• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Yuffie or Cait Sith?

Yuffie or Cait Sith? Who's the lesser of 'two evils?'

• Yuffie

Votes: 37 84.1%
  • Cait Sith

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

Ghost X

I get the impression people disliked Yuffie because she took your materia in one section of the game. To me, it was just a fun challenge. Yuffie for some reason seemed to always be a strong character for me in battle, so that helps me like her too. Cait Sith on the other hand I never found reliable in battle, so didn't like him. I also didn't like that he only had 2 limit breaks.

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
All you Yuffie haters can go to hell! She is an will always be my favorite FF7 character (Even topping Rufus), seriously she is the bomb and a damn useful party member (Doom of the living anyone?). And to be honest I didn't find her annoying in VII, her dialogue was pretty funny.....Cait Sith on the other hand, I've just never taken to him or used him in the party (that limit break thing where there's a chance of getting a game over was a big deterrent also)

In conclusion Alex and Bex can go suck a VTOL's rocket. :awesome:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Oh, tough choice. I go with Yuffie as the lesser evil. She was actually worth something in battle and was good for occasional comic relief. Cait Sith was useless except for a vessel to talk to Reeve. And also, though she's nowhere near the level of Aerith and Tifa...Yuffie's kinda cute.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
So... I like both, at least a little.

But Yuffie wins. Why? Her challenge to fight to the top of the pagoda in Wutai and confront her father was fucking amazing. If anyone disagrees with me I'd feed their left kidney to Leviathan. Seriously, an amazing segment.

Funny, tough, ninja-tastic, and about the only one-on-one sequence without Cloud, that had it all. Cait Sith's cool too, whenever I go back to FFVII I can read his lines in a fake Scottish accent!

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I like them both; and, I don't consider either 'evil'.

Yuffie's very dramatic and eager, with a great deal of energy.

Cait Sith is a robot, seeming bringing a childlike quality to Reeve's leadership.

But, for the poll, I chose 'Yuffie.' :)

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
Ye gawds, I used to hate Yuffie. But the Case of tale hiked her up quite a bit in my opinion... still find her annoying, though. :monster:

In terms of fighting, I've always hated how useless Cait Sith feels in the original game. I thought he had much potential. Battle-wise, Yuffie trumps CS, no question about it.

If anyone disagrees with me I'd feed their left kidney to Leviathan. Seriously, an amazing segment.

Bring it! :wacky:

Last edited:

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
I chose Yuffie because her limit breaks are quite useful. Plus, I liked her sidequest a lot. Caith is cute, and I love Reeve, but in battle he's not that good. So I'll settle with Yuffie.

Murasame

Rookie Adventurer
I prefer Yuffie over Cait. I have nothing against Cait Sith at all but I just found Yuffie to be a lot of fun, balncing out the gloominess of some of the other characters.
Her long range weapons and limits are also a plus.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Now about these uses for Yuffie :awesome:

A certain link comes to mind that our new host would allow me to share. :awesome:

To the topic:
I actually like both characters, so I call bullshit on the whole damn thread idea. :monster:

Anyway, I never held a grudge against Yuffie for swiping the materia, and I found her personality to be a very enjoyable part of the game. I also thoroughly enjoyed her entire sidequest in Wutai. That's one of my favorite parts of the game.

In addition, she's of my permanent party members for gameplay, the other being Cid (a third not mentioned for obvious reasons: you're stuck with Cloud). Love her limits and just enjoy using her.

Cait Sith, on the other hand, has terrible limits and I never used him in gameplay more than I had to.

That said, approaching this subject with Reeve in Cait Sith's place -- which I tend to do -- he ranks very high for story purposes. He's one of my favorite characters.

I also loved how they utilized his "death" to desensitize the player to party members dying -- right before permanently killing off Aerith.

In the end, I chose Caith Sith in the poll for the above reasons.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
I don't hate either of them really and i guess wouldn't call them "evil" but both aren't really the type of character I like or never really my favorites, tbh.

I chose Yuffie though because I thought at least she fit the criteria of random peppy chick in the game whereas the damn cat was just...there. /:

I also loved how they utilized his "death" to desensitize the player to party members dying -- right before permanently killing off Aerith.
Yesssssssssssss. I liked him for that, but when they said Cait Sith was going to die or sacrifice himself I didn't feel the slightest amount of grief.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I voted for Yuffie, but now that it was brought up, I remember being really upset at the idea of Cait Sith dying when I first played through. Weird, because prior to that I found him really annoying. I guess 9-year old me got really upset at the notion of big pink fluffy cat thing dying?

Still sticking to Yuffie though. Ninjas are cooler than robots.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I have always loved Yuffie. She's great, peppy and funny and such a riot. I personally think she kicks ass as a character, she was one of my strongest. She reminds me a lot of Selphie, and I love Selphie too soooo. x]

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
When Selphie suggested skinning a Moomba in order to use its hide as a disguise, she officially won me over.

Smaddy

Green Mage
I voted for Yuffie, but now that it was brought up, I remember being really upset at the idea of Cait Sith dying when I first played through. Weird, because prior to that I found him really annoying. I guess 9-year old me got really upset at the notion of big pink fluffy cat thing dying?
I was too. I think it's the combination of what he says and 'Interrupted by Fireworks' playing in the background.

I voted for Yuffie. She's annoying but useful. She's actually pretty funny at times. The Wutai sidequest was rather entertaining. The only problem was, if you took the Tiny Bronco directly over to Wutai right after you're done in Rocket Town... then it was really, really difficult to complete.

The only place I really dislike Yuffie is in DoC. She's too annoying, bouncy, and obnoxious. I know that's the point, but I think it's overkill.

Cait Sith tbh, aside from plot purposes, I don't find much use in him. His limits are meh. They're lifted almost directly from FF6's Setzer, but at least Setzer's attacks could be altered and used each round, so they were more useful. Cait's only come up once in awhile, and if the chance fails, it could really affect your battle. I'd rather go with a limit that I know is fairly guaranteed to do a lot of damage.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I voted for Yuffie. I do enjoy her personality and her quest on Wutai was good, however... she was never on my teams. Because my teams are an ode to randomness [I was extatic over Tifa's limit breaks, and Vincent made me laugh each time he randomly transformed even though he nearly got me killed the bastard], I was always ranting when I had to switch characters because Cloud, Tifa and Vincent were the only ones I played thoroughly XD

Cait Sith who? ._.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
The shortstack has a valid point here. I think thread = over.

I pick Yuffie as the lesser evil, for one reason.
Conformer + Morph -> easy stat building.
Though the extended w-item trick allows duplicating even the stat building items, Yuffie's advantage of always hitting with maximum damage even when using morph is a good tool when you roam about the Gelnika. When you want to morph multiple enemies at once, just equip Mega All and the deal is done.

That's the only thing I care about. I'm surprised nobody in the thread mentioned this ability of Yuffie's. Equally Barret's and Vincent's respective ultimate weapons can be used to cause maximum damage even with morph, but it's easier to do with Yuffie.

...Oh, you want me to comment their personalities? Sorry, I only care about building my stats.

Kikki

Pro Adventurer
AKA
myPEACEFULsanctuary
I like Yuffie. I didn't find that her stealing my materia was annoying, it was the fact that she f*cking messed up the order of my materia when she gave it back. I don't think I ever recovered from it :P But she's cute + funny

Cait Sith I found was kinda bland in character so Yuffie gets my vote

Anonymouse

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Yuffie's fantastic! Although her sixth limit break is waaaaay better than All Creation, imo. She's also awesome for stat-maxing because of her conformer.

I can't say anything positive about Cait Sith. I hate the limit breaks.

Top Bottom