• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Yuri Hioki (Remake Level Designer) Reveals Tifa's Cut Chapter

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I wouldn't be surprised if they're going to hold this until the PC version of Remake is ready to launch. We still have no date for that even though we know it will happen eventually. Having extra chapters as DLC and more polish over all would give them a decent reason to postpone the PC launch past April, which would be a year after the PS4 version came out.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer
That's like the best case scenario right there. It'd be amazing to have a side episode for Barret and Aerith as well, though I'm not sure where or what they would be compared to Tifa's very well established one. Oh, I hope this is real.

I’d quite like to see their route and escape out of the Sector 5 reactor as I guess this is where the Tifa elements would naturally begin. Even if the plate is in a similar state to what Sector 8 was, I’d still like to see more of what is up there (presumably the escape route is Sector 4?). How did they get back to the slums? What happened when they got there? How did Barret and others react to Cloud’s fall?

As for Aerith, could there be a bit of expansion of her journey back to the Shinra building, dialogue in and around it and so on? I guess there wouldn’t be much gameplay as such in that, though.

Please Square, give me all the answers.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I can see a Tifa DLC as being described in the latest Ultimania, but not for Barret or Aerith; first, there is no teasing for those two. Second, I consider this Tifa episode as the pendant of Aerith's when you control her and she saves people in chapter 12, which is already a big event in itself. What is there to add from Aerith's perspective that we didn't know? I think this was the only thing people were really interested in, what we've left is maybe her talking to Tseng and bringing Marlene to her mother? Is that really worthy of a DLC, compared to the Tifa's story which brings in more Avalanche and their hide out, and the quest for a dress?

And Barret is a secondary character (albeit an important one) that we'd see through Tifa's story. Again, I don't see what a DLC could bring, plus we don't get to control him like we do with Cloud, Aerith and Tifa who are the three "main characters".

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Hmmm, it'd be real cool to have a DLC episode of Red XIII's time in the Shinra Building. I'm not sure how many attack animations he has already in Remake, but it didn't seem like a lot, so maybe making him playable and engaging is a bit beyond the scope of a DLC episode. I sure would love it though. If they're planning to revisit cut content, maybe they could even dig up the OG's cut content and have him fight his clones, Cobalt XIV and Indigo XV.

What's the source on that OG cut content anyway? People have referenced it a few times over the years, I mean it's on the FF wiki, but I don't actually know where it comes from.

Last edited:

rkss

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Me
More like definitive edition than DLC actually. New contents are nice and all but doesn't warrant a DLC on its own.

Unless they're going to do Jessie & Tifa team up adventure DLC then I can get behind the idea.

Reactions: Wol

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Whatever they do I hope it's integrated into the story seamlessly. I don't want any of that fractured Episode: Dudeface stuff like in FFXV.

Top Bottom