Zack's Parents..I think I'm going to cry.

Mangakamary

Rookie Adventurer
Is there really no way to inform Zack's parents about his death? I heard that you can't ever tell them because it wasn't programmed into the original final fantasy. Well I'm currently replaying ffvii right now and I'm super sad because I can't tell his parents what happened even though cloud remembered.. So this thought occurred..has anyone ever tried going through the game without talking to Zack's parents, until you get clouds memory back and see the flashback explaining what happened to Zack and then tak to his parents? I know that you can get them to talk about cisneii if aeris and Tifa are with you..so maybe thy will say something different if you never talk to them until you recover all your memories..or Zack's parents just aren't meant to know..:((

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I don't think they ever mention Cissnei. The girl they mention Zack writing to them about was Aerith, I think.

Kingdom Hearts530

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Heart/Sam
I don't think they ever mention Cissnei. The girl they mention Zack writing to them about was Aerith, I think.

If you have Tifa and Aerith in the party then they mention that another girl used to visit a lot but hasn't in a while, which I'm pretty sure refers to Cissnei.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
They are not referring to Cissnei as Cissnei was not even a thing at that time. :P

They are referring to Aerith.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It is crazy sad. It sucks there's no scene where you tell them. But there's also no scene with Elmyra where you tell her about Aerith...

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Reeve tells Elmyra about Aerith. I know they retconned that with the novellas but Cait Sith tells everyone that Reeve did it.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Even the novella didn't retcon that. Translation error where "Cloud talked to Elmyra about" was taken for "informed her of."

Mangakamary

Rookie Adventurer
See, because of the fact that his parents say something about another girl it makes me wonder if maybe square already had a storyline for Zack. I'm sure they had some sort of story for him but I don't think it was as developed as crisis core! Either way..I just wish I could have told his parents. If square enix ever remakes this game they need to include that in it ! Lol

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The girl was Aerith. This is all Zack's parents say about a girl: "I remember he wrote us 6 or 7 years ago saying that he had a girlfriend. Could that have been you?"

Novus

Pro Adventurer
That event is likely turned off after the Plot progression value hits a certain figure. You'd have to ask Shademp when it occurs exactly in the game's plot.

FF7, like most rpgs, is engineered in a way that the story is told through exploration. Perhaps the parents were added when they realised there weren't enough clues for the lifestream reveal and didn't feel the need for a resolution.
I wonder if I would have pieced it together it I played it as an adult. Did anyone else guess the Zack reveal or work out where the story was going.

Last edited:

Mangakamary

Rookie Adventurer
That event is likely turned off after the Plot progression value hits a certain figure. You'd have to ask Shademp.

FF7 likes most rpgs is engineered in a way that the story is told through exploration. Perhaps the parents were added when they realised there weren't enough clues for the lifestream reveal and didn't feel the need for a resolution.
I wonder if I would have pieced it together it I played it as an adult. Did anyone else guess the Zack reveal or work out where the story was going.

That does sound true. I just wish they would have aloud us to resolve that though since he played a major role. I guess since his told wasn't suppose to be important they didn't feel the need to really have anything more about Zack.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
That event is likely turned off after the Plot progression value hits a certain figure. You'd have to ask Shademp when it occurs exactly in the game's plot.

It does, it gets disabled as soon as you have completed both Corel and Fort Condor with Cid, and it only triggers if Cloud is in the team. After that his dad just asks if he knew a Zack in SOLDIER, to which Cloud doesn't answer.

I think there a lot of thing Square omitted from the game that we can imagine for ourselves. I don't know if they were working on that principle when they decided not to show Zack's parents being told about their son's death; they only show what they need to show to keep the story moving forward.

Top Bottom