The Lifestream Forums

The Lifestream Forums (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/index.php)
-   Forum News & Information (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   New site staff and Mod, TresDias/Squall_of_SeeD (https://thelifestream.net/oldforums/showthread.php?t=3342)

Makoeyes987 11/09/2009 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood (Post 182764)
I'm fine with SoS/Tres being a mod, but I just don't know him that well, and that concerns me as a member. I don't know if he'd suddenly flip shit and ban everyone or if he'd be just as objective as Ten. So that's why I bitched/mocked.

Wow, you really think we'd appointment a madman like that? You make it sound like he's a possible Sinfinity. Not only is that highly unlikely, but he's only a mod. If for some bizarre reason he flipped, an admin would be more than able to undo it, and punish such an egregious act.

You may not know him, but we do, and that's...kinda paranoid. He's not Vossler/Q/Sinfinity :monster:

Marauder 11/09/2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quexinos (Post 182770)
I said "IF" I made things worse, IF. :awesomonster:

IF still implies some sort of responsibility :monster:

Alex 11/09/2009 01:04 AM

I think staff didn't appoint Tennyo because she was a woman and they're a group of sexist cowboys on a power trip.

Marauder 11/09/2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Weasley (Post 182773)
I think staff didn't appoint Tennyo because she was a woman and they're a group of sexist cowboys on a power trip.

You're right! You're so right!

Makoeyes987 11/09/2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobos (Post 182767)
How big of your ego to assume that you're making things worse :monster:

That post had nothing to do with you. Quit antagonizing and speaking of her ego. This thread's been off topic enough as is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Weasley (Post 182773)

See, it's this cutting perception of yours that keeps you out of staff Alex. You know too much. :awesome:

Marauder 11/09/2009 01:09 AM

A lot of posts have nothing to do with anyone, but you don't see admin attention brought directly to those posts.

The Man 11/09/2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravynne (Post 182680)
Which, by the by, has not been the best of tones lately, with the actions and attitudes that have seemingly been permissible from members as of late. I thought respect of other members was a requirement, but it seems that if you make a few of the right people laugh, you can show disrespect to whomever you want.

Really now, you're expecting a staff whose most active admin flames in virtually every fifth post he makes to enforce no-flaming rules?

Alex 11/09/2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobos (Post 182782)
A lot of posts have nothing to do with anyone, but you don't see admin attention brought directly to those posts.

It's because they don't like you, it means they'll be on your back more.

Bex 11/09/2009 01:11 AM

Mako's text is now bold. Shit just got real.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quexinos (Post 182766)
The thing is I don't need you to tell me I'm being a bitch, I'm fully aware that I'm being a bitch.

So don't take anything personally, okay? I certainly never did when you reacted to me. TBH I think you're a pretty good member here and I never really had a problem with you.

So can we call a truce before you leave? I don't want you to leave hating me or anything.

Don't give yourself too much credit love. You're getting defensive over an internet forum; there weren't even any witty quips in your posts. Mate, you're not legendary enough to be a bitch.

Man up and step up to the plate, watching you brown nose the staff is about as appealing as ice fishing in a 40 year old hooker's fanny.

Also, I would like to wholeheartedly commend Road for his opposition. love love.

Marauder 11/09/2009 01:11 AM

That's what I get for joining the kool kidz klub ;-;

KissTheRain 11/09/2009 01:12 AM

Really i'm not totally informed on what are the qualifications for a good mod, I just figured someone who is one a good amount of time, is good at dealing with bullshit drama and making decisions, has decent enough posts and understands what the forum is ever about. Though i'm not on staff so I don't know why they chose SoS, but i'm sure there is some good enough reason that i probably missed while skimming.

Alessa Gillespie 11/09/2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako Eyes (Post 182771)
Wow, you really think we'd appointment a madman like that? You make it sound like he's a possible Sinfinity. Not only is that highly unlikely, but he's only a mod. If for some bizarre reason he flipped, an admin would be more than able to undo it, and punish such an egregious act.

You may not know him, but we do, and that's...kinda paranoid. He's not Vossler/Q/Sinfinity :monster:

They appoint people like you, rite? :monster:

But I don't actually think he'd suddenly ban people, I just don't know how fair he is in arguments and giving credit to both sides.

Makoeyes987 11/09/2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood (Post 182788)
They appoint people like you, rite? :monster:

I just knew you were gonna say that :monster:

Quote:

But I don't actually think he'd suddenly ban people, I just don't know how fair he is in arguments and giving credit to both sides.
From past experience and encounters, he's more than fair, and if there's a problem that's what the rest of staff is for.

Alex 11/09/2009 01:19 AM

Quote:

if there's a problem that's what the rest of staff is for.
That well-respected, reknowned problem solving think tank that we all trust to not cock things up?

:monster:

Marauder 11/09/2009 01:21 AM

Alex wins the forum.