react instantly offers that. That's why its the future.

Your wanting live journal but everyone else wants twitter.

It just ain't me. :monster:

However, out of deference for you where this subject matter is concerned -- and honestly for no other reason -- I will download the Discord app again and give it a tinker. Cool?

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
The wild thing is that a lot of people actually consider Reddit to be an actual forum. Isn’t that the saddest thing you’ve ever heard?!

I can go on and on why Reddit’s lame, but I’ll spare the details this time because you all probably already know.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Reddit is certainly inferior to the format here, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's as bad as Twitter or Discord. At least not for archival purposes.

For that matter, I use all of these to some extent, but Reddit is probably the only other format in which I have thought it worthwhile (even if not ideal) to engage in long form debate.

Lex

Administrator
So like, do you guys still need artists? I'm not exactly the top talent around, but I could help in my free time depending on what you'd need.

Activity on the content front is incredibly low at the moment, but I anticipate an uptick when the DLC comes out. Everyone is welcome to contribute though so if you want to get involved in some capacity we can see what's what when projects start popping up again :)

Top Bottom