• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Yu-Gi-Oh!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Oh God, awesome fanart is awesome.

...Although your Bobossa signature is going to give me nightmares. XDDDD

crack

Donator
...Although your Bobossa signature is going to give me nightmares. XDDDD
That's not the worst picture I have. :monster:

30becgm.jpg

2cehlza.jpg

24bqd5f.jpg

ifpmr4.jpg

14wd0md.jpg

oayu5s.jpg

2pzg2ee.jpg

29mq5jk.jpg

mx22yu.jpg

2rhpsfq.jpg

oayu5s.jpg

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Awesome fanart. *saves like whoa*

...But I have a morbid curiosity to see what the worst you have is. >D

crack

Donator
...But I have a morbid curiosity to see what the worst you have is. >D
Something like this:

13yhsop.jpg

281bixg.jpg

2dkxruq.jpg

iyesdw.jpg

er0f9c.jpg

rti4nr.jpg

2eoboyb.jpg

2namjqa.jpg

k0q9hf.png

2ufc6k7.jpg

2daydue.jpg

1zmm0ye.jpg

15hkj00.jpg

95quxf.jpg

293vrqv.png

15sab2x.jpg

2mq5095.jpg

2v0lqgh.jpg

2hpsn4x.png

2d9wpd1.jpg

o8z9ys.jpg

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
And I think now is the time to post a real awesome summary of the movie from a fan who actually got to see the movie themselves.

The beginning is as expected, it starts in the 5Ds era, where Paradox interupts a riding duel between Yusei, Jack and Crow, and steals Stardust, taking it into the past. Yusei and friends discover the timeline is being effected due to Paradox taking Stadust into the past and destroying the time with it. They figure that if he continues doing this, the timeline will become corrupt and existence and reality will be destroyed. So using the power of the Crimson Dragon, the Signers create a time-slip where Paradox went through time and allow Yusei to go back, and stop his time-meddling.

We then go to the GX era, where Judai is at a Vatican-like area, because there was a rumor about a duelist destroying other people's cards. It is then Paradox appears, summons Stardust and destroys everything, nearly kiilling Judai. Yusei appears, saves him and asks for Judai's help. Then Judai gets all excited when he sees Yusei's D-Wheel, asking if that's the duel disk of the future, and is impressed that it evolved like that. Then they search for a event in the past where Paradox went to.

Then in Yugi's time, there's a event where Pegasus will distribute cards in a tournament and Yugi and Sugoroku are there too. Pegasus arrives at noon, but at that moment Paradox appears and summons Sin Cyber End Dragon, Sin Rainbow Dragon and Stardust Dragon.

Paradox destroys everything, a huge ass building crushes Pegasus, Yugi faints, and when he wakes up everything is in ruins and he only finds grandpa's headband. At that moment a crack in space appears and the crimson dragon "eats" Yugi.

Yugi is then thrown out of another crack in time at the same place 30 minutes earlier, and Yusei and Judai approach Yugi on the D Wheel. Yusei and Judai explain the situation and decide to face off against Paradox together, to save Yusei's, Judai's and Yugi's timelines from disintegrating thanks to Paradox screwing with time.

Yubel throws some fireballs at the event so spectators gathered there run away, and then Paradox shows up. They have 20 minutes to defeat him before Pegasus arrives, Paradox does his thing, and the other eras crumble to pieces.

Cue the duel between Paradox and the three heroes of YGO.

Paradox's D Wheel transforms into a flying type and he floats up high and the duel starts.
Paradox goes first. He activates a field spell card that let him put a random Sin monster from his deck to his hand instead of drawing a card. The field turns into a purple space full of stars and with the 3D effect it was AMAZING. Then he sends Cyber End to the grave and summons Sin Cyber End.
Yusei says that everything is his fault, and asks Yugi and Judai to let him take the first turn. Judai and Yugi agrees and say: ''Okay Yusei, kick his ass!".
Yusei activates a spell that sends two monsters from his hand to the grave but let him add a monster to his hand for two turns(kinda blurry, it may be different). Yusei sends Roadrunner and Bolt Hedgehog to the grave and gets Junk Synchron. Summoning Junk Synchron he gets Roadrunner and Hedgehog on his field, and Synchro Summons Junk Gardna. Yugi and Judai are impressed with the new cards from the future. Yusei sets a card and end his turn.
Paradox adds a Sin Rainbow Dragon to his hand, summons it( Judai's pissed cause Paradox's using Johan's card XD) and attack with Sin CyberEnd. Yusei uses his monster effect changing Cyberend to defence mode. Then Rainbow attacks and Gardna is destroyed, Gardna's effect changes Rainbow to defense. Yusei uses a card that brings back Gardna.
Now is Judai's turn. His theme begins to play and he uses Fusion. He then fuses Neos and Gardna to summon Neos Knight. Neos Knight gets half of the attack points of the warrior material monster used. He then destroys CyberEnd, Neos Knight can attack twice so he also destroys Rainbow. Judai sets 4 cards and end his turn.
Paradox summons Sin Stardust and tunes it to summon Sin Paradox Dragon. He then brings back Stardust from the grave with Dragon's effect. As long as Stardust is on the field all of the opponents monsters loses 2500 ATK points. Paradox Dragon attacks Neos Knight, kinda blurry, I think Judai uses hero barrier.
Yugi's turn. His theme plays and he uses Yusei's card effect to add Black Magician to his hand. He activates Ancient Rules and summon him, Judai gets all excited seeing Black Magician. Then a magic card summons Black Magician Girl. Yugi uses a magic card to get control of Paradox Dragon but Paradox uses a trap that negates all effects against the Dragon then Yugi smiles and say that his real target is Stardust. Now Yusei got Stardust back. Yugi then uses a card that combine the Magicians attack points and destroy Paradox Dragon. But then Paradox uses a trap, when Paradox Dragon is destroyed he pays half of his life to summon SIN Truth Dragon. He then fuses with him and gets all crazy/face deforming effect exactly like Marik. Everyone is amazed by how gigantic the monster is.

Paradox's turn. He summons Sin Blue Eyes and Sin Red Eyes. Now is really blurry sorry,I think Red Eyes attack Magician Girl but Judai uses something to protect her. The Blue Eyes attacks Neos, Judai uses De-Fusion. Paradox then attack with Truth Dragon destroys a monster a thanks to its effect he destorys all monsters on the field. Yusei uses Stardusts effect but I dont remeber how Truth Dragon isnt destroyed and get to attack again or something. Then Yusei is on his knees saying that its all over, their future is doomed. Then in Neo Domino everyone is watching the dimesion fall apart but Jack says that Yusei will save everyone. Then Yugi and Judai tell Yusei to get up, because *Insert Friendship Speech*. Then Judai activates Flute of Summoning Kuriboh, Yugi gets kuriboh uses his effect. Then a giant 3D kuriboh blocks the attack.
Yusei's turn. He plays a trap that bring all the monsters back and then Judai and Yugi play a trap Neos and Black Magician Versions that double Stardust Attack to 10000. Then Black Magician, Neos and Stardust combine their attacks and win the duel.
After that Yusei thanks everyone and hope to meet then again, the next time to duel with Yugi. Then Yugi gives a good old friendship speech.
Yusei's back at Neo Domino and everyone comes running screaming: Yusei!
Yusei than looks at the Sky and thinks: " I'll protect my future so one day we can meet again, Judai san, Yugi san...."

The End

Credit goes to the janime forum user sesho for remembering everything and giving us our first english summary of the movie.
:monster:

One thing people were confused about, was why Paradox's defeat would fix the timeline, and why we were never told what happened that caused Paradox's future to become ruined. We discover that somehow, a cataclysm occured thanks to Duel Monsters, and Paradox was the only human left on the entire planet. It is because of this that he decides to go back in time and erase Duel Monsters from history. The very answer to this, is because Paradox is the very "paradox" of time, and the cause of his own future's calamity.

In terms of the Grandfather Paradox, he wouldn't be aware of his responsibility at all. See Futurama, and how Fry became his own Grandfather. The paradox lends itself to creation because the one who creates the paradox is unaware of their contamination of the timestream.

If time is one continual stream of events that exist, then Paradox by his very birth ended up damning the future and when he gained the means of time travel, he attempted to fulfill his destined role as the future's destroyer. That explains why he alone is the only human on the planet who exists. Because he's the cause and catalyst for its destruction..he *has* to exist, because he *has* to go back in time to make said world be destroyed. And it's by whatever miraculous event that united the three YGO protagonists (i.e. The Crimson Dragon), that allowed the future to be changed by his defeat.

Some people theorized that Darkness from YGO GX was the cause of this, but that doesn't seem very likely since it doesn't appear to be mentioned at all in the movie, and if Darkness were the cause, wouldn't that big, black eclipse/planet appear over the world? Instead of just the world looking like Mars? Darkness will always exist, and if Darkness finally got its chance to consume and destroy mankind, wouldn't the world have just been "replaced" by the World of Darkness? It doesn't really explain why Paradox would be the sole human left in the entire world, and why his defeat ends up saving time itself and the future. It also fits the theme of the movie.

In terms of this movie, the only real "paradox" that exists within this story that threatens humanity is Paradox himself. And the reason his defeat occurs and literally stabilizes time is because Paradox is a destructive anomaly, whether he knows it or not.

The guy is trying to save the world from Duel Monsters...using Duel Monsters...and the consequence of his actions, destroying the world and its future. See? :monster:

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
@The post a billion pages up--> OMG YUGI'S CRYING HE LOOKS SO CUTE IN PAIN. <33 *Ahem*

janime! I signed up there but stopped posting... lol. I don't remember my account anymore. Maybe I should make a new one some day. xD

crack

Donator
Great summary and analysis, thanks for it Mako. I was actually a bit hesitant to even read anything in depth about this movie, but it sounds interesting enough that I might watch it - especially if
Paradox fuses with SIN Truth Dragon, I always found that to be an interesting concept in YGO

@The post a billion pages up--> OMG YUGI'S CRYING HE LOOKS SO CUTE IN PAIN. <33 *Ahem*
Wait, where?

janime! I signed up there but stopped posting... lol. I don't remember my account anymore. Maybe I should make a new one some day. xD
I remember lurking there, but I never signed up. :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Great summary and analysis, thanks for it Mako. I was actually a bit hesitant to even read anything in depth about this movie, but it sounds interesting enough that I might watch it - especially if
Paradox fuses with SIN Truth Dragon, I always found that to be an interesting concept in YGO

No prob :monster:

This movie definitely sounds enjoyable, and a great 10th Anniversary get together for the heroes. I was at first sad that the duel was so short...but it definitely defined the concept of "short but sweet" to me.
I too think Paradox fusing with Sin Truth Dragon as win.

The only crits I have for the movie are:

*More backstory on Paradox and him being the cause of his own time's paradox.

*A longer duel, of course. And a new monster for Yugi. THAT'S the only thing that miffs me. Although one could argue they went with quality over quantity in regards to the new cards Yugi played.

*More cameos and appearances of characters.

crack

Donator
This movie definitely sounds enjoyable, and a great 10th Anniversary get together for the heroes. I was at first sad that the duel was so short...but it definitely defined the concept of "short but sweet" to me
Actually, to be honest, that's one thing that appealed to me - it's interesting to know that the plot of this movie doesn't just exclusively revolve around a card game.

And agreed with all your points there - especially cameos! I would have loved to see Akiza or another supporting character; but of course, the movie is solely focused on the three... and like you said, Yugi not having any new monsters almost becomes so painfully redundant that you can literally predict his next card.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Actually, to be honest, that's one thing that appealed to me - it's interesting to know that the plot of this movie doesn't just exclusively revolve around a card game.

And agreed with all your points there - especially cameos! I would have loved to see Akiza or another supporting character; but of course, the movie is solely focused on the three... and like you said, Yugi not having any new monsters almost becomes so painfully redundant that you can literally predict his next card.

That's a good point. A good half of the movie isn't dueling XD

Akiza does appear in the movie. Most of the major 5Ds characters appear. I meant the GX and original series characters. :monster:

Yugi's no more redundant than Yusei or Judai. Although I will give Yusei props for not using Speed Warrior for this entire movie. He should get a shiny medal for that :awesome:

crack

Donator
Akiza does appear in the movie. Most of the major 5Ds characters appear. I meant the GX and original series characters. :monster:
Oh. In that case, I would have liked more YGO DM characters. :monster: Do you happen to have any screenshots of Akiza?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The duel does sound awfully short, but still, I'll be sure to watch it, sounds cool.

Because of this topic I was doing some YGO research because I have paid literally no attention to it since DM ended, and is it true the dub just skipped the whole last season of DX? Really?

I know 4kids butchered the shows and I'm not exactly pining for it, I just can't believe 5Ds came out and so they just skipped the last season. Did it even ahve an ending in the US or was it like it was canceled?

(I wouldn't mind seeing Judai and Yugi's duel in english, actually)

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yes you're correct, YGO GX's 4th season was never aired in the US. It literally just endedat season 3. 4Kids just literally lost interest for 5Ds. It's really sad.

And Yugi and Judai's duel was a really good one. You should check it out. :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Speaking of Yugi crying... :awesome:

Look at the latest 5Ds opening..it's a killer.

That's so damn sad.

crack

Donator
And Yugi and Judai's duel was a really good one. You should check it out.
Speaking of this, I've always wondered what everyone's favorite duels from Yu-Gi-Oh were.

Yugi and Judai's duel was pretty good, but I think the one duel that tops the rest would definitely be Yami Malik and Atem - there was so much plot within that duel as well, which made it exciting. Doesn't hurt that Yami Malik was a sadistic, awesome bastard during the entire time either.

Speaking of Yugi crying... :awesome:

Look at the latest 5Ds opening..it's a killer.

That's so damn sad.
I can never take Pegasus seriously...

And aaw, AIBOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Speaking of this, I've always wondered what everyone's favorite duels from Yu-Gi-Oh were.

Yugi and Judai's duel was pretty good, but I think the one duel that tops the rest would definitely be Yami Malik and Atem - there was so much plot within that duel as well, which made it exciting. Doesn't hurt that Yami Malik was a sadistic, awesome bastard during the entire time either.

Yugi/Atem against Yami Malik definitely is one of my favorites. SOUL ENERGY MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yugi/Atem against Pegasus was also another awesome one.

But one of my all time, truly favorite ones, that even tears me up inside, would be Yugi versus Atem..the final duel of the series. That one was just...so sad but well done.

I can never take Pegasus seriously...

And aaw, AIBOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Pegasus looks fabulous even when getting crushed under tons of rubble. :awesome:

But no seriously, that was sad. Poor Yugi. That's gotta be pretty traumatizing.

Top Bottom